Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLiberty+ - #1 Windows Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for iPhone/iTouch

Just wanted to say WOW.. Perfect. I bought a brand new 1.1.4(OTB) phone from the USA and brought it back to Europe.

So this is what I did in exact details.

1) Placed phone in recovery mode by holding power and home for 25 seconds.
    2) Started itunes
    3) Connected usb cable
    4) Accepted itunes prompt to restore since phone was in recovery
    5) Waited till recovery complete
    6) Disconnect iphone cable
    7) Exit itunes
    8) Start itunes
    9) Connect iphone cable
    10) Allow itunes find phone again which it prompts to activate on at&t
    11) Exit itunes, & kill ituneshelper
    12) Turn off iphone
    12) Remove at&t sim
    13) Place vodafone sim in iphone
    14) start iphone (it complains about SIM )
    15) Start iliberty+
    16) Select all options on standard tab
    17) Click go for it
    18) Prompted to disconnect iphone so did so.
    19) Reconnected and click OK
    20) Watch iphone screen as it does the work
    21) Done.

wifi works, edge works, youtube works, find my location works.

All worked like a absolute charm. I am so chuffed. I have a fully working iphone and not a single problem.

EDIT: Damn after about 10 minutes wifi has stopped working and I can not get it working again
    Last edited by poyntesm; 03-29-2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so im a complete noob i purchased my iphone brand new when they first came out still have firmware 1.02 and had a buddy of mine unlock it for tmobile so what exactly do i have to do in order to run this program correctly and have everything working

Success here, I put my 1.1.2 phone into restore mode first, then restored to 1.1.4 through itunes, and I even was able to restore from my backup rather than restoring as a new phone. Jailbreak worked perfectly but I forgot to add the payloads, now when I try to after the matter I get an error message saying "unable to create payload folder". Oh well tho, i don't really need that stuff (yet).
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

I've been using ziphone for a while now and have never had a problem with it, but I'm gonna give this program a try anyway since its officially endorsed by the dev team

Quote Originally Posted by jgrand03 View Post
    so im a complete noob i purchased my iphone brand new when they first came out still have firmware 1.02 and had a buddy of mine unlock it for tmobile so what exactly do i have to do in order to run this program correctly and have everything working
    This is what i want to know as well, i'm basically in the same shoe as you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

tried this and it f**ked a bran new iphone let it run through its process did everything once it was completed phone started up it was jailbroken and a got a nice wee message iphone damaged repair need contact apple tried doing a firmware restore in dfu mode and also in normal revovery mode via itunes and once firmware has been restored i get the activated screen with the pop message iphone damaged repaird needed please contact apple i should have just stuck to ziphone

looks like the Windoze version actually has more features than the OS X...? Strange.

I have a rather large issue I believe...

As it was jailbreaking my phone and the text was scrolling on it, my dog got scared and ran from under my desk. In the process my phone fell off the desk and the cord pulled out from the phone. I tried plugging it back in and waiting but nothing happened. So I tried rebooting it and it just scrolls the same text and pauses at;

BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 0

then repeats itself.
    I can't get my computers to recognize it or get it to boot in repair mode =[

help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpg6688 View Post
    I have a rather large issue I believe...

As it was jailbreaking my phone and the text was scrolling on it, my dog got scared and ran from under my desk. In the process my phone fell off the desk and the cord pulled out from the phone. I tried plugging it back in and waiting but nothing happened. So I tried rebooting it and it just scrolls the same text and pauses at;

BSD Root: md0, major 2, minor 0

then repeats itself.
    I can't get my computers to recognize it or get it to boot in repair mode =[

help?
    the iphone will go into restore mode i had a problem when a jailbraking went wrong on the 1st iphone i tried to unlock and i eneded up with a black screen with loads of code scrolloing down at a fast pace you just need to keep trying the hold power button for a couple of secs while holding the home button soon as the iphone lights up take ure finger off the power buttonand keep holding the home button and it should go into restore try doing this with the iphone in the dockstation ive found that when ure having problems with the iphone the phone will go into restore mode rather easy when its in the doc station dunno maybe if it was just my phone that did that but worth a try

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeL_R For This Useful Post:

bpg6688 (03-30-2008), GreatOBI (03-30-2008)

First thing I want to say Del R you are a genius! I was having the same problem as the guy above you and got it back to normal. Thanks again! I have an itouch that I want to Jailbreak that is already been used. Do I have to restore it before using iLiberty? Do I upgrade it to the new firmware first before using iLiberty?

sorry for the newb question, but why would you want to downgrade the baseband? I upgraded to 1.1.4 using itunes from a jailbroken 1.1.3, then used ziphone. done. jailbroken with newest baseband and every feature on my iphone works.

i was looking in several topics but i have a simple question..

i have a ootb 1.1.2, i want my phone to be unlocked, activated and jailbroken
    i have at&t.

Do i need to V mark the 'Downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9fakeblank' in the unlock part... or i just leave that one blank..

thank you very much...

(im V marking jailbreak, activate, setup installer all together is this correct)

heeey guys,
    I just want to be sure. I'll buy a new iphone (1.1.4 OOB).
    is iLiberty ganna be able to Jailbreaking, Unlocking and Activation it? so i'll be able to use
    any sim card other than at&t ?.
    TIA :-)

okay i just have a general question about unlocking. If I unlock can i still use the AT&T sim?

Quote Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post
    okay i just have a general question about unlocking. If I unlock can i still use the AT&T sim?
    u can use any simcard

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abdurm For This Useful Post:

nirav464 (04-02-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After I jailbroke my iPhone, i could no longer hear any sound. When someone called me or when I called someone, they could hear me but I could not hear them. iPod doesn't play either. Any ideas?

i try it and youtube not work eaven with te fix , ziphone work's for me fine

ok I used this with my OTB 1.1.4 and worked great thx a million, I just installed Installer. Now what do I install on iPhone? I basically just want themes and tones accesses and an AIM app web based if available. Plus I left my iTunes to auto sync, should i take this off before installing apps or doesn't matter? and i think i'm having that wifi issue cuz it always says unable to connect, what do i do to fix that plz? Thank You so much you guyz rule!!!

if you use AT&T there is no reason at all to 'unlock' your phone.

With that in mind, use your head and the rule of thumb:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast