Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for 10.2 released

Always save you ips files no matter what, banking apps will work regardless unless you're holding millions of dollars in your account i will not be forced to upgrade to ios 10 unless its my choice not the company or apple. My I device belongs to me no one else. I speak for myself so as you wish out there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IChi1d For This Useful Post:

broflok (2017-05-12)

Default Jailbreak for 10.2 released
    I wonder if someone can help or point me to a tutorial or guide.
    Am having constant resprings since this afternoon and cannot see the root folder on my 6plus ios 10.2 using iexplorer. I installed flex3 and bubble icon labels patch...activated it. Went into anemone to uncheck the no icon labels and respring. Since then i have had the constant resprings soon as i try to go into most apps.
    I have tried the icloud find my iphone erase trick but my device will not erase-it just keeps on saying erase pending and the minutes just keep on adding up .
    I cannot get into most apps like settings, yalu, cydia or anemone. Soon as i touch a app after entering passcode it just resprings-even through search and touch it resprings. Only managed to use tapatalk app so far which i find strange that
    Its working.

Tried to reinstall yalu with impactor which is ok but when i try to tap on it it resprings. Can not get into cydia to delelte flex or anemone to to renable the icon labels option.

I fear this is the end for this jailbreak for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaRock; 2017-05-15 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,431 Times in 7,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaRock View Post
    I wonder if someone can help or point me to a tutorial or guide.
    Am having constant bootloops since this afternoon and cannot see the root folder on my 6plus ios 10.2 using iexplorer. I installed flex3 and bubble icon labels patch...activated it. Went into anemone to uncheck the no icon labels and respring. Since then i have had the bootloops.
    I have tried the icloud find my iphone erase trick but my device will not erase-it just keeps on saying erase pending and the minutes just keep on adding up .
    I cannot get into most apps like settings, yalu, cydia or anemone. Soon as i touch a app after entering passcode it just resprings-even through search and touch it resprings. Only managed to use tapatalk app so far which i find strange that
    Its working.

Tried to reinstall yalu with impactor but no joy.

I fear this is the end for this jailbreak for me
    Sounds like you're in an unrecoverable state. I've seen it a couple of times with this jailbreak. I'm so sorry. I have no help to offer. I've stayed away from Flex for two years precisely because of things like this that I've heard about. Flex itself is fine but the patches that people write for it sometimes are unstable.

Coolstar's SemiRestore tool - I hear works for iOS 10.2 to get it back to 10.2. But sounds like you can't even install anything without problems.

Can you reboot into non-Jailbroken mode?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

DaRock (2017-05-15)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Sounds like you're in an unrecoverable state. I've seen it a couple of times with this jailbreak. I'm so sorry. I have no help to offer. I've stayed away from Flex for two years precisely because of things like this that I've heard about. Flex itself is fine but the patches that people write for it sometimes are unstable.

Coolstar's SemiRestore tool - I hear works for iOS 10.2 to get it back to 10.2. But sounds like you can't even install anything without problems.

Can you reboot into non-Jailbroken mode?
    Yeah was a mistake on my part with the flex patch. Can reboot to non jailbroken mode but soon as i touch anything it just resprings. Looks like i cannot even restore it to a backup as i cannot turn of find my iphone as i cannot access it.

Am guessing the coolstar semirestore programs needs to be installed via cydia right?

Thanks

Yeah was a mistake on my part with the flex patch. Can reboot to non jailbroken mode but soon as i touch anything it just resprings. Looks like i cannot even restore it to a backup as i cannot turn of find my iphone as i cannot access it.

Am guessing the coolstar semirestore programs needs to be installed via cydia right?
    Yes. Can you get into Cydia long enough to uninstall MobileSubstrate - which will pull all tweaks off your phone?

Yes. Can you get into Cydia long enough to uninstall MobileSubstrate - which will pull all tweaks off your phone?
    Unfortunately cydia just flashes open but doen not load and thats it.

Update looks like its in order...till the next jailbreak.

Thanks new d

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaRock For This Useful Post:

NewD (2017-05-15)

Thanks

Unfortunately cydia just flashes open but doen not load and thats it.

Update looks like its in order...till the next jailbreak.

Thanks new d
    Sorry, dude. I think you're hosed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

DaRock (2017-05-15)

Yeah your right. Updated to 10.3.1. Hopefully pangu pull a surprise out the bag

iOS 10.3.2 is out now, the JB should follow soon, if there was in fact one. C'mon Pangu, release the Kraken!!
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

broflok (2017-05-16), King_O_Hill (2017-05-16)

Could have tried renaming the MobileSubstrate folder, found here:

/Library

This folder holds all the dylib and plists for each tweak that uses mobilesubstrate. If it was a Substrate issue renaming the folder would have remedied it, if it did fix the issue then you would rename the folder back to MobileSubstrate then open the folder then the DynamicLibraries folder and rename the dylibs one by one starting with the one you think is the culprit, if the issue is remedied job done. No Need to have lost your jailbreak

or if you just want a quick fix(after determining its a Substrate issue) just delete the whole folder respring, then redownload your tweaks
    Last edited by dsg; 2017-05-17 at 04:23 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post

/Library

This folder holds all the dylib and plists for each tweak that uses mobilesubstrate. If it was a Substrate issue renaming the folder would have remedied it, if it did fix the issue then you would rename the folder back to MobileSubstrate then open the folder then the DynamicLibraries folder and rename the dylibs one by one starting with the one you think is the culprit, if the issue is remedied job done. No Need to have lost your jailbreak

or if you just want a quick fix(after determining its a Substrate issue) just delete the whole folder respring, then redownload your tweaks
    DSG - I reposted this advice on the 10.1.1 forum. I hope it's Ok. Tia has an issue that may be related to mobilesubstrates.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadexpt For This Useful Post:

dsg (2017-05-17)

Thanks

/Library

As he mentioned - all tools (even iFile, etc) would just crash even after JB before Substrate enabling. Didn't ask him if he attempted to SSH in. Hmm - or did he mention iExplorer failing too.
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-05-17 at 06:06 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

dsg (2017-05-17)

As he mentioned - all tools (even iFile, etc) would just crash even after JB before Substrate enabling. Didn't ask him if he attempted to SSH in. Hmm - or did he mention iExplorer failing too.
    Shame did not know about this before...after a few resprings and i could still see root folder inwould have tried this method. But 10 minutes later-the resprings were just happening soon as i try to get into filza, settings, anemone or cydia...and no root with iexplorer either.

Will bear this mind for future jailbreak if we are lucky enough for apple to slip up.

Thanks.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DaRock For This Useful Post:

dsg (2017-05-17)

I always have an activator gesture set up so I can access safemode too.

You need afc2add for iExplorer to work and OpenSSH so you can ssh in. I recommend everybody to use them as they can help save a jailbreak.

On a side note I always change the ssh password and have ssh disabled, unless I'm making changes or updating tweaks

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

DaRock (2017-05-17), NewD (2017-05-17)

Thanks

I always have an activator gesture set up so I can access safemode too.
    Getting into safemode is VERY tricky with semi-tethered tools installed via Impactor. Very different than untethered jb.. Can you explain how you set up Activator to accomplish this? Even with untethers I've never heard of being able to 'just get into safemode'. Am very interested in this, please, dsg!

You need afc2add for iExplorer to work and OpenSSH so you can ssh in. I recommend everybody to use them as they can help save a jailbreak.
    Though I know what you mean.. afc2add is a very old tweak that ended support after iOS7 or 8 I think. Apple File Conduit 2 replaced it.. Is that what you mean? I think we abbreviate that one AFC2. I only mention the distinction because the very old one is still available on Cydia and SERIOUSLY screws up your phone if you install it and you're on iOS9 or 10.

Thanks for your help!
    Grant

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

dsg (2017-05-19)

There's a Safe Mode action built into Activator under "System Actions." You could also use something like "PowerTap" to add the option to the stock power down screen or Polus to put a switch in the CC. There's also PowerApp, which can come in handy because some of it functionality works without Substrate so it can be used for some things when you're in "non jailbreak mode."

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

dsg (2017-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    There's a Safe Mode action built into Activator under "System Actions." You could also use something like "PowerTap" to add the option to the stock power down screen or Polus to put a switch in the CC. There's also PowerApp, which can come in handy because some of it functionality works without Substrate so it can be used for some things when you're in "non jailbreak mode."
    Thanks Jon. The problem is - semi tether tools - don't immediately start into Substrate like an untether. After a reboot they're in non-JB mode. So getting into safe mode, without a crash, of course, isn't really able to be triggered by the usual power button volume up key combo during start up. Are you saying there's an Activator "just jump to safe mode" subroutine that can be activated from some gesture WHILE still in non-JB mode? Because that's what would have to be possible if the person has a tweak sending them right to safe mode or other problems.

And Activator needs Substrate already running - no?

Are you saying there's an Activator "just jump to safe mode" subroutine that can be activated from some gesture WHILE still in non-JB mode?
    no this isn't possible, wish it was

And Activator needs Substrate already running - no?
    yes, exactly

I just set up an activator gesture to get into safemode if a tweak is bad but doesn't trigger a safemode by it's self

Apple File Conduit 2 replaced it.. Is that what you mean?
    yes sorry, got them mixed up
    Last edited by dsg; 2017-05-19 at 02:26 AM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

mgmm1 (2017-05-19), NewD (2017-05-19)

Right, the methods I'm referring to all require Substrate so yeah they'd only work from a jailbroken state. As far as getting into "No Substrate Mode" from a non jailbroken state, isn't that just a matter of holding Volume up while rejailbreaking? The instructions as I've always known them are to open the jailbreak app, press the button to rejailbreak, and immediately start holding volume up (and continue to do so while the device boots). That should put you in No Substrate Mode. Reversing it is just a matter of rebooting the device again.
    As far as a quicker or easier method from a non jailbroken state, as far as I know there isn't one.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

dsg (2017-05-19), Jesus™ (2017-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    Right, the methods I'm referring to all require Substrate so yeah they'd only work from a jailbroken state. As far as getting into "No Substrate Mode" from a non jailbroken state, isn't that just a matter of holding Volume up while rejailbreaking? The instructions as I've always known them are to open the jailbreak app, press the button to rejailbreak, and immediately start holding volume up (and continue to do so while the device boots). That should put you in No Substrate Mode. Reversing it is just a matter of rebooting the device again.
    As far as a quicker or easier method from a non jailbroken state, as far as I know there isn't one.
    Yeah.. you'd think it would be "just that easy". Once I wrapped my head around the difference between an untethered and semi tethered JB concept - I concluded the steps exactly as you outlined there. But give it a try.. lol.. jes' sayin'...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

DaRock (2017-05-19)

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast