+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
does this work on Tiger? or is it leopard only. I keep getting an unsupported message when i try to open the dmg.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does this work on Tiger? or is it leopard only. I keep getting an unsupported message when i try to open the dmg.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mail
    Does it fix the mail problem that many people experience after using ziphone? Since unlocking my phone with ziphone i get a message about imap.yahoo.account not responding. If I use libertyx will I experience the same???

J

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have sort of a silly inquiry...

I have a 1.1.3 OTB Jailbroken/Unlocked/Activated with Ziphone (when it was on 1.1.3).

I recently installed BBInfo to check what bootloader I am using and it is telling me that I am using 4.6 BL. Now, my understanding was that Ziphone permanently downgraded to 3.9. Why would it be showing that I am using 4.6 BL. I am just curious because I would like to upgrade to 1.1.4 and use LibertyX to Free the phone and install the 3.9 FB.

Some help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ok... no questions, (I've already read everything including the guide) I just thought someone might get some use out of my experience. I have an 8gb iPhone running 1.1.4 unlocked on t-mobile with the t-zones hack. everything was working perfectly until today. my email started saying it couldn't connect with yahoo unless I had full signal. Edge has had some issues connecting today. I saw this bright and shiny new program and thought what timing. so here is more info about my phone. started out as a 1.1.1 OTB updated along the way. I got to 1.1.4 using ZiPhone. I still have the 3.9bl. I'll be posting my results as an edit.

EDIT:
    #1. restored to 1.1.4 with iTunes, did NOT back up my phone (had some issues with that and ZiPhoone just thought I would steer clear to start with) got an error message after first attempt. tried again and went through just fine.
    #2. Got the "need at&t sim card" I just ignored this for now.
    #3.opened iLibertyX (iTunes quit on it own) chose to do all three jailbreak, unlock, and activate. under the payloads i chose the wifi/edge/bluetooth, and the install BBinfo. all went through with no problem. I did find that the iLibertyX will quit on its own right after opening if iTunes is not open with your phone in the sidebar.
    #4. Set up the phone as a new phone. everything sync'd just fine.

phone info: modem FW 04.04.05_G BL 3.9_M3S2 version 1.1.4
    Voicemail works, will have to post later when I get wifi access to re-install the t-zones hack about youtube, mail, safari, maps, and anything that needs an edge or wifi conection. the phone is working just fine. text is good. I'll post later about other programs. overall very nice program. very easy to use. Hats off to all involved in the making of this program.

EDIT: after getting the t-zones hack installed all my programs worked just fine on wifi and edge. the only one that didn't is you tube (I believe that is because of the t-zones hack). even summerboard works just fine without installing any tweaks or fixes. this is a great program.
    Last edited by cory; 03-29-2008 at 10:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked beautifully! (haven't checked mail etc, but wifi works fine etc). None of the 'payloads' could be downloaded, but no big deal since installer is there and ready to go. Thanks for your advice.

Cheers!

dg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iLiberty+
    using 8GB 1.1.4 worked a treat simple as can be thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I'm probably one of a few that is still running 1.0.2.
    I was wondering for a long time to upgrade, but since I bought my iPhone unlocked and I don't know in which way was unlocked (I tried to know with sendmodem, but I always got an error message), I'm still stuck on 1.0.2
    In the past days I read tons of guides/tutorials/posts trying to understand: how to Virginize, which the best unlocking and so on, till yesterday when I found out this wonderful software and now, after reading a lot about it, I would like to upgrade to 1.1.4
    My question is, may I do it simply following the guide and not checking the box "unlock with 3.9FB" bcs I have a 03.14.08_G ?
    Perhaps is a stupid question, but I want to be sure do not brick my iPhone.

Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    My question is, may I do it simply following the guide and not checking the box "unlock with 3.9FB" bcs I have a 03.14.08_G ?
    Perhaps is a stupid question, but I want to be sure do not brick my iPhone.
    Download the 1.1.4 firmware, do an "option Restore" (since you are posting in this thread I assume you are on a Mac), select the 1.1.4 firmware you have just downloaded and run iLibertyX. You won't brick your phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

henry (03-29-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    Download the 1.1.4 firmware, do an "option Restore" (since you are posting in this thread I assume you are on a Mac), select the 1.1.4 firmware you have just downloaded and run iLibertyX. You won't brick your phone.
    This is what I was thinking to do, but I still have doubt about the necessity to Virginize first, bcs I read many times/posts here and in other forum, that is requested for 1.0.2.
    Are you sure I can proceed without Virginize first?
    Thanks in any case, I appreciate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I am new to this newsgroup and new to iPhone, I used ziphone and had had problems using springboard and some audio annoyances, then I restore my phone and used independence and my phone died. I try the hard restore and researched all probable solutions to bring it to live, I failed, I took it to the apple store and the could not fix it either, they gave a new one. I have version 1.1.4
    I would like to stay in 1.1.4 and would like to have the installer and summerboard. I would like to be able to restore my phone to the original settings without going to much trouble.

What would be a better choice for me?
    Jailbreak, Independence or liberty?
    Is it any better to use a MAC than Windows, what are the main differences.
    You guys seem to know all the minor deatil.
    I thank you for your advice
    Mario

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finally I did it, but not without problems.

1. I virginized with "The Virginizer" and all went well
    2. I connected the iPhone in DFU mode, to my MacBook Pro and tried to make a restore to 1.1.4 but iTunes (7.6) froze in "preparing iPhone to restore", then after 15 min. wait, I forced the exit to Itunes and I tried again, but with same result.
    3. I connected the iPhone to my old MacBook with OSX 10.5.2 but iTunes 7.4 and the restore went well.
    4. I connected the iPhone to my MacBook Pro, opened iTunes (7.6), opened iLiberty (iTunes quit autom.) and start the procedure, but it froze at the first step of restore, then I had to force the exit.
    5. I connected the iPhone again to the MacBook, made a new restore, opened iLiberty and all went well!

I made the above recap just to let understand to the the guys who knows more than me where the problems come from.

Thanks for the wonderful app and all the work you done!
    Last edited by henry; 03-30-2008 at 09:09 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up 16GB unlocked with ZiPhone
    Hello,
    I have unlocked my 16GB with ZiPhone. Would it work better if I upgrade the bootloader through iLiberty ?? and if yes then what would the advantage be to upgrade the bootloader to 4.6 ??
    Do I need to run any other process before upgrading the bootloader ??
    Please advise. Thanks.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

you can not upgrade your bootloader. It was downgraded by ziphone and you are now stuck like that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

mdborn39 (03-30-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello... I used this program and now my Mail application crashes on loading...

Anyone had problems with this? And if so how did you fix it?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for this i am new to this stuff i was looking for that new pwnage tool dose anyone know when that is coming out should i wait to jailbreak when it is released or what?????
    I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND COLD AND CRUEL BUT I AM..............
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=448331&dateline=12073  41638

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdborn39 View Post
    Thanks for this i am new to this stuff i was looking for that new pwnage tool dose anyone know when that is coming out should i wait to jailbreak when it is released or what?????
    There has been a fantastic piece of hardware developed for finding things like this out, it's been about for a while and has been named amongst other things "eye's" combined with a new technique called "reading" you can find out a lot of stuff !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default new iphone
    If I use iLiberty on my brand new iphone (arrives tomorrow from Apple), do i need to have a sim installed for the whole procedure to work? Also, do you recommend using "Unlock with 3.9FB" ?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this free up space for apps? Cuz i just used this and then downloaded BossTool and when i clicked move apps i got the spinning wheel of death
    iLive an iLife

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked on my 1.1.4 OTB that I purchased this morning! No problems to report. Checked all boxes including the fake 3.9 and it was good to go. Using T-Mobile with edge and wifi all good!