Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage available tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    The main difference is that everything is done prior to the FW even being on your device.

Consider it a Monster Pack builder. You can assemble the firmware to have whatever you need, eg software, tweaks, unlock, etc.

While the end result is similar to doing it on a already flashed phone, it makes the process more safe and secure.
    Down the road, it will also allow for many more things to be included...base level options that we currently have no access to (for example BT profiles)

It's much easier to inject code into the FW file itself then to execute it on the device post flash.

For more info, google Monster Packs.
    It should give you an idea of what might be possible.
    Unfortunately the IPSW Builder is not yet capable of doing this, doing that is much more involved. On the brigher side, a solution is being worked on:
    http://chronic-dev.org/pwnage:ipswtool:comingsoon

And more details here:
    http://chronic-dev.org/pwnage:ipswtool

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hankmii View Post
    Still wonder......... looks like April 1st..... April fools day to me ? ? ?
    I hope this is the case and they'll release it april 1st or something, but i kinda doubt it
    iLive an iLife

I bet you need the FAKEBLANK for the bootneutur, fuk I should have waited instead of ZIphoneing my new iphone.!!!!!!!!!

Question Already Jailbroken Phone
    If I have an phone that is already jailbroken, can I still use pwnage to re-jailbreak it so that i can update it?

Quote Originally Posted by tha_bandit View Post
    I bet you need the FAKEBLANK for the bootneutur, fuk I should have waited instead of ZIphoneing my new iphone.!!!!!!!!!
    i dont think this is a problem, you can refurbish/revirginize the phone back to apple firmware. i've done it like 5 times already.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How Did U Revirginize? I Did It Once For 1.1.1 But Dont Think Its The Same Anymore...i'm On 1.1.4 Jailbroke And Activated With Ziphone... : ( I Shoulve Of Waited!!

Well at least they are delaying it so that it will be in Windows and maybe even for the iTouch one its release day...

Way to go DevTeam! At least they'll include Windoze version, better late than never.

Cant Wait
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Somewhere this week!

Quote Originally Posted by nvydis View Post
    i dont think this is a problem, you can refurbish/revirginize the phone back to apple firmware. i've done it like 5 times already.
    yea this is a problem, cuz ZIPHONE is a downgrade to 3.9 bootloader (PERMANENT) and you prob need the 3.9fakeblank to take advantage of switching bootloaders!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So i noticed that at the end of the video, he restored to 1.2b firmware. My questions is, where does someone get that? Is it included in the SDK or what? I kind of feel like trying out the firmware...

p.s. - if i obtained the firmware and didnt like it would i be able to restore it to the previous firmware(1.1.4)?

Great job dev team, always staying one step ahead, and now it might be for good. Can't wait for the windows version.

So i noticed that at the end of the video, he restored to 1.2b firmware. My questions is, where does someone get that? Is it included in the SDK or what? I kind of feel like trying out the firmware...

p.s. - if i obtained the firmware and didnt like it would i be able to restore it to the previous firmware(1.1.4)?
    Yes I believe you get a beta of 1.2 when you sign up for the SDK and as long as you have the .ispw file for 1.1.4 on your computer then yes you should be able to downgrade to it.
    Last edited by elr0y7; 03-31-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: to address previous comment
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Default What is Pwanage?
    Can somone please explain what Pwanage is, I haven't visited the site in quite some time? And how will this benefit my Ziphone 1.1.4 jailbreak?

Doesn't matter how long the wait is for this! I mean it's not like we haven't been waiting for an app like this since the iPhone's release anyways. Looks like the bootloader's option may fix ZiPhone downgrade problem but I'm still wondering about the non-OTB issue as well as putting off the upgrade from 1.1.3-> 1.1.4 till this bad boy comes out. Also, what about older non-OTB versions like pre 1.1.3? Surely the beauty of PWNAGE will help these firmware packs to be brought up to speed. Any insight?

did anyone else see this?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mdwsta4 For This Useful Post:

supermotodan (04-03-2008)

Windows!!? AHHHHHHHH. LOL jk most ppl do hav them but I have both..... ilikemymacbetter there I said it......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    nm

Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish View Post
    Two things about this video rocked...

1. Pwnage is absolutely awesome!

2. Axe Murderer Wanderlei Silva's entry music. He knows pwnage of his own.

WTG Guys can't wait for the windoze version.
    Anyone happen to know what this music is called or who made it??

Been looking for it for a long time, but haven't found anything on it yet.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kavok; 04-01-2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sandstorm by like darude or something like that...

So when is it going to be available? I hope that it was only an April Fool's joke.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast