Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
    I would backup everything and restore to 1.1.4. The E/W/B fix will reflash your baseband if you were having problems with a different method. It wouldn't hurt to try.
    Thanks.
    But if I restore to 1.1.4 I should also get the baseband that goes with it (which is 4.04something, I think), so that should fix my previous baseband issues anyway, shouldn't it?

Put your 1.1.2 into DFU and restore to 1.1.4. Then use iLibertyX.
    My phone is 1.1.3 OTB, the thing is I don't want to restore to 1.1.4 I know it works. I need my phone to be on 1.1.2 cuz I want to use this FW not 1.1.4. any help with that?

will this work on a 4GB iphone? also does anyone know if the edge/wifi/bluetooth flash will fix a grayed out wifi? Just kinda getting a idea before i try it on my grayed out iphone.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It works on ANY version of the iphone, 4,8,16GB. If you're wi-fi is messed up give this a shot... what's the worst that can happen? Stilled grey out.. haha. Good luck.

Thanks

iLibertyX will even upgrade the bootloader on 3.9 b/l phones if you so desire (note the bootloader upgrade does not work on ziphone unlocked phones)
    If we've already jailbroken and unlocked using ZiPhone, can we restore using iTunes and the have the ability to upgrade our bootloaders?

Thanks

Any phone that has been unlocked with ziphone and has downgraded the bootloader is PERMANENT!! unless you disassemble the phone and do a hardware flash. BUT... why would you want to upgrade your bootloader... this would limit you to the 4.02 baseband and your "locate me" feature would cease to be functional.

I seriously do not understand why people have this obsession with getting back to the 4.6BL... there NO ADVANTAGE!! Downgrading the BL whether it be to 3.9 or 3.9FB is the ONLY way to unlock basebands 4.03 & 4.04 at the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Any phone that has been unlocked with ziphone and has downgraded the bootloader is PERMANENT!! unless you disassemble the phone and do a hardware flash. BUT... why would you want to upgrade your bootloader... this would limit you to the 4.02 baseband and your "locate me" feature would cease to be functional.

I seriously do not understand why people have this obsession with getting back to the 4.6BL... there NO ADVANTAGE!! Downgrading the BL whether it be to 3.9 or 3.9FB is the ONLY way to unlock basebands 4.03 & 4.04 at the moment.
    Yes, at the moment... but what happens when they have a new bootloader and they do manage to find a way to crack it... then I'm screwed and won't get that added functionality.

Thanks

The functionality comes from the BASEBAND (modem firmware)! not the bootloader.

Thanks

oh ya right... then what does the bootloader do again? (sorry I don't fully understand how these components work)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to exg5 For This Useful Post:

itsajeepthing03 (03-26-2008)

Thanks

Sorry if I was a bit harsh... I'm battling major allergies and it's putting me in a crappy mood. As far as what the bootloader ACTUALLY does... I will leave it up to someone more educated about it to give you an expert explanation :-)

Thanks

no problem, thanks for the help... allergies are driving me crazy too (I assume its pollen for you to?)

Quote Originally Posted by exg5 View Post
    oh ya right... then what does the bootloader do again? (sorry I don't fully understand how these components work)
    The bootloader gets things started, and in the right order. Starts a processor and then the main program associated with it. It's essential (if it does not work, your phone won't work), but at the same time does not do anything relevant to the functions of your device (which are implemented by your programs). So, it does not really matter which one you have, as long as it works.

Somebody has made the analogy that 3.9 is like a liberal mom (because it lets you do whatever you want) and 4.6 is a strict mom. Which one would you rather have?

If you want to know more about this stuff I suggest:

http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...-a-bootloader/

and

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32604

Hope this helps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    The bootloader gets things started, and in the right order. Starts a processor and then the main program associated with it. It's essential (if it does not work, your phone won't work), but at the same time does not do anything relevant to the functions of your device (which are implemented by your programs). So, it does not really matter which one you have, as long as it works.

Somebody has made the analogy that 3.9 is like a liberal mom (because it lets you do whatever you want) and 4.6 is a strict mom. Which one would you rather have?

If you want to know more about this stuff I suggest:

http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...-a-bootloader/

and

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32604

Hope this helps
    wow thanks, much appreciated

anyone report working with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 OTB ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abukadi View Post
    anyone report working with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 OTB ?
    This program will will on any iPhone on any firmware no mater what version OTB or upgraded to.

Thumbs up Question sir
    i would like to know i iLibertyX is better than ZiPhone ?or do they do the same thing?

Thanks

I would say iLiberty has more features integrated into it but as far as end result and ease of use they are equal. The goal for most people is to jailbreak, unlock and activate and they both do an amazing job.

This program will will on any iPhone on any firmware no mater what version OTB or upgraded to.
    Digg
    I am afraid to tell u NO, cuz I have tried it on 1.1.2 OTB but it's stuck on the jailbreak and never go further, I needed to restore again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does jailbreaking downgrade your bootloader?

I can't jailbreak using iLibertyX I used the old method then I downgraded my bootloader to 3.9FB , so I can have jailbroken/activated but LOCKED iPhone with bootloader 3.9FB and baseband 04.04.05

but when I attempt to use iLibrety is just eep the test writing on my iphone screen for long time until i get my iphone back to recovery and restore.

so what I want is to unlock 1.1.2 jailbroken/activated BL 3.9FB with 04.04.05 baseband method.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast