Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X

So a long time ago, when I first bought my 1.0.2 iphone, I went through the long and tedious task of jailbraiking/unlocking using independence and I think Anysim. It seems like we've come a really long way since then. What took me half a day takes minutes now. Okay so enough emotional crap.. here is my issue:
    I have been continuously upgrading my phone, and somewhere way back (aside from issues with YouTube, etc, which all resolved) I had a problem with my Ringer. My phone rings if my headphones are in. It rings when I set an alarm. BUT IT WILL NOT RING UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS. It's not my ringer settings, because I've changed them every which way and I can't get anything. I'm assuming it's a software error somewhere (I've had to do so much to my phone to keep it going through all these changes- For example, installing Terminal and trying to delete my Media file.. not working so ultimately found Finder and got the damn file name changed so my 300MB phone would become 8GB again.)

So now I'm at 1.1.3, and ready to upgrade again. But before I do, I need to ask this question because everytime I upgrade, I get all excited thinking my phone will ring, but it never does.

Is there ANY way to completely downgrade so my phone is exactly how it was when it came out of the box?? I'm thinking maybe if I go back to 1.0.2 I can get it ringing again. I don't understand this bootloading stuff and I'm not a complete genius like PF and you others. Can anyone help me? Please let me know!!

Thanks a million

gray wifi is still gray. =(

hey guys i tried the program with the 4.02.13 and it got stuck on jailbreaking for over an hour. Now its stuck on a bsd root:md0, major2, minor 0 screen which just keeps loading and loading indefinitely. What next? or did i just brick this new otb iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, so i've been hearing a lot about zIphone downgrading the BL to 3.9. I have a quick question about this and iLibertyX. I have a 1.1.3 OTB. I unlocked the 1.1.3 with zIphone. I ran a program that tells you the system*edit* hardware info, and it said my BL was still 4.6. Is this true? My Baseband is 04.02.13, which leads me to believe it is.

iLibertyX question: will it tell me if I am on a 3.9 BL or a 4.6 BL?
    -J
    Last edited by iPhoneArizona; 03-26-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -E. Burke

This is great. I used iPlus 2.0b before and this one is getting better. After quick looking, I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the jailbreak + activation + unlock (for BL 3.9fb) option still provide Installer fix, BSD, term-vt100 fix, SummerBoard path fix, and relocating fonts and ringtones, as iPlus did?

2. In the Payloads tab, when download finished, e.g, "Install BBInfo", where is the downloaded file? Can I keep it for later use so that I don't need to download again?

3. I noticed that I have to "Download" packages in Payloads tab each time I open iLiberty+, even I had download same stuff before. Can this be managed that the download files are stored at a specific folder, named like "payloads" or something, so the program doesn't need to download again? Instead, the program only needs to search a specific folder before it tries download.

These are some questions I have after first look at iLiberty+. Any comment is appreciated. Thank you.
    If my comment is helpful,
    you can thank me by clicking "Thanks" button.
    ===================
    iPhone 8G OTB 1.1.2 --> 1.1.4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey ringer guy, I had the same problem with my iphone going into "headphones mode" I took it to the apple store and they used compressed are and "blew out" the headphones hole. For some reason my iphone was stuck in headphones mode. I never used the headphones but, hey that might be the problem.

Default I need your help
    Good morning. I hope all is well.

I would appreciate it if you could explain to me the program as I am a new user and I do not wish to face problems with my Unlocked iphone. I have an iphone 16gb and it is unlocked, so what does the program do and should I click on activate and unlock? also, please explain what is the jailbox.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but I need you help to better understand.

Best,

Saedtotah

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    will this work on a 4GB iphone? also does anyone know if the edge/wifi/bluetooth flash will fix a grayed out wifi? Just kinda getting a idea before i try it on my grayed out iphone.
    Dude, seriously, read the guide. Works on ALL iPhones. The E/W/B fix is not guaranteed, but doesn't hurt to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by abukadi View Post
    I can't jailbreak using iLibertyX I used the old method then I downgraded my bootloader to 3.9FB , so I can have jailbroken/activated but LOCKED iPhone with bootloader 3.9FB and baseband 04.04.05

but when I attempt to use iLibrety is just eep the test writing on my iphone screen for long time until i get my iphone back to recovery and restore.

so what I want is to unlock 1.1.2 jailbroken/activated BL 3.9FB with 04.04.05 baseband method.
    You're going for a customized solution. I don't understand why you want 1.1.2. The app is specifically for iPhones which have been restored to 1.1.4. Anything else you try is at your OWN RISK. I really don't see any advantage to keeping 1.1.2 and to be perfectly blunt, I think you're the only one and the chances of getting a direct answer to your question is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by jatindian View Post
    So now I'm at 1.1.3, and ready to upgrade again. But before I do, I need to ask this question because everytime I upgrade, I get all excited thinking my phone will ring, but it never does.

Is there ANY way to completely downgrade so my phone is exactly how it was when it came out of the box?? I'm thinking maybe if I go back to 1.0.2 I can get it ringing again. I don't understand this bootloading stuff and I'm not a complete genius like PF and you others. Can anyone help me? Please let me know!!

Thanks a million
    I'm not sure if you can completely re-virginize from 1.1.3 but it would do you no good if you could. The reason being, if you do decide to upgrade to 1.1.4, you will be RESTORING your iPhone. Which means all the tinkering you did with it previously, will be gone and it is essentially factory fresh again. Someone above suggested to blow some compressed air into the jack and see if something is lodged in there. That is your best solution.

I am curious though. Is it JUST your ringer? Will your iPod music play through the speakers? If not, then there's your issue. I'd find someone to repair it.

Quote Originally Posted by knightshadow View Post
    hey guys i tried the program with the 4.02.13 and it got stuck on jailbreaking for over an hour. Now its stuck on a bsd root:md0, major2, minor 0 screen which just keeps loading and loading indefinitely. What next? or did i just brick this new otb iphone?
    Put the iPhone into DFU restore mode and RESTORE in iTunes. Then repeat the process with iLibertyX.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneArizona View Post
    Ok, so i've been hearing a lot about zIphone downgrading the BL to 3.9. I have a quick question about this and iLibertyX. I have a 1.1.3 OTB. I unlocked the 1.1.3 with zIphone. I ran a program that tells you the system*edit* hardware info, and it said my BL was still 4.6. Is this true? My Baseband is 04.02.13, which leads me to believe it is.

iLibertyX question: will it tell me if I am on a 3.9 BL or a 4.6 BL?
    -J
    Your baseband and bootloader are 2 seperate things. I'm thinking this app you downloaded makes it's decision based on what the iPhone was shipped with...maybe just assumes that because your iPhone has 1.1.3, it must have 4.6.

iLibertyX will know whether or not to downgrade your iPhone to the 3.9FB or not...so it knows. Whether or not, it will show you, is a different thing. But you could install the BBInfo payload and see that information AFTER the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by saedtotah View Post
    Good morning. I hope all is well.

I would appreciate it if you could explain to me the program as I am a new user and I do not wish to face problems with my Unlocked iphone. I have an iphone 16gb and it is unlocked, so what does the program do and should I click on activate and unlock? also, please explain what is the jailbox.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but I need you help to better understand.

Best,

Saedtotah
    Dude, read the first message. If you're iPhone is unlocked, and you're not sure what you are doing, DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING.

If you upgrade/restore your iPhone's firmware, this will jailbreak, activate and unlock your iPhone. For definitions, please use google.

This is a classic reason to people messing up their iPhones. They get all button happy. A new program is released that you don't need at the moment, but you get all horny for it that you have to use it and then you come here complaining that the program messed up your iPhone. #1, read the guides. #2, ask questions that ARE NOT in the guide. #3, make sure you fully understand what your are doing to your iPhone before doing anything. #4, if you are unsure, DON'T DO IT. #5, good luck.
    Last edited by thedirtyone; 03-27-2008 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dear Sirs,
    May I seek your kind advice, given my extremely infant knowledge & experience:
    - *Given the brand new*OTB 1.1.4 (4.6BL) 16G iPhone*I have (never jailbroken, activated nor unlocked before), do I still need to restore to 1.1.4 using iTunes before running iLibertyX?
    - *Some other website mentioned that I need to place iLibertyX on desktop to run it. *Is this correct?
    - *Given the brand new iPhone I have, do I need to add the Reflash E/W/B payload?
    - *Do I need to add the International Payload (as required for iPlus 2.0b) separately, or it's already included in the standard run? *If I need to, where can I get the International Payload for iLibertyX, or the one for iPlus 2.0b will do?
    - *Do I need to add the YouTube Fix payload separately, or it's already included in the standard run?
    - *Assuming I complete the jailbreak, activate & unlock process, and then later on I want to add other payloads, do I just do the payloads, or I still need to click J/A/U again?
    Please excuse me for my silly questions. *Your kind advice would be mostly appreciated.
    Thanks and regards,
    Gary*

What´s the different between iLiberty+ and iLibertyX ????
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garykaifong View Post
    Dear Sirs,
    May I seek your kind advice, given my extremely infant knowledge & experience:
    - *Given the brand new*OTB 1.1.4 (4.6BL) 16G iPhone*I have (never jailbroken, activated nor unlocked before), do I still need to restore to 1.1.4 using iTunes before running iLibertyX? No.
    - *Some other website mentioned that I need to place iLibertyX on desktop to run it. *Is this correct? No.
    - *Given the brand new iPhone I have, do I need to add the Reflash E/W/B payload? No.
    - *Do I need to add the International Payload (as required for iPlus 2.0b) separately, or it's already included in the standard run? *If I need to, where can I get the International Payload for iLibertyX, or the one for iPlus 2.0b will do? If it's not in the payloads section, it's not included. The payloads can be found at: http://iliberty.zjlotto.com/Payloads/ Please read the threads thoroughly before asking questions.
    - *Do I need to add the YouTube Fix payload separately, or it's already included in the standard run? If it's in the payloads section, it's included. You only need the fix if it doesn't work.
    - *Assuming I complete the jailbreak, activate & unlock process, and then later on I want to add other payloads, do I just do the payloads, or I still need to click J/A/U again? At this time, yes.
    Please excuse me for my silly questions. *Your kind advice would be mostly appreciated.
    Thanks and regards,
    Gary*
    See red responses above. Please post your results after you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    What´s the different between iLiberty+ and iLibertyX ????
    Windows - iLiberty+
    Mac - iLibertyX

You were kidding, right?
    Last edited by thedirtyone; 03-27-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
    See red responses above. Please post your results after you're done.

Windows - iLiberty+
    Mac - iLibertyX

You were kidding, right?
    No I didn´t! Be coz when download iLibertyX from here, first page, I got the iLiberty+ for Mac anyway! Just wonder be coz I just had use iLiberty+ for Mac from iClarified and unlock with u see.
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Just tested this out, works great with a nicer terminal/install view during the whole process.

I just unlocked/activated/jailbroke a OTB 8gb. I chose the to use the 3.9fb bootloader and everything went smooth. After everything I installed baseband info and it shows that I have BT Ver 3.9_M3S2. Is this normal? If I do a full restore to factory state, should I be back at 4.6?

If anybody has a problem with wifi not working after the procedure, like mines didn't, I just resetted the phone and all was well afterwards.
    Last edited by th3xb; 03-27-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Default Will this install the installer on there as well
    Will this software install the installer for you?

- *Do I need to add the International Payload (as required for iPlus 2.0b) separately, or it's already included in the standard run? *If I need to, where can I get the International Payload for iLibertyX, or the one for iPlus 2.0b will do? If it's not in the payloads section, it's not included. The payloads can be found at: http://iliberty.zjlotto.com/Payloads/ Please read the threads thoroughly before asking questions.

I did look up to the payloads link, but I couldn't find the International Payload there!? Or have I been mistaken?

Default A+++++
    iLibertyX works great. I unlocked 1.1.4 iphone without a problem and it took me less than 5 mins HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Quote Originally Posted by deathscythes View Post
    iLibertyX works great. I unlocked 1.1.4 iphone without a problem and it took me less than 5 mins HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
    Can you see what boot loader version you have on there after the unlock?

Thanks

ok here's (another) inevitable dumb question (sorry i read the guide and all messages and still am not sure): i have a 1.0.2 phone that i unlocked, jailbroke and is working on rogers in canada. i upgraded to 1.1.1 and it's working ok. am i correct in thinking that if i want to go to 1.1.4 i restore to it w/ itunes then use this app to get up and running again?

thanks!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drehleierguy View Post
    ok here's (another) inevitable dumb question (sorry i read the guide and all messages and still am not sure): i have a 1.0.2 phone that i unlocked, jailbroke and is working on rogers in canada. i upgraded to 1.1.1 and it's working ok. am i correct in thinking that if i want to go to 1.1.4 i restore to it w/ itunes then use this app to get up and running again?

thanks!!
    sigh... yes

20. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

drehleierguy (03-28-2008)

Folks, I would like to report a successful case of iLibertyX on my brand new OTB 16G iPhone.

Got my new toy today. Successfully J/A/U it within 5 mins or so using iLibertyX. No hassles at all. What I did were:

- I opened iTunes, and then plugged in the iPhone

- I didn't do any Restore using iTunes, because it simply didn't allow me to, given the iPhone is a brand new one, I guess

- With iTunes remained on, I opened iLibertyX (iTunes closed automatically right the way)

- I then checked all J/A/U and Downgraded to 3.9FB on the 1st page. On the Payload page, I have not checked any of the Payloads. Then clicked Free my 16G iPhone. After 5 mins or so, it reported a success J/A/U

- All of YouTube, WiFi, EDGE work perfectly. Don't really have any idea on Bluetooth, 'cos it failed to recognize my MacBook, and neither my MacBook can add the iPhone. I guess it's fine though, 'cos people said iPhone's BlueTooth can only work on BT headphone

- Then I went into Installer and installed BSD Subsystem. Without first doing so, I just couldn't install any other goodies

So, that's it. Hope it works well for yours too.

Gaz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast