Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

terminal

Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    terminal
    is there a guide because i have no clue
    MyPhone is better than yours

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyBeagle View Post
    is there a guide because i have no clue
    read through this topic and you will see where "theyoshi" explained how to use scp in terminal several times

umm i've read thru and am not seeing this problem , when i go into itunes it never gives me the option just to download the firmware instead of just starting the install process, any ideas ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rottdog View Post
    umm i've read thru and am not seeing this problem , when i go into itunes it never gives me the option just to download the firmware instead of just starting the install process, any ideas ?
    you have already downloaded it... skip that step

well i had updated to 1.1.1 then downgraded to 1.0.2 now when i check my modem firmware is still 04.01.13_G this is incorrect isn't it ?

cause now when i run the first 2 commands on wincp it doesn't create the directories like it should

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rottdog View Post
    well i had updated to 1.1.1 then downgraded to 1.0.2 now when i check my modem firmware is still 04.01.13_G this is incorrect isn't it ?

cause now when i run the first 2 commands on wincp it doesn't create the directories like it should
    no. That's correct. When you downgrade the software the baseband firmware doesn't downgrade. If the directories can't be created, you aren't jailbroken

i think i may be typing this stuff out before i even look wow i feel like a typical luser tonight lol , i found those directories under /var/private

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    You do it basicly the same way, except you substitute Cyberduck for WinSCP and Terminal for the WinSCP termnal

The commands/concepts are the same

There is a guide though. HERE

No you didnt screw anything up

The Summerboard app found in Installer is not compatible with 1.1.1. Look here for a thread Summerboard 1.1.1 Alpha (Its late and I'm lazy or I'd link it) for instructions to install the new version that will work with 1.1.1
    Rather than trying to struggle your way through using a guide written for windows on your mac just use this one, it will tell you exactly how to do it on your mac:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble jailbreaking my 1.0.2 phone, I'm at the point in WinSCP where i put in the commands:

mv /var/root/Media /var/root/Media.old

ln -s / /var/root/Media

After i put both of those in, do i click on 'Execute'? Because after I do, I get this error message saying 'Command ln -s / /var/root/Media' failed with return code. Or should i click Execute after the first command? In the steps, it never actually says to do anything else with those commands... I don't want to do the next step in upgrading the firmware, without knowing if it's right so far.

When i do the 'ls' command neither of the Media or Media.old directories show up. I'm on windows.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My iPhone now shows that it only has 300mb capacity and all my songs + videos are gone
    Last edited by Silencer_0; 10-18-2007 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer_0 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having some trouble jailbreaking my 1.0.2 phone, I'm at the point in WinSCP where i put in the commands:

mv /var/root/Media /var/root/Media.old

ln -s / /var/root/Media

After i put both of those in, do i click on 'Execute'? Because after I do, I get this error message saying 'Command ln -s / /var/root/Media' failed with return code. Or should i click Execute after the first command? In the steps, it never actually says to do anything else with those commands... I don't want to do the next step in upgrading the firmware, without knowing if it's right so far.

When i do the 'ls' command neither of the Media or Media.old directories show up. I'm on windows.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My iPhone now shows that it only has 300mb capacity and all my songs + videos are gone
    read the wiki... it tells you step by step what to do and how to fix your problem

read the wiki... it tells you step by step what to do and how to fix your problem
    I am following the wiki, like i said before, i get stuck at the part where you put in the mv /var/root/Media /var/root/Media.old and ln -s / /var/root/Media commands, i get this error:

Last edited by Silencer_0; 10-19-2007 at 12:39 AM.

Thanks

I am following the wiki, like i said before, i get stuck at the part where you put in the mv /var/root/Media /var/root/Media.old and ln -s / /var/root/Media commands, i get that error.
    Enter the mv line - press execute
    enter the next line - press execute

if you get command not found then you didn't put the ssh files in the correct directory

Enter the mv line - press execute
    enter the next line - press execute

if you get command not found then you didn't put the ssh files in the correct directory
    What do you mean? I've only done what it said to on the wiki, so far.

Thanks

What do you mean? I've only done what it said to on the wiki, so far.
    sorry, i read someone else's post. idk man, try starting over

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Silencer, I'm having the same exact issue. When you first logged in, did you get a "user groups" error?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
    Silencer, I'm having the same exact issue. When you first logged in, did you get a "user groups" error?
    the user groups error is normal... continue on

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The BSD More package will fix the groups error... Its in the downloads section and linked from the guide.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031