Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for 10.2 released

Thanks

Sounded good. I am there don't see icon for apps, just plist and txt files. How to change these app icons for my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Default Jailbreak for 10.2 released
    Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    Sounded good. I am there don't see icon for apps, just plist and txt files. How to change these app icons for my own.

Sorry try this
    /var/containers/Bundle/Application
    You'll need Anemone to theme icons. Are you familiar with it?

Thanks

It's all so new, not really sure of anything.

Thanks

Thanks for you response and help. Which icon do I replace. Using a 6+ 10.2.

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    Thanks for you response and help. Which icon do I replace. Using a 6+ 10.2.

I'll pm you. This thread really isn't for theming

Thanks

Thank you.

There is an iOS 10 Anemone thread:

All things ANEMONE for iOS 10

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out WW3 for iOS 9 - Widget-Weather 3.0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewD (02-20-2017)

Ran into a problem with my iPad mini 4, Cydia kept crashing. I ran Impactor and installed Yalu several times, still no luck. so I deleted Yalu and re-jailbreaked all over again, but now Cydia does not show up at all. I've ran Yalu multiple times but no luck. Has anyone ran into this problem? I'm on iOS 10.0.2 on the iPad mini 4. Everything was working great until today.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,197 Times in 7,568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Ran into a problem with my iPad mini 4, Cydia kept crashing. I ran Impactor and installed Yalu several times, still no luck. so I deleted Yalu and re-jailbreaked all over again, but now Cydia does not show up at all. I've ran Yalu multiple times but no luck. Has anyone ran into this problem? I'm on iOS 10.0.2 on the iPad mini 4. Everything was working great until today.
    Hook your iPad to your computer - make sure the iPad 4 is in JB state. Open Terminal on your computer. And SSH into your phone. Using the command
    ssh [email protected]
    (The x's are the Wifi IP address of your phone.. password should be alpine. Then simply run the command
    uicache
    .... then Cydia should appear in your iPad again.

If you can't ssh into your phone from your computer.. if you're getting error messages then you have to install Coolstar's ssh Fix from his repo coolstar.org/publicrepo first and try again.

Good luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (02-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Hook your iPad to your computer - make sure the iPad 4 is in JB state. Open Terminal on your computer. And SSH into your phone. Using the command
    ssh [email protected]
    (The x's are the Wifi IP address of your phone.. password should be alpine. Then simply run the command
    uicache
    .... then Cydia should appear in your iPad again.

If you can't ssh into your phone from your computer.. if you're getting error messages then you have to install Coolstar's ssh Fix from his repo coolstar.org/publicrepo first and try again.

Good luck.
    How can I even SSH or install from any repo if Cydia does not appear at all?? Yalu shows "already jailbroken"

How can I even SSH or install from any repo if Cydia does not appear at all?? Yalu shows "already jailbroken"
    You don't need Cydia working to SSH into your device. Now if you don't have the appropriate tweaks to SSH already, that's a problem.

You can do this on the device if you have mterminal installed.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

As King said.. as long as you're jailbroken you can SSH even without Cydia - from your computer as I explained.

Getting MTerminal on your phone wouldn't be possible without Cydia working.. so follow my steps above..

Do you have a computer with Terminal on it?

-img_0851.jpg-img_0852.jpg
    As King said.. as long as you're jailbroken you can SSH even without Cydia - from your computer as I explained.

Getting MTerminal on your phone wouldn't be possible without Cydia working.. so follow my steps above..

Do you have a computer with Terminal on it?

Last night, I got tired of Cydia crashing. I ended deleting Yalu and doing the jailbreak again. No matter how many times I run Yalu now, Cydia is not showing up. Yalu says 'already jailbroken', but I have no Cydia. I tried SSH'ing with Terminal on my Mac, but no dice. I also connected the iPad to my Mac, and iFunbox shows the iPad as being jailed. I'm almost to the point of giving up and running it stock since I already have my iPhone 7+ jailbroken.

it's an iPad mini 4 btw, on iOS 10.0.2 , was working great till yesterday morning when Cydia kept crashing.

Thanks

-img_0851.jpg-img_0852.jpg

Last night, I got tired of Cydia crashing. I ended deleting Yalu and doing the jailbreak again. No matter how many times I run Yalu now, Cydia is not showing up. Yalu says 'already jailbroken', but I have no Cydia. I tried SSH'ing with Terminal on my Mac, but no dice. I also connected the iPad to my Mac, and iFunbox shows the iPad as being jailed. I'm almost to the point of giving up and running it stock since I already have my iPhone 7+ jailbroken.

it's an iPad mini 4 btw, on iOS 10.0.2 , was working great till yesterday morning when Cydia kept crashing.
    How did you actually get Cydia off your iPad to begin with? Usually the only way to erase Cydia from the phone entirely or the iPad entirely is to restore it. I'd like to know how city of disappeared from your iPad to begin with?

How did you actually get Cydia off your iPad to begin with? Usually the only way to erase Cydia from the phone entirely or the iPad entirely is to restore it. I'd like to know how city of disappeared from your iPad to begin with?
    I erased it after hours of trying to get Yalu to get Cydia working. I've pretty much given up on it since I probably fncked something up already. oh well. I'll get back into whenever I feel like it again and see if I can salvage the jailbreak.

Thanks

I erased it after hours of trying to get Yalu to get Cydia working. I've pretty much given up on it since I probably fncked something up already. oh well. I'll get back into whenever I feel like it again and see if I can salvage the jailbreak.
    Yeah. I've never heard of anyone successfully removing Cydia without restoring and "live to tell about it"... lol - in terms of having a successful in tact JB afterwards.

Can you tell me the steps you used to get rid of it? Step by step..

And how do you know you couldn't SSH into your phone? What error messages.. ?

Thanks

Any status bar themes that work independently regardless of running theme?

Yeah. I've never heard of anyone successfully removing Cydia without restoring and "live to tell about it"... lol - in terms of having a successful in tact JB afterwards.

Can you tell me the steps you used to get rid of it? Step by step..

And how do you know you couldn't SSH into your phone? What error messages.. ?
    I erased thru iCloud. As for SSH, Terminal just says connection refused or something something like that. I'm screwed me thinks.
    I don't understand what was causing Cydia to crash though to begin with, I hadn't installed any tweaks in about a week, and everything else was running just fine.

Thanks

I erased thru iCloud. As for SSH, Terminal just says connection refused or something something like that. I'm screwed me thinks.
    I don't understand what was causing Cydia to crash though to begin with, I hadn't installed any tweaks in about a week, and everything else was running just fine.
    Yes. Erase All Contents and Settings (same as erasing through iCloud) can't be done after this Jailbreak is installed without causing major troubles.

Now having said that - there's guy on YouTube who says you CAN do it - but it will kill Cydia from showing. He shows an extensive detailed video about how to get Cydia back. And get stable again. He also shows how to get out of the original bug you experienced of Cydia crashing all the time. I will try and find the link.

Here it is:
    https://youtu.be/Fi__hf2nwFI
    Last edited by NewD; 02-21-2017 at 05:24 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (02-21-2017)

Livin the iPhone Life kristatos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,479 Times in 962 Posts

Yes. Erase All Contents and Settings (same as erasing through iCloud) can't be done after this Jailbreak is installed without causing major troubles.

Now having said that - there's guy on YouTube who says you CAN do it - but it will kill Cydia from showing. He shows an extensive detailed video about how to get Cydia back. And get stable again. He also shows how to get out of the original bug you experienced of Cydia crashing all the time. I will try and find the link.

Here it is:
    https://youtu.be/Fi__hf2nwFI
    That happened to me last week when my manager asked to take the phone (6s) to an  store to have the battery replaced as it was on of the phones with the battery issue...being 1.5 hrs from home had erase all data and setting from iCloud and take it in...I had the error after...

I managed to fix it but it took a few hours...the video is good but some people (me included) have a sandbox error when trying to run MTerminal...the guys that made the video are aware but haven't figured out a way around the error yet...

I had to fix the Cydia manually by downloading the dpkg, apt and all related folders and use ifunbox to copy them to the iBooks folder which is available even if ifunbox doesn't recognize the phone as jailbroken...using iFile (which works even with Cydia broken) to move them to the proper folder and assign the proper permissions...after that Cydia was fixed...

The problem with erasing the phone thru iCloud is that it deletes essential folders for Cydia and tweaks to function properly...basically the lib folder inside var...
    Last edited by kristatos; 02-21-2017 at 05:56 PM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (02-22-2017), menard_00 (02-21-2017), NewD (02-21-2017)

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast