+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I used this to upgrade to 1.1.4 over the weekend. In itunes, i selected the option to 'download only' firmware 1.1.4. Held option and clicked on restore... chose the 1.1.4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used this to upgrade to 1.1.4 over the weekend.

In itunes, i selected the option to 'download only' firmware 1.1.4.

Held option and clicked on restore... chose the 1.1.4 .ipsw file

itunes did its thing, then i got the unsupported SIM card screen.

Opening iLibertyx, it closed itunes

Checked jailbreak, activate and unlock

5 mins later, i'm all sorted on 1.1.4

Easy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for giving an estimated time limit... for the process.... i thought that after a while my mac hanged... it seemed like it crashed in phase 2

still having problems... doesn't seem like it wants to move beyond phase 2

what could be the problem...

using 1.1.4 originally bought as 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.2 then accidentally to 1.1.4

previous versions have been unlocked...
    Last edited by axlr8_ppv; 04-01-2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How long did it hang for?

Stage 2 did take a bit longer...i was watching TV at the time so didnt notice...is it more than 15 minutes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default EDGE/WiFi/Bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    From this it looks like you may want to use iLibertyX only on FW 1.1.4

However, the iphoneproject website says "Whether it be using older jailbreaking methods for phones pre-1.1.4, or setting your new phones free for the first time, you can do it all simply by checking a box." This suggests one can use iLibertyX on all sorts of iPhones.

The information is a bit in conflict here. What's the answer?

I have a JB 1.1.3 with Nate's softupgrade from 1.1.1. I'd rather use iLibertyX without restoring to 1.1.4. Can I? Which FW do I end up with if I don't restore, 1.1.3 or 1.1.4?

Also, what's the point of the reflash EDGE/WiFi/Bluetooth payload? After Nate's JB, my WiFi is fine, but my EDGE is a bit buggy (I think it works, I see EDGE's IP address but the icon does not show and I can't use YouTube on EDGE, only on WiFi.) Would it be helpful in my case to use this payload (I am an ATT customer, so I only jailbreak)?

Thanks a lot.
    I am also have ATT 1.1.4 and I just used LibertyX, I selected the reflash EDGE/WiFi/Bluetooth, I am having trouble connecting with my wireless network.
    Is there a way to restore the old WiFi?
    Thank you
    Mario

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can seem to find a straight answer on the below;

Do you, or dont you, need to install the international payload for phone being used in unsupported countries with iLibertyX?

I thought this was only needed for iplus?

If you do need it, where do u get it from?

Thanks

does this work with 2.0 beta???
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you!

Had 1.1.1 installed. I restored & upgraded to 1.1.4 and ran iLibertyX!

It has become so much easier! Took about 1/2 an hour for the whole process (downloading firmware and iLibertyX)

Thanks once again and keep up the awesome work.

Chris.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everybody!!

Last sunday I used ilibertyx to unlock a 1.1.4 OTB 16GB iphone, evertyhing worked out perfect, except for youtube. When i try to play a video I get a message sayin´ that youtube requires an EDGE or WIFI connection. EDGE actually works fine, since I can use safari, maps etc. I have not try WIFI so far. The problem comes when I try to install the youtube activation fix for 1.1.4, I always get the message "main script execution failed". It´s strange cause it lets me install all the other applications. After unlocking and jailibreaking I installed manually OpenSSH and BSD Subsystem, BSD Subsystem and iSim.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

"download failed" when downloading payloads

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, i need some help over here. I successfully(it says 'Enjoy' and success) jailbreak/unlock my iphone with iLibertyX but the phone cannot search for any network! That's 'no service' after i put in my sim card. Also got wifi problem. This is the 1st time i unlock my phone with 1.1.4. Please help T_T

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im about to use this to attempt to get my wifi, bluetooth, and battery life back in my iphone. I am going to attach the custom payload which has all the necessary files for swifi and vterm100. I just want to know if there is any certain way I should go about installing this stuff. Should I first just do a Jailbreak and then go back and do a unlock (i use tmobile) and install the payload at that point. I have already took the liberty of returning my phone to standard 1.1.4 via iphone software restore. I really want to fix this issue i've been having once and for all. Any advise please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if my iphone 1.1.1 8G is jailbreaked and i want to upgrade to 1.1.4 how can i do this
    if so step by step plzzzzzzzzz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi , i' ve installed ilibertyx, an clicked on jailbreak activate and unlock...it's been more than one hour now, and the process is not complete yet ( 50% roughly looking at the blue bar). am i freaking out too quickly ?

cheers and thanks

philippe

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345