Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for 10.2 released

Props to you, kristatos Sounds like a painstaking and frustrating process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2017-02-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kristatos View Post
    That happened to me last week when my manager asked to take the phone (6s) to an  store to have the battery replaced as it was on of the phones with the battery issue...being 1.5 hrs from home had erase all data and setting from iCloud and take it in...I had the error after...

I managed to fix it but it took a few hours...the video is good but some people (me included) have a sandbox error when trying to run MTerminal...the guys that made the video are aware but haven't figured out a way around the error yet...

I had to fix the Cydia manually by downloading the dpkg, apt and all related folders and use ifunbox to copy them to the iBooks folder which is available even if ifunbox doesn't recognize the phone as jailbroken...using iFile (which works even with Cydia broken) to move them to the proper folder and assign the proper permissions...after that Cydia was fixed...

The problem with erasing the phone thru iCloud is that it deletes essential folders for Cydia and tweaks to function properly...basically the lib folder inside var...
    YES! Exactly! So well explained, Kristaos!! I watched the video several times. It's good to know that you CAN recover from the state... but it'll make you NEVER do it again.. LOOOL!!.. Cydia Eraser was released this am by Saurik but ONLY for 10.1.1 people.. still on iPhone 7/7+ (or I guess any phone on 10.1.1).. Interesting that he released it for 10.1.1 first.. as he hates the Mach_Portal jailbreak so much.. But at least those of us on 7/7+ have a 'restore to current firmware' option now - if we want to 'clean house'..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2017-02-22)

So there is no way to keep Cydia from crashing after rejailbreaking from the 7 day signing is there ? I did not add the cydia beta repo I don't think ...
    http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    So there is no way to keep Cydia from crashing after rejailbreaking from the 7 day signing is there ? I did not add the cydia beta repo I don't think ...
    The two things are completely unrelated. I've changed the 7 day cert every week since 12/22/16 when the JB came out. And Cydia has never crashed for me even once.

What is happening is I can't get Cydia to open up now . Even after using the impactor to rejailbreak. I deleted the Yalu 102 app and then reinstalled it but now Cydia won't open .. it opens then closes

Did you run Yalu app again after reinstall?

Thanks

Default Jailbreak for 10.2 released
    What is happening is I can't get Cydia to open up now . Even after using the impactor to rejailbreak. I deleted the Yalu 102 app and then reinstalled it but now Cydia won't open .. it opens then closes
    Cydia won't open until you're actually re-jailbroken. Loading the Yalu tool with Impactor does NOT jailbreak your phone. You must tap on the Yalu tool - and hit the GO button first. THEN - after the phone resprings .. you're jailbroken and Cydia should open.

Sounds like you loaded the Yalu tool.. but never actually used it (tapped on it and hit GO).

I did that too! Twice !!

From reading your guide I see I missed the very first step after jail breaking. I did not add that Cydia repo.

Thanks

From reading your guide I see I missed the very first step after jail breaking. I did not add that Cydia repo.
    Nah.. the most current Cydia automatically shows itself for install the very first time you open it now. The need for that repo no longer exists. Cydia Installer is no longer in beta. It's in main Cydia repo on all our phones now - for a while.

Follow that video I posted above. It's your way back.

I Can Not install iconclasm out cydia ... iPhone 6s iOS 10.2 ... is That Not Running ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You get massage in Cyda..This tweak has been discontinued....so
    Maybe there is some beta repo if there is a working version of this tweak, but I never used it before, so no clue, sorry.
    Hope someone else will be able to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    You get massage in Cyda..This tweak has been discontinued....so
    Maybe there is some beta repo if there is a working version of this tweak, but I never used it before, so no clue, sorry.
    Hope someone else will be able to answer your question.
    Ok Thank you

I have it installed from the MMi repo.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I have it installed from the MMi repo.

With iOS 10.2 ?

Default Jailbreak for 10.2 released
    Yes, 10.2

Note 5 icons across!

Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2017-02-23 at 06:30 PM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, 10.2

Note 5 icons across!

Not Running on my 6s

Something I noticed after jailbreaking and adding the emoji from 10.2 to my iPhone is that while the new emojis show up while texting using iMessage, the new emoji don't appear in snapchat or instagram. Anyone else experiencing this?

Anyone knows why i cant install BytaFontTweakFont deb.115
    i get error 256 if i will install with ifile.
    ip6 10.2
    BytaFont 3.2 already installed in Cydia.
    -img_2142.png

From what I read outside, BytaFont is still not fully compatible, so let it go, it's not that important Save the precious jailbreak

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Jazzman UK (2017-02-25)

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast