+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 jailbreak achieved

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sgammella i used anysim but it got messed up but i guessed it still patched it. I have att and i can downgrade to 1.0.2 but i
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgammella View Post
    i used anysim but it got messed up but i guessed it still patched it. I have att and i can downgrade to 1.0.2 but i cant use my gsm features. If i update to 1.1.1 can i skip the activation like idid with 1.1.1. and get my gsm features back?
    You can downgrade back to 1.0.2 and use your phone still as long as you haven't done 1.1.1. I just fixed a friend's on the weekend following these instructions:

http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-...-virgin-state/

He had unlocked his phone with AnySIM but screwed it up - it was unlocked but got "No Service" and couldn't make/receive calls. Those instructions put it back to out-of-the-box so I could do the unlock method found here in the wiki, and he's now got it unlocked and is using it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PLEASE Folks....

Jailbreak referes to having read and write access to the APPLICATION PROCESSOR filesystem.

Unlocking/unbricking requires modification of the GSM Radio's firmware code. That is called the BASEBAND PROCESSOR (bb), and is entirely seperate.

Of course, being able to run applications on a 1.1.1 phone will clearly be of assistance to to those working on unlocks/unbricking, but except as a tool, the 2 are UNRELATED.

If I hack into a given PC, it does NOT mean that I have access to the PC sitting on the table next to it, but I may be able to use the hacked PC to launch attacks on the second one.

That is the way your iPhone works. It is 2 seperate processors with seperate operating systems, and seperate memory chips. Nearly all current mobile phones, except pretty basic ones, work this way.
    Mobile Linux? Got That.
    Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2x, Motorola A780
    Visit Linuxslate.com New Forums just starting

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so has it been done or not what is going on this is the most confusing thread here everyone keeps asking questions that are all ready answered its really anoying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Thanks

Default New Developments
    Don't know if these updates have been posted but...

Springboard for 1.1.1
    http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/09/1-1-1...ingboard-hack/

iPhone BSD package has been updated as well as sSH
    http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/09/iphon...ckage-updated/

Thanks

Default Would it work with an ATT SIM
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton voss View Post
    You can downgrade back to 1.0.2 and use your phone still as long as you haven't done 1.1.1. I just fixed a friend's on the weekend following these instructions:

http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-...-virgin-state/

He had unlocked his phone with AnySIM but screwed it up - it was unlocked but got "No Service" and couldn't make/receive calls. Those instructions put it back to out-of-the-box so I could do the unlock method found here in the wiki, and he's now got it unlocked and is using it!

Hey! dude

Do you think it would work with my i have and att sim but when i insert the SIM i get a error!! thnx in advance
    (/)EMESIS

Thanks

Side Scrolling, freakin sweat. Look at the dots, I wonder if you can separate the apps to different pages?

Thanks

i had my iPhone reactivated (everything on) in two days "after" i updated to 1.1.1. and bricked it.
    wifi, youtube, google etc. all working... it just wouldnt make phone calls...because it wouldnt recognize any sims at all, including active AT&T sims

That i owe to Hackintosh folks, but im sure it could have been been by others as well.........thanks to whom ever figured the downgrade.........works great...and EZ with iBrickr....thanks Nate

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ridge's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak 1.1.1 step by step
    Here is the guide boys....

http://www.iphonealley.com/news/ipho...allation-guide

its in its early stages so be very very careful...

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

just a few more days left
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345