Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: JailBreak 10.2 for non-iPhone 7 users on the horizon!

  1. #1
    Green Apple Mookest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 35 Times in 19 Posts

    Default JailBreak 10.2 for non-iPhone 7 users on the horizon!


    If you haven't been keeping up with the news Yalu + Mach_Portal has been in a beta release for some time.
    This is a jailbreak for 10.1.1 for iPhone 7/7+ with some support for iPhone SE. But The infamous Italian Developer Luca Todesco has been making hints to everyone to save their IOS 10.2 SHSH2 blobs before Apple drops IOS 10.2.1. He mentioned about a week ago that there is no plan for a 10.2 jailbreak but you never know.

    Today Luca makes this little tweet that gets the fans all charged up.
    "My fix for the issues in the 10.1 jailbreak will be to add support to 10.2. It will however not work on iPhone 7 on 10.2, just 10 and 10.1."

    Luca hasn't mentioned why this added support of 10.2 doesn't work on iPhone 7 nor has given us a list of supported devices yet, but it does sound promising for most of us on iPhone 6/6+ and iPhone 6s/6s+. If you are jailbroken I suggest you save your SHSH2 blobs so that you can upgrade or downgrade using Prometheus while Apple is still signing 10.2. Link on how are below. Keep smiling ModMyI fans. The future does look bright!

    How to save SHSH2 Blob Redmonpie.com's guide

    Sources:
    Redmondpie
    Luca Todesco Twitter

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mookest For This Useful Post:

    Bo Troxell (2017-01-10), burrzoo (2017-01-10), Rakim (2017-01-11)

  3. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    It doesn't work on the iPhone 7 because of the added security features enabled via kernel patch protection.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    Zokunei (2017-01-12)

  5. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Hi, I am using an un-jailbroken iPhone 6+ with 10.2 firmware. Can I save my SHSH blob using these steps?

  6. #4
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,659
    Thanks
    8,305
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

    Default JailBreak 10.2 for non-iPhone 7 users on the horizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    It doesn't work on the iPhone 7 because of the added security features enabled via kernel patch protection.
    And yet Luca got around that on 10.1.1 for iPhone 7. Interesting... Still hope Luca gives his exploits to Pangu - someone who can build a stabler tool.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    burrzoo (2017-01-17)

  8. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    And yet Luca got around that on 10.1.1 for iPhone 7. Interesting... Still hope Luca gives his exploits to Pangu - someone who can build a stabler tool.
    He mentioned that 10.2 KPP was patched to fix the exploit he used for 10.1.1 but only on iPhone 7.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    burrzoo (2017-01-17)

  10. #6
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,659
    Thanks
    8,305
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    He mentioned that 10.2 KPP was patched to fix the exploit he used for 10.1.1 but only on iPhone 7.
    Yea. I know that. I'm just saying that that doesn't mean that iPhone 7/7+ are unexploitable in 10.2. It just means that the current set of exploits Luca has would be insufficient to the task on 7. Doesn't mean that there aren't other exploits out there that could JB the 7 on 10.2. In fact that's exactly what the chatter is saying.

  11. #7
    Would a jailbreak also work on beta 10.2.1?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper488 For This Useful Post:

    Xapi (2017-01-17)

  13. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Yea. I know that. I'm just saying that that doesn't mean that iPhone 7/7+ are unexploitable in 10.2. It just means that the current set of exploits Luca has would be insufficient to the task on 7. Doesn't mean that there aren't other exploits out there that could JB the 7 on 10.2. In fact that's exactly what the chatter is saying.
    Right and I'm sure Ijapija has one, but he's just not willing to share it or release it.

  14. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Would a jailbreak also work on beta 10.2.1?
    Don't know yet. Ijapija said his exploits work on the latest 10.2.1 beta but he hasn't released anything and Luca has been quiet for a while now.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    menard_00 (2017-01-23), NewD (2017-01-17), Sniper488 (2017-01-17)

  16. #10
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,659
    Thanks
    8,305
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

    Default JailBreak 10.2 for non-iPhone 7 users on the horizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Don't know yet. Ijapija said his exploits work on the latest 10.2.1 beta but he hasn't released anything and Luca has been quiet for a while now.
    Yep. I don't believe Luca has the ability to take 10.1.1 any further nor deliver Gamma (the alleged more stable Yalu that will include more 64bit devices but exclude iPh7/7+).

    I do not believe ijapija will keep to himself forever. And there's another super hush/hush (for now) hacker on the horizon who stabilized Yalu too and will likely not stay silent forever.

    These days - the hackers eventually release to public (or Pangu) - then send the exploits to Apple to get their 200K payout on the Bounty program. Apple writes that agreement that they have to turn in exploits "before" public release of a JB.. but I hear that rule is bendable with Apple. They still want the security holes plugged.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    burrzoo (2017-01-23)

  18. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Yep. I don't believe Luca has the ability to take 10.1.1 any further nor deliver Gamma (the alleged more stable Yalu that will include more 64bit devices but exclude iPh7/7+).

    I do not believe ijapija will keep to himself forever. And there's another super hush/hush (for now) hacker on the horizon who stabilized Yalu too and will likely not stay silent forever.

    These days - the hackers eventually release to public (or Pangu) - then send the exploits to Apple to get their 200K payout on the Bounty program. Apple writes that agreement that they have to turn in exploits "before" public release of a JB.. but I hear that rule is bendable with Apple. They still want the security holes plugged.
    I agree, I think Luca is done. I simply don't think he knows how to make his beta stable, which is why he hasn't responded to anything JB related.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    Bo Troxell (2017-01-18), Cadexpt (2017-01-22), Mookest (2017-01-21), NewD (2017-01-17)

  20. #12
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,659
    Thanks
    8,305
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    I agree, I think Luca is done. I simply don't think he knows how to make his beta stable, which is why he hasn't responded to anything JB related.
    Totally agreed.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    Cadexpt (2017-01-22), Padgoi (2017-01-17), Xapi (2017-01-17)

  22. #13
    Should o stay on 9.3.3 with a stable JB or update in hopes of one?

  23. #14
    Stay where you are, there is always time to update
    Last edited by bbrks; 2017-01-18 at 08:43 PM.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

    Mookest (2017-01-21), NewD (2017-01-18), Padgoi (2017-01-18)

  25. #15
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,659
    Thanks
    8,305
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

    Default JailBreak 10.2 for non-iPhone 7 users on the horizon!
    Agreed. Not possible to move to 10.1.1 anymore which is JB'en. 10.2 is not. Stay on 9.3.3.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    Padgoi (2017-01-18)

  27. #16
    Definitely stay on 9.3.3 its stable

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelisa63 For This Useful Post:

    Padgoi (2017-01-18)

  29. #17
    Thanks guys!!

  30. #18
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,864
    Thanks
    8,101
    Thanked 17,627 Times in 8,017 Posts

    Seems he's still going to release the 10.2 update he talked about while back. No idea when though but then that's it from him.

    https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/st...93730857820160

  31. #19
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Complete nonsense. He's not allowed to publicly say he took the bounty from apple. With that said, I think he legally has to wait for 10.2.1 to drop in order to drop a 10.2 JB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #20
    Stop n think would you take $200K
    Mitch

    iPhone 7
    iPhone 6
    iMac 27 inch
    13-inch Macbook pro
    iPad Air 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •