Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for 10.2 released

Thanks

How? I have to hook up to CPU and redo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    Thanked 16,174 Times in 7,556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    How? I have to hook up to CPU and redo
    He has a re-signed Dev Cert which gives him 1 year - just like the developer who re-signed it. If you wish to buy a developer account with Apple for $99/year - you can have a 1 year cert too. Or maybe find a 'friend' who is a developer and is willing to re-sign a cert for you.

You could also just NEVER reboot your phone. You only need to reCert every 7 days - if you reboot.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Cadexpt (03-18-2017)

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    He has a re-signed Dev Cert which gives him 1 year - just like the developer who re-signed it. If you wish to buy a developer account with Apple for $99/year - you can have a 1 year cert too. Or maybe find a 'friend' who is a developer and is willing to re-sign a cert for you.

You could also just NEVER reboot your phone. You only need to reCert every 7 days - if you reboot.
    I have an iPad Pro on 10.2 with the 1year cert installed. It's very stable but my iPhone 7 on 10.1.1 reboots enough that if I have to reCert every 7 days I'd go crazy! $99 for me was worth the piece of mind.

I don't mind the Semi-tethered, if I want to show someone something on my iPhone but don't want them to know I'm jailbroken, I just reboot my phone and reactivate it after I'm done. Convenient!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cadexpt View Post
    I have an iPad Pro on 10.2 with the 1year cert installed. It's very stable but my iPhone 7 on 10.1.1 reboots enough that if I have to reCert every 7 days I'd go crazy! $99 for me was worth the piece of mind.

I don't mind the Semi-tethered, if I want to show someone something on my iPhone but don't want them to know I'm jailbroken, I just reboot my phone and reactivate it after I'm done. Convenient!
    Yes.. I never want untethered back. I like being able to reboot into non-JB mode too. And it's so much more safe from bootloops too. Untethered JB's produced WAY more jailbreak losses than semi-tethered ever has.

I hope you didn't spend $ on 'two' dev accounts.. Sounded like that from your first sentence above. 1 dev account would have served both your iPadPro on 10.2 AND your iPh7 on 10.1.1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Cadexpt (03-18-2017)

I hope you didn't spend $ on 'two' dev accounts.. Sounded like that from your first sentence above. 1 dev account would have served both your iPadPro on 10.2 AND your iPh7 on 10.1.1.
    NewD thanks for all your inside and knowledge in the JB world! Your in depth knowledge is second to none!

No I only have 1 Dev account. I've been liberating iPhone since my first iPhone 3GS. I like having full control over the iOS, applying themes and tweaks to make it reflect my personality.

Jailbreaking in not for the faint at heart but it's not rocket science either! If your cautious and research what your doing first AND you don't pirate software, you'll wind up with a great customized device that's just as stable as a stock device you started with.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadexpt For This Useful Post:

NewD (03-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 812 Posts

hello alll

-7days.gif

think for all 64 bits and no iPhone 7 ....
    Iphone 6 IOS 8.4 - Iphone 7 IOS 10.1.1

Thanks

Default Jailbreak for 10.2 released
    Quote Originally Posted by jm26200 View Post
    hello alll

-7days.gif

think for all 64 bits and no iPhone 7 ....
    This isn't another JB tool I don't think- just a cert Extender .. in which case there's hope for iPhone 7..

Jailbreakme.com WAS a jailbreak tool - so when Luca invokes that name it seems like he's talking about a new JB tool - but I think he's more referring to a 7 day extending tool for the cert. well... time will tell.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (03-19-2017)

Thanks

So much for that tool

Why?????. just wait for 10.3 to come out....and suddenly all devices have a jailbreak.....untethered ..... what a thought.....wouldn't you like it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (03-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 812 Posts

and maybe must wait more coz read this last news

[Update: after a night of work Luca Todesco stupidly reminded herself that one of the 0day exploits that allows Yalu to function requires to be launched in 32-bit or with a 64-bit mach-o. Therefore jbme102 is canceled or postponed ...]

wait and see..
    Iphone 6 IOS 8.4 - Iphone 7 IOS 10.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Why?????. just wait for 10.3 to come out....and suddenly all devices have a jailbreak.....untethered ..... what a thought.....wouldn't you like it
    This is a pipe dream. Never gonna happen. Luca already said "whoops, I'm wrong" today.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (03-20-2017)

Thanks

Yea bummer.

Hi Dan. Just for clarity - are we calling Impactor "Cydia Extender" now? Because I launched Impactor the other day and it said there was an update to it (.41).. and after that update it's now called Cydia Extender in the window when you launch. So yes / I did install that - but upon launch it won't let type in any fields. On Mac.
    no cydia exender is different, you still need impactor to insall the jailbreak, cydia extender is to resign the yalu app on the iDevice itself, no need for a computer; but saurk made a mistake and you can only sign with it if you have a paid dev account
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    no cydia exender is different, you still need impactor to insall the jailbreak, cydia extender is to resign the yalu app on the iDevice itself, no need for a computer; but saurk made a mistake and you can only sign with it if you have a paid dev account
    Ah.. okay.. but what threw me is that upon launch of Impactor on the computer - in the window where we drag the IPA file to... before .41, it used to say "Android" in there - now it says Cydia Extender. Whats that about?

it's the tool you can install, to resign the yalu app and give it a year cert; if you have a paid dev account

Thanks

it's the tool you can install, to resign the yalu app and give it a year cert; if you have a paid dev account
    Hmm.. Interesting.. as people who have a dev account don't need a resign tool for the Yalu IPA. The Yalu tool just works from the moment you install it as 1 year cert - even in the earlier Impactor apps. Not sure why a dev would need such a feature in the .41 Impactor..

Now the poor 7-day plebes.. We sure could use it.

it's not just for what I said, it's also a way to install Yalu without a computer

edit: sorry posted this by accident, as I hadn't finished typing it
    Last edited by dsg; 03-20-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

it's not just for what I said, it's also a way to install Yalu without a computer
    Okay thanks, Dan.. I may just be a bit confused on this one.. I didn't think Impactor could even be installed on a phone for installing an IPA without a computer.. Bottom line for me.. I have a system that works flawlessly for me to get re-certed if I need.. and I'm never more than an hour away from my computer.. So I'll stick with what I know works. .. Seems like Cydia Extender's been an epic fail on most fronts.. Thanks for your help.

Seems like Cydia Extender's been an epic fail on most fronts
    agreed

I hadn't finished typing when I accidently posted that last post. here it is in full:

it's not just for what I said, it's also a way to install the yalu app without a computer

it was intended to be for the 7-day resign but there was an unforseen issue that it needs a paid dev account to install it.
    I have read there have been issues with it causing boot loops so not good really

you can get it through cydia by adding a repo (more info here), not sure it's worth risking your jailbreak for
    Last edited by dsg; 03-20-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast