Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nocturne for iOS is a new tweak which allows you to enable a dark theme

In Charge - To contact me, use my email Dennis Bednarz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Nocturne for iOS is a new tweak which allows you to enable a dark theme

iOS is known for it's bright white, two tone interface which some might like while others don't. There has been an ongoing trend on the internet about enabling dark themes which are easier on the eyes and are considered "cool looking" by many enthusiasts. As Apple doesn't include an built-in option for changing the app themes to dark, the jailbreak community has stepped in as usual by delivering the tweak called Nocturne made by Tony Ciroussel.

This tweak lets you change the theme of the Preferences.app to a dark one. Unfortunately, as this tweak is still in beta, this is the only app that can be themed at the moment with others resulting in their normal, bright white colour like the ones below:

The tweak, unfortunately, has no additional settings, and it doesn't add a preference panel in the Preferences.app as there is nothing to configure at the moment.

It's possible that we could see accent settings, in-depth colour settings and individual app filtering in the future but at the moment it's either what's pre-configured or nothing.

While the tweak has only been tested on iOS 9, it works as expected on iOS 10 without any bugs or misbehaving. The developer noted that it should work as expected on all iOS versions from iOS 7 and up, which all share the same Preferences.app architecture behind the scenes.

If you want to give Nocturne a try to play around with it and see the results for yourself, you can download it from Ciroussel's private repository for free, or download the source code from GitHub and fork it yourself.

Will you wait for the tweak to leave the beta phase and bring us more features? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Add Tony's repository

Download the source from GitHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Bednarz For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2017-05-23)

waiting for the day MMi shuts down...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    waiting for the day MMi shuts down...
    Not going to happen

nice I will get it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden Spencer View Post
    Be positive
    no.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    no.
    Then get lost.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Bednarz For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2017-05-11), Bo Troxell (2017-05-11)

I haven't checked this tweak out yet. I'll most likely wait on the sidelines until they improve it to work with more apps. When I was talking with nathanaccidentally on JailCast he mentioned looking through Nocturne's code and seeing methods or classes for other apps, so there are indeed plans for broadening the scope.

I will stay with Eclipse and Noctis for now.