Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team has been bought out - immediate withdrawl from the iPhone community

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Come on lets be real people. These people owe us nothing. They, like us, like to have fun and have made their hobby of hacking fun for all of us.
    Thanks

Come on lets be real people. These people owe us nothing. They, like us, like to have fun and have made their hobby of hacking fun for all of us. We are just lucky that they share what they do. I donated because I am gratefull for being able to have a great phone that I didn't have to sign a two year contract agreement to get.
    So great April Fools Joke!

And to all of you that have posted such negative comments....."LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to teamrev For This Useful Post:

PSP2006 (04-01-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It's not even official that they've closed shop. They're web site is back up and running. It's great you donated some money. You have most likely been using an unlocked or jailbroken phone for a while now too which is all b/c of them. So even it is true they are gone, your money was well spent since it's not just Pwnage they are responsible for. They are the whole reason this iPhone community exists! They could have kept their tools and code secret and not shared it all FOR FREE!! They could have charged money for their intellectual property but they have yet to do so.

And if you really want 1.2 to test your apps why don't you join their IRC channel and persude them as to why you are so special that you deserve the privilege of having it before the public. Would you rather see them risk getting thrown in jail by releasing this?
    Like I said before I don't really care if they infact close shop, or if is a joke, that been said Dude I don't have an Unlock or Jailbroken iphone Never need it to do it, and when I have done for friends, I have never used any of the tools out there other than iphuc, for that I thank them and I have not only donate 60.00 I have donate a lot more than that and even gave them suggestion, some of them I have seen used in other tools, now i'm not saying it, they used it becasue I suggested it or told them so, those guys are very, very, talented, and I appreciated what they have done for everyone in the iphone community.

Now the whole point of me being special, and for them to let try the 1.2b soft, to answer your ? Why NOT!!, why not let guys around the US, and the world used it so they can better their, upcoming apps, and tools for the iphone, the only that would actually benefit from it is the Entire IPHONE COMMUNITY!! The one that Support their Dev.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey guys check out the site again your all a bunch of children

the dev team sites....
    Last edited by dirtyu; 04-01-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

But anyways I did Email a friend of mine that is very good friend with one of the Dev, apperently is Just a JOKE! for whatever thats worth.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    Man some of you people are ungrateful asses. Who are you/we to say anything about what the dev-team does or doesn't do. Even is this was true who cares. If you're so pissed off that they would sell out then go figure out how to do this hacking stuff yourself.
    True -- what a bunch of spoiled brats...

Thanks

Lol the last few parts of the post give it away...

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea calm down. it's April fools.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think it's time to just close this tread (Mods)

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo0019 View Post
    How about all the ones that pay money so they can fool around with one of the hottes items on the market, I understand, and don't really care about them, closing shop but how about giving me back the 60.00 bucks I gave them for the development of PWN** BS, and plus if they were not going to lauch iphone 1.2b so Dev like me and around the World could used it to test their code on the real thing not the BS simulator apple gave us.
    1.2 will not be released by the Dev Team. That is just stupid to think. Who said that? What gave you that idea? Do you know how many legal complications that would cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo0019 View Post
    Like I said before I don't really care if they infact close shop, or if is a joke, that been said Dude I don't have an Unlock or Jailbroken iphone Never need it to do it, and when I have done for friends, I have never used any of the tools out there other than iphuc, for that I thank them and I have not only donate 60.00 I have donate a lot more than that and even gave them suggestion, some of them I have seen used in other tools, now i'm not saying it, they used it becasue I suggested it or told them so, those guys are very, very, talented, and I appreciated what they have done for everyone in the iphone community.

Now the whole point of me being special, and for them to let try the 1.2b soft, to answer your ? Why NOT!!, why not let guys around the US, and the world used it so they can better their, upcoming apps, and tools for the iphone, the only that would actually benefit from it is the Entire IPHONE COMMUNITY!! The one that Support their Dev.
    Because they can get jailed! They don't own it!

Plus, did you not get the memo about it being all over the pirate bay right now?
    Last edited by King Chronic; 04-01-2008 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

Linux4me (04-01-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmm i am looking at the Dev site
    and i cant seem to find anything about this.

http://wikee.iphwn.org/#announcementshttp://wikee.iphwn.org/#announcements
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

Thanks

Default Its Just A Joke
    For the people that are taking this serious. Its just a damn joke April1 last time I checked its April fools day. I agree with many people Dev Team dont owe jack to no one of the iphone community. They did there share. BUT ITS JUST A D@*# JOKE THERE SITE IS BACK UP.

// Another C++ for ya some might not understand English if you want
    // I can but it in other programming Languages for ya C/C++, C#, Java, //JavaScript,FORTRAN,BASIC,COBOL,Pascal, Python even HTML

cout << "ITS A JOKE HA HA HA\n" << "STOP YOUR COMPLAINING!\n";
    printf("ITS JUST A JOKE HA HA HA\n");
    txtJoke.Text = "ITS JUST A JOKE HA HA HA"

cout << "When you think OS think Linux. The OS of Champions."

Thanks

on their web site the word bubble says hi in russian for all its worth
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Thanks

Guys, 1.2 was never going to be released by the Dev team. That accusation was totally inaccurate. As Chronic had said, this would create so many legal problems for them. Also, the reason the release was delayed is because of the colorful Apple logo's on the iPhone boot that we all had seen in the video and they wanted to include a Windows release for their loyal donators. Why do you really think the firmware was put onto Pirate Bay? We just wanted you guys to stop asking for the firmware. The 2.0 firmware is already floating around out there and there is nothing you can do with it until Pwned is released unless your a Dev. None of the tools released thus far have been able to activate, jailbreak, or unlock the 2.0 beta except for Pwned. Just sit tight, stop making ridiculous statements and wait for Pwned.

Thanks

on tuaw.com they said that it is a april fools joke
    Keithsta

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    Guys, 1.2 was never going to be released by the Dev team. That accusation was totally inaccurate. As Chronic had said, this would create so many legal problems for them. Also, the reason the release was delayed is because of the colorful Apple logo's on the iPhone boot that we all had seen in the video and they wanted to include a Windows release for their loyal donators. Why do you really think the firmware was put onto Pirate Bay? We just wanted you guys to stop asking for the firmware. The 2.0 firmware is already floating around out there and there is nothing you can do with it until Pwned is released unless your a Dev. None of the tools released thus far have been able to activate, jailbreak, or unlock the 2.0 beta except for Pwned. Just sit tight, stop making ridiculous statements and wait for Pwned.
    Wow I didn't know, that 2.0b hit the Bay as soon as I get home I'll start downloading that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

All iphone-dev said about 1.2 was that the PWN TOOL can indeed work with it.

For legal reasons all the pwn tool is just gonna do all the work, aka decompile image, inject unlocks/jailbreaks/software recompile code and give us a finished file.

Now if at anytime these finished files distributed it would be ILLEGAL to distribute.

we/users still need to find and merge the files then write new compiled file by pwntool. Which i think any iphone owner who has unlocked/jailbroken has a copy or 2 of firmwares.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh god!! please close this thread...its ridiculous!! people out there are so serious...they dont even have a sense of humor. PATHETIC!!!

Thanks

It's over now. Deal with it.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    1.2 will not be released by the Dev Team. That is just stupid to think. Who said that? What gave you that idea? Do you know how many legal complications that would cause?

Because they can get jailed! They don't own it!

Plus, did you not get the memo about it being all over the pirate bay right now?
    Well No man I just found out, I've been coding like crazy, haven't had time to hit the torrent sites, or search the web as of today. Once I again I don't really care what the Dev team does, well as of yet I haven't used any of their programs other than iphuc, and I have taken a look at their code, and I have nothing but grate things to say about those guys.

Now to answer the how many legal comp that would bring do I really have to answer that, man the name of the game is SHARING! the Knowledge don't tease me with videos, on the Tube and all that BS if you don't want complications don't post the videos, becasue other Dev will want an example to really debug, and test their apps on the real thing, instead just print, the info of your finding about the hack, you have developed, or keep it to your self until you're ready to realeased to the public or to fellow Dev.

That is all.
    Last edited by Neo0019; 04-01-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's April 2nd and almost 2am in Russia.... time to announce the release of pwnage.... haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]