+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPSF updates to be fully compatible with 1.1.1!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Listen all you noobs. Seriously, read the damn threads, youve all asked the same 3 questions over and over again, just using different words. You wana know about about getting
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Listen all you noobs. Seriously, read the damn threads, youve all asked the same 3 questions over and over again, just using different words. You wana know about about getting 1.1.1 jailbroken? download the file and read the README, those are the instructions. As for the rest of you, either paythe $60 is ipsf or wait for a free one. think before you speak , read up before you ask the same question.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DONT UPDATE TO 1.1.1!!

I took my 1.1.1 iPhone back down to firmware 1.0.2 and managed to unlock and activate it with no problems.

I then updated the firmware back to 1.1.1 because iphonesimfree.com said that their update was compatible with it. ITS NOT.

Once I had restarted the iPhone it told me that the iPhone needed activating! Of course I cant activate it because no fake activation software is compatible with 1.1.1!

Great way of conning me out of $60 iphonesimfree!

Al.

Green Apple
    Thanks

pilot are you a moron? have you been living under a rock for the last 4 days? Dude there is a way to de-activate your 1.1.1 , read the thread and bango, your 1.1.1 phone works, there are certain steps you have to FOLLOW , read and ye shall seek answers.

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.0.2_Windows

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pilot25dmc View Post
    DONT UPDATE TO 1.1.1!!

I took my 1.1.1 iPhone back down to firmware 1.0.2 and managed to unlock and activate it with no problems.

I then updated the firmware back to 1.1.1 because iphonesimfree.com said that their update was compatible with it. ITS NOT.

Once I had restarted the iPhone it told me that the iPhone needed activating! Of course I cant activate it because no fake activation software is compatible with 1.1.1!

Great way of conning me out of $60 iphonesimfree!

Al.
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that.
    If anyone else has this issue they should come forward.

My worry is that the iPhonDev team won't be able to provide an unlock for those of us who have changed their baseband. Apple took their time and closed that loophole and who knows if the DevTeam will be able to find some other way of unlocking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, read this....

2. iPhoneSimFree Unlock works on ALL versions of iPhone (1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.1.1)
    7. iPhoneSimFree Unlock is restore and update resistant up to and including 1.1.1

iphonesimfree.com stated this on their site, so how come it says that it is update resistant to 1.1.1 if it isnt? I downgraded my phone to 1.0.2 just like the site says, I then got it all working and sim-unlocked. Then I updated to 1.1.1. because their site says YOU CAN DO THIS. I now have the "activate iPhone" screen. I will just bring the phone back to 1.0.2 and then re-install the sim-free app and all will be well again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

PILOT YOUR ARE NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes your phone is unlocked, there is a difference between unlock-and activated. Just run that link i showed you wich will ACTIVATE YOUR PHONE, aka Jailbreak, then you should be fine to go.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

were the bricks caused by faulty programing by the IPDT or Apple targeting the IPDT's unlock?
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

Apple targeting the IPDT's unlock

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

nice nice nice
     Think Different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Apple targeting the IPDT's unlock
    Thank you. I believe you but there are people out there arguing that it wasn't Apples fault. Is there evidence that supports the Dev Team's position?
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Thanks

Ill give it a week, if not then ill consider this....

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    Thank you. I believe you but there are people out there arguing that it wasn't Apples fault. Is there evidence that supports the Dev Team's position?
    The devs team unlock works via the baseband. Apple wrote a new baseband that targets the dev teams unlock method and leaves unlocked phones crippled.

If the update just overwrote the baseband then there is no reason the phone would be crippled, it would just be locked again.

Thanks

If you have a bricked iphone (anysim) you run the iphone sim free on the 1.0.2 version? And can it be used with att?

Also If you use ipsf on your 1.0.2 can you upgrade to 1.1.1 and the phone will work(all gsm features)
    8gb 1.1.1. Iphone Hacked and unlocked with At&t?:confused

Thanks

So let me ask this question: for users running iPSF software to unlock 1.0.2, do you just upgrade to 1.1.1?? I do not understand this at all.

Thanks

I know im gonna wait a week, if nothing comes up with the Dev Team, i might as well purchase it, i am sick of having a phone that does everything but make calls.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    The devs team unlock works via the baseband. Apple wrote a new baseband that targets the dev teams unlock method and leaves unlocked phones crippled.

If the update just overwrote the baseband then there is no reason the phone would be crippled, it would just be locked again.
    So because IPSF software isn't open Apple hasn't been able to block it? Wouldn't it then be prudent for the Dev team to discover a method of delivering programming such as jailbreak and unlock in a closed fashion?

It sucks that the Dev Team's hard work is being used by Apple to block what they are doing and iPhoneSimFree company for profit.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    I know im gonna wait a week, if nothing comes up with the Dev Team, i might as well purchase it, i am sick of having a phone that does everything but make calls.
    (assuming your saying this because your phone is running firmware version 1.1.1) Why don't you just downgrade back to 1.0.2 and get the free GUI app to unlock it so you can call and text and stuff? thats what i did. and then wait till the dev team releases a free version of the updated IPSF unlock app. or upgrade and pay 60 bucks. Hey its your cash, im just cheap
    i LOVE apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've seen the same question asked a few different ways, but no definitive answer to it.

If you have a 1.02 phone unlocked and activated using anySIM or iUnlock (following the instructions on this site for the 1.02 hack), can you just install the new IPSF and then upgrade and jailbreak etc., or, do you have to update to 1.1.1, bricking the phone and then downgrade, before installing IPSF and jailbreaking etc.

It would save a lot of work and if a working, unlocked and activated 1.02 phone could just run IPSF, update to 1.1.1, and then jailbreak and activate again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    (assuming your saying this because your phone is running firmware version 1.1.1) Why don't you just downgrade back to 1.0.2 and get the free GUI app to unlock it so you can call and text and stuff? thats what i did. and then wait till the dev team releases a free version of the updated IPSF unlock app. or upgrade and pay 60 bucks. Hey its your cash, im just cheap
    Wait i can make my downgraded phone make calls? Do tell, i thought i had to buy a TurboSIM. Can you get a link to this GUI? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been visiting this website from some time now and this is my first post so here goes...i bought an iphone through ebay which i am able to use through tmobile. everything works great. now what does this acutally mean. am i able to upgrade to 1.1.1 safely without ruining what i have already? am i able to upgrade and get the new stuff out there? is it even worth it? i'm not very computer literate so i'm reading all this and trying to understand everything but unfortuneately, i don't. please be easy on me.