+ Reply
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by poetic_folly No, the IPSF method uses the NVRAM, and does not modify the baseband. You can use this method if you unlocked using the IPSF method. Hey.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    No, the IPSF method uses the NVRAM, and does not modify the baseband.

You can use this method if you unlocked using the IPSF method.
    Hey. I have a 1.02 phone which was never upgraded to 1.1.1 and was unlocked using IPSF. If I run this program, will I have an unlocked, activated and fully working iPhone with firmware 1.1.1 on it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

using this method, can i activate the iphone without itunes activation, then run a at&t sim in it? like for a prepaid plan or if i do not wish to extend my contract and add 20 bucks more a month to my plan....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    anybody care to answer my question? Post #17

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnie53 View Post
    Hey. I have a 1.02 phone which was never upgraded to 1.1.1 and was unlocked using IPSF. If I run this program, will I have an unlocked, activated and fully working iPhone with firmware 1.1.1 on it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by HKiller9123 View Post
    using this method, can i activate the iphone without itunes activation, then run a at&t sim in it? like for a prepaid plan or if i do not wish to extend my contract and add 20 bucks more a month to my plan....
    I have not tested, but I am assuming yes, only with a valid AT&T account and SIM. I would add unlimited data, though, so you don't see any through-the-roof data charges.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

i wish they had this in a program that would step you through it.... maybe another week!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes.

I have not tested, but I am assuming yes, only with a valid AT&T account and SIM. I would add unlimited data, though, so you don't see any through-the-roof data charges.
    Will it be fully working with another provider if unlocked with IPSF? (I'm with Fido in Canada, NOT AT&T)

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey question, if i have a 1.1.1 unactivated iphone (straight from apple) could i downgrade it then put ipsf on it then use this jailbreak method and have an unlocked iphone jailbreaked running 1.1.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mtwiford's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColPhorbin View Post
    So I'm an att customer... Now I can finally upgrade to 1.1.1 and run this, then put all my apps back on right?
    yes but not all of them are functional with 1.1.1

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

ColPhorbin (10-10-2007)

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

hey pf I did say I love u..LOL..
    mod edit, old signature removed

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

No, the IPSF method uses the NVRAM, and does not modify the baseband.

You can use this method if you unlocked using the IPSF method.
    That's freakin great news! I suppose that means that this will be the preferred method for the 1.1.1 unlock...if the underlying hack is still sound...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

iPhone? More like MyPhone mtwiford's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill69 View Post
    i wish they had this in a program that would step you through it.... maybe another week!
    its not that hard, just take your time and read through the entire process before you do it

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok, my phone is on 1.0.2.
    it was unlocked using Anysim, I then followed the bbupdater/.eep process and Re-locked it, giving me a virgin iphone.
    I then unlocked it using IPSF.

Am I safe to use this method?
    is there a way of checking the baseband to make sure it was repaired during the re-locking ?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawnie53 View Post
    Will it be fully working with another provider if unlocked with IPSF? (I'm with Fido in Canada, NOT AT&T)
    I am not sure, but I do not think so, since the upgrade to 1.1.1 breaks the unlock, although not the phone, when done on an IPSF'd phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HKiller9123 View Post
    hey question, if i have a 1.1.1 unactivated iphone (straight from apple) could i downgrade it then put ipsf on it then use this jailbreak method and have an unlocked iphone jailbreaked running 1.1.1?
    No, upgrading an IPSF'd 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 breaks the unlock, and you wind up with a LOCKED but working 1.1.1 iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    hey pf I did say I love u..LOL..
    Mm hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
    That's freakin great news! I suppose that means that this will be the preferred method for the 1.1.1 unlock...if the underlying hack is still sound...
    Read above.

Quote Originally Posted by arcsbite View Post
    ok, my phone is on 1.0.2.
    it was unlocked using Anysim, I then followed the bbupdater/.eep process and Re-locked it, giving me a virgin iphone.
    I then unlocked it using IPSF.

Am I safe to use this method?
    is there a way of checking the baseband to make sure it was repaired during the re-locking ?
    If you used AnySIM, your baseband HAS BEEN UPDATED, and you cannot use this method to jailbreak. Wait.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 10-10-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

folly your words of wisdom inspire me and comfort me in a good way im still stuck because i unlocked before but ill be patient

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you used AnySIM, your baseband HAS BEEN UPDATED, and you cannot use this method to jailbreak. Wait.
    but as I said, I followed the guide here to re-virginise the phone and undo the baseband modifications, is it still not safe?

also in reply to someone above you just said "upgrading an IPSF'd 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 breaks the unlock"
    the IPSF website says it's unlocked after upgrade to 1.1.1 just needs re-activating.

or am I wrong? sorry, and many thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

but as I said, I followed the guide here to re-virginise the phone and undo the baseband modifications, is it still not safe?
    No guides which promise baseband "virginizing" actually work. Your baseband retains the modded code with all these methods so far.

also in reply to someone above you just said "upgrading an IPSF'd 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 breaks the unlock"
    the IPSF website says it's unlocked after upgrade to 1.1.1 just needs re-activating.

or am I wrong? sorry, and many thanks
    I'd like verification from someone who has actually done this on this one. From all the reports and posts I've read, IPSF'd 1.0.2 or before phones are fully LOCKED after updating to 1.1.1, and you can ONLY use the iPhone with AT&T then, until a new unlock method comes out. Yes, you WILL have to reactivate the phone, but using your AT&T account only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, folks. I'm 99% sure that's the situation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think we need someone to try to use this method on an IPSF unlocked phone to see if it will work with another provider. Keep in mind that in the worst case, you can simply downgrade back to 1.02 and the phone will still be working as before...

Thanks

I need readline5.dll anyone know where to find it??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I am fairly sure also that you would have to rerun the IPSF software after downgrading back to 1.0.2, and you will then have the new baseband that came with the 1.1.1 upgrade. So keep that in mind as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No guides which promise baseband "virginizing" actually work. Your baseband retains the modded code with all these methods so far.

I'd like verification from someone who has actually done this on this one. From all the reports and posts I've read, IPSF'd 1.0.2 or before phones are fully LOCKED after updating to 1.1.1, and you can ONLY use the iPhone with AT&T then, until a new unlock method comes out. Yes, you WILL have to reactivate the phone, but using your AT&T account only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, folks. I'm 99% sure that's the situation.
    Quoting from Iphonesimfree.com:
    September 28th, 2007:
    Q & A For iPhoneSimFree Users and 1.1.1 iPhone Update

Seems there is a bit of confusion about our last post. Here are some of the most common questions, with some corresponding answers.

Q. Why do you say it is unlocked if you can't activate a non AT&T sim?
    A. There is a difference between unlocking and activation. Unlocking is related to GSM standards and allowing a sim to be used on different carriers, and activation is something made up by apple to further restrict their users. After upgrading to 1.1.1 the radio of the phone is still unlocked, meaning it can still connect to other carriers, but apple requires the phone be activated to do so.

Q. How do you know it is unlocked if you can't activate?
    A. There are several ways to know this. Firstly, the phone does not report "Incorrect SIM". Secondly the IMEI is correct. Thirdly if you bring up the field test, you can see the provider is not AT&T. And finally (and coolest of all), there are ways to actually call out and receive calls from the emergency call screen. If you can get the baseband to crash (we do it by calling some emergency numbers with no sim in place) and then insert the non AT&T sim, it can pick up a signal and calls (non-emergency) can be placed and received from the emergency call screen on the non AT&T carrier.

Q. Why does all this matter, if I can't yet use a non AT&T sim?
    A. A few reasons. Firstly the phone can still be used by AT&T users after upgrade. Secondly, if apple has patched the methods used to perform the unlock, as long as an activation method is discovered, the phone will work perfectly on other carriers. With other unlocking solutions, if you were to upgrade the phone it would currently be a brick, and if apple has patched the methods to perform the unlock, it would also stay a brick forever..