Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3G at launch?

  1. #1
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Default 3G at launch?
    So we all know that a 3G iPhone is on its way, but it may well be at launch.

    Our source at Apple has confirmed that "all the repeaters installed at Apple stores are 3G capable." Could it be just smart on their part preparing for the future releases of the 3G one... or could be that they are ready to release a 3G device on the 29th?!?
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  2. #2
    The WCDMA might be in the hardware, but shipping with only EDGE Enabled, then later once the development team is finished working out 3G bugs, they could release a f/w update

  3. #3
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,904
    Thanks
    340
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    The WCDMA might be in the hardware, but shipping with only EDGE Enabled, then later once the development team is finished working out 3G bugs, they could release a f/w update

    that would be nice . . . so just apple stores and not att stores hmmmmm.

  4. #4
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Of course, only 1% of AT&T's customers have access to 3G. So why put it in there anyway?
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  5. #5
    Exactly why i'm guessing the 1st gen doesn't have wcdma, it would be pointless to the majority of their customers.

  6. #6
    This would have to be released by the FCC already for it to be true, correct?

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,904
    Thanks
    340
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by refulgentis View Post
    This would have to be released by the FCC already for it to be true, correct?
    good point

  9. #9
    iPhoneaholic ColsTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    So we all know that a 3G iPhone is on its way, but it may well be at launch.

    Our source at Apple has confirmed that "all the repeaters installed at Apple stores are 3G capable." Could it be just smart on their part preparing for the future releases of the 3G one... or could be that they are ready to release a 3G device on the 29th?!?
    Wouldn't that completely contradict the article Jedix posted yesterday?

    iPhone is King

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ColsTiger View Post
    Wouldn't that completely contradict the article Jedix posted yesterday?

    iPhone is King
    Yes it would, but hey, it would be nice

  11. #11
    iPhoneaholic ColsTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Yes it would, but hey, it would be nice
    that's true, it would be nice.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •