Page 1 of 32 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for 10.2 released

Thanks
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

Default Jailbreak for 10.0-10.2 released (5S-->6SPlus - no 7)
    Well after loads of speculation - this morning we wake up to the newest present from Luca Todesco - a Yalu IPA Jailbreak tool for iOS 10.0-->10.2. But it's for a VERY LIMITED iPhone set. ONLY the 6S, 6SPlus, SE and iPad Pro are included as of this launch.

Unlike the buggier JB for 10.1.1 which included the above phones plus 7/7Plus, this semi-tethered IPA tool, installable with Cydia Impactor, has Mobile Substrate included and fully working according to Luca and other early testers.

I thought there may likely be some uniqueness to this JB - so I figured a new thread was warranted. Those of you who've made the jump - please tell us how it's going!

yalu.qwertyoruiop.com

Since I only own a 6 and a 7Plus, I won't be able to do testing early as I could for 10.1.1 JB. As soon as it becomes available for iPhone 6 - I'll move my 6 from 9.3.3 to 10.2 and JB to help out.

Those of you already JB on 10.1.1, with the above phones, can likely safely uninstall Substrate Fix, reboot into nonJB mode, install the new tool and reJB with this new tool. It works on 10.1.1 too and already has Substrate working. Some early testers reporting that the newer tool feels more stable.
    --------------------
    Items you'll need:
    --------------------
    1) The moment you jailbreak you need to add repo: apt.saurik.com/beta/cydia-arm64/
    Then update CydiaInstaller from there. When it finishes installing - Cydia Installer crashes back to Springboard - this is normal through all jailbreaks we've ever had. Not a sign of something bad.

2) For Anemone (and other tweaks that need it) to work correctly you'll need to first install the newest beta of RocketBootstrap from repo: rpetri.ch/repo/

3) The newest IconSupport in Cydia is just fine. For a while we needed a .deb for it.

4) iCleanerPro is always gotten from repo: ib-soft.net/cydia/beta/
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-01-30 at 07:10 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2017-01-26), broflok (2017-01-27), chevymusclecar (2017-01-28), Glawrence33 (2017-01-26), kristatos (2017-01-27), ninthchamber99 (2017-01-26), pnunez1310 (2017-01-28), Simon (2017-01-26)

Thanks

Default Jailbreak for 10.2 released
    Those of you taking the plunge - who were already JB on 10.1.1 - could it be as simple as getting rid of MachPortal and SubFix - then "upgrading" (OTA or computer) to 10.2.. download new IPA - reJB and all your tweaks and settings still work?! No DFU restore necessary?! That would be interesting.

These side-loaded semi-tether jailbreak tools offer us new ways of doing things we never had available with untethered JB's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Xapi (2017-03-23)

I am unclear on how I can use this .ips file to jailbreak my iphone. Is there any guides to use to help me out for the 10.2 jailbreak?

iPhone 6 plus will not work?

Im still on 9.0.2 huhu
    no spam

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StormRoBoT For This Useful Post:

mohseen488 (2017-01-26)

Awesome news!!

But until further info is provided on this JB, especially regarding which devices it will work on, I will happily stay put on 10.1.1, especially now that I finally got things 'stable', lol

Do you think any other devices, personally I have a iPad 2 mini I would love to JB, will be added to the list at some point?
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StormRoBoT View Post
    iPhone 6 plus will not work?

Im still on 9.0.2 huhu
    Not yet. Read opening post. Phones supported list there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Awesome news!!

But until further info is provided on this JB, especially regarding which devices it will work on,
    Read opening post again. Phones supported are already confirmed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 239 Posts

Is iOS 10.2 still signed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you like my Post please hit the Thanks button on the bottom Left Corner.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2017-01-27), NewD (2017-01-26)

Well, here's what I just did. Still on 10.1.1. Uninstalled "Substrate Fix" in Cydia, then restarted into non JB mode and deleted Mach Portal. Then installed new JB with Cydia Impactor. Phone did a respring but then came back exactly how it was with previous JB. All tweaks working (at least it seems that way so far) and everything themed the way it was as well. AFC2 worked right away (ie: didn't need to do a reinstall).

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2017-01-28), Glawrence33 (2017-01-26), kristatos (2017-01-27), menard_00 (2017-01-26), NewD (2017-01-26), Steroc (2017-02-03)

Damn it, still no support for iPad Air/Mini and iPhone 6!!

The only device I'm not prepared to compromise my JB on is my daily runner iPhone 6s. Still running 9.3.3 on that. Everything else 10.2, iPad Air, Mini 2nd gen and 6....

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sand_man For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2017-01-28), Cmds187 (2017-01-29), Xapi (2017-03-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    Damn it, still no support for iPad Air/Mini and iPhone 6!!

The only device I'm not prepared to compromise my JB on is my daily runner iPhone 6s. Still running 9.3.3 on that. Everything else 10.2, iPad Air, Mini 2nd gen and 6....
    Early reports are that 6S is running beautifully on this 10.2 JB. Not a lot of the problems as the 10.1.1 one.. You shouldn't feel concerned with your daily runner on 'semi-tethered' jailbreaks either.. Just like with 9.3.3 - chance of boot loop is virtually impossible. Always able to reboot into nonJailbroken mode.

EVEN IF something tragic were to go wrong with this JB on your 6S - you could restore to 10.2 now while signing window is still open or when 10.2 window closes, if you've saved your Blobs for your 6S for 10.2 while it's still being signed now, just restore to 10.2.1 and then downgrade to 10.2 with the Prometheus tool and reJB at will.

So now is the time to test the waters while signing window for 10.2 still open.. Zero risk!! Go for it!!

In fact all of you who own 6S, 6SPlus, SE or iPadPro should jailbreak now.. Nothing to lose. 10.2 is still being signed.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Jesus™ (2017-01-27), kristatos (2017-01-27), sand_man (2017-01-26)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Well, here's what I just did. Still on 10.1.1. Uninstalled "Substrate Fix" in Cydia, then restarted into non JB mode and deleted Mach Portal. Then installed new JB with Cydia Impactor. Phone did a respring but then came back exactly how it was with previous JB. All tweaks working (at least it seems that way so far) and everything themed the way it was as well. AFC2 worked right away (ie: didn't need to do a reinstall).
    Sounds great! Good to know new tool doesn't zap away AFC2.. I hope it also keeps SSH working. That disappears in 24-48 hours on the Yalu beta 3 for 10.1.1.

Luca did say this new tool is for 10.0-10.2 - so no surprise there!

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Early reports are that 6S is running beautifully on this 10.2 JB. Not a lot of the problems as the 10.1.1 one.. You shouldn't feel concerned with your daily runner on 'semi-tethered' jailbreaks either.. Just like with 9.3.3 - chance of boot loop is virtually impossible. Always able to reboot into nonJailbroken mode.

EVEN IF something tragic were to go wrong with this JB on your 6S - you could restore to 10.2 now while signing window is still open or when 10.2 window closes, if you've saved your Blobs for your 6S for 10.2 while it's still being signed now, just restore to 10.2.1 and then downgrade to 10.2 with the Prometheus tool and reJB at will.

So now is the time to test the waters while signing window for 10.2 still open.. Zero risk!! Go for it!!

In fact all of you who own 6S, 6SPlus, SE or iPadPro should jailbreak now.. Nothing to lose. 10.2 is still being signed.
    Don't mind the semi tether at all.

More concerned about app compatibility. That's my primary concern. Will do some more research before pulling the trigger.

Really enjoying my 6s on 9.3.3. I had it 6 months before I could jailbreak it so I'm at pains to risk it.

Also don't have a developers account so what's the implication with the certificate on yula JB?

Plus is there a Windows version of Prometheus? Last I checked it was exclusively Mac? Sorry if some of these questions are noob. They've probably been asked and answered numerous times already on this and other threads. I haven't been paying much attention to this latest round of jailbreaks.

Thanks

Don't mind the semi tether at all.

More concerned about app compatibility. That's my primary concern. Will do some more research before pulling the trigger.
    I have 90% of what I had on 9.3.3 back on 10.1.1. Give your list of MUST-haves and I can give you a quick update.
    Really enjoying my 6s on 9.3.3. I had it 6 months before I could jailbreak it so I'm at pains to risk it.

Also don't have a developers account so what's the implication with the certificate on yula JB?
    Have to reload Cert every 7 days. But some developer will eventually come along and re-sign the Cert to 1 year like we have on 9.3.3. Just a matter of time. I set an alarm in my phone for every 6 days.. and just do it before I head to bed that night. No big. Pain in the azz, though.
    Plus is there a Windows version of Prometheus? Last I checked it was exclusively Mac?
    You won't need Prometheus any time soon.. But I think a Windows version is in the works.

Much of it is done right on phone from what I'm reading. Not easy though.. Convoluted on Mac/PC or phone.

Thanks

So it means that I go from 9.0.2 to 10.2? As I have saved SHSH2 blobs.

Is it good to go? Or stay at 9.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    I have 90% of what I had on 9.3.3 back on 10.1.1. Give your list of MUST-haves and I can give you a quick update.
    Have to reload Cert every 7 days. But some developer will eventually come along and re-sign the Cert to 1 year like we have on 9.3.3. Just a matter of time. I set an alarm in my phone for every 6 days.. and just do it before I head to bed that night. No big. Pain in the azz, though.
    Good to know.

1.) speed intensifier
    2.) anemone
    3.) springtomize 3
    4.) boxy 2
    5.) bytafont3 - lato light
    6.) iwidget
    7.) push for gmail
    8.) ccsettings
    9.) folder enhancer
    10.) filza
    11.) Icleaner pro

Lots more but those would form the base of my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by mohseen488 View Post
    So it means that I go from 9.0.2 to 10.2? As I have saved SHSH2 blobs.

Is it good to go? Or stay at 9.0.2

10.2 is still being signed so download the ipsw and upgrade via iTunes, shift/restore and point towards the downloaded ipsw file.

Assuming you not using a 7?

Thanks

10.2 is still being signed so download the ipsw and upgrade via iTunes, shift/restore and point towards the downloaded ipsw file.

Assuming you not using a 7?

No, I use 6S plus iOS 9.0.2

Thanks
    Thanked 4,042 Times in 1,206 Posts

I don't have time to get into a full detailed report, but I just did this for my ipad pro, worked flawlessly (getting a deamon error from anemone, used it anyway, and it applied my theme just fine) I need to run tho, I'll test more when I get back.
    Reckoning - Triptych - Brass Tacks
    White Night and Syren

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravenleigh For This Useful Post:

Glawrence33 (2017-01-26), kristatos (2017-01-27)

Page 1 of 32 123 11 ... LastLast