Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1263

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,430 Times in 7,684 Posts

Default Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    No it didn't work...not a happy bunny now
    I really don't know what to try now as the app didn't work without substrate
    Anyone please?
    When certain apps didn't work for me - just crashed like you're describing - usually Twitter for me - never DropBox. I remove Mach Portal (JB tool). From my phone. Then hard reboot. Then click on app. It starts working again. Then I reinstall a new copy of the JB tool and reJB and all is fine.

IF however you let DropBox update via the App Store. It could have updated to a version that no longer works with iOS 10.1.1. I've had that happen before too. When you stay on an old iOS version a long time - like we do when we're jail broken - sometimes the new updates to app don't work with older iOS. The result is app crashing upon open - like you describe. That happened to me with Tapatalk in 9.0.2.

I always leave auto update of apps turned off. Right now I have 28 apps awaiting update.

The only way out of this is to transfer an older version of DBox back to your phone maybe saved on your last iTunes sync. If not - there is no fix.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

littlelisa63 (2017-05-17)

I've noticed the zoom function in my camera app is totally broken and when you try to use it it renders all other buttons useless. Haven't really tried it in the non JB state but I'll give it a shot. Anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    When certain apps didn't work for me - just crashed like you're describing - usually Twitter for me - never DropBox. I remove Mach Portal (JB tool). From my phone. Then hard reboot. Then click on app. It starts working again. Then I reinstall a new copy of the JB tool and reJB and all is fine.

IF however you let DropBox update via the App Store. It could have updated to a version that no longer works with iOS 10.1.1. I've had that happen before too. When you stay on an old iOS version a long time - like we do when we're jail broken - sometimes the new updates to app don't work with older iOS. The result is app crashing upon open - like you describe. That happened to me with Tapatalk in 9.0.2.

I always leave auto update of apps turned off. Right now I have 28 apps awaiting update.

The only way out of this is to transfer an older version of DBox back to your phone maybe saved on your last iTunes sync. If not - there is no fix.
    Thanks NewD
    That's what I thought...yet my daughters phone is jailbroken and her DP works fine (ip7)
    Do they do different updates for different phones?
    Tia

Thanks

Thanks NewD
    That's what I thought...yet my daughters phone is jailbroken and her DP works fine (ip7)
    Do they do different updates for different phones?
    Tia
    No. If another JB phone on 10.1.1 has most recent version of Dbox working. Then that's not the issue. My DBox is working fine on 7Plus.. but I have the version a couple versions back. Haven't updated it in quite some time. After I JB my phone I turn auto-updating off in AppStore on my phone.

Have you tried using iCleanerPro to turn off ALL Cydia Substrates (tweaks) except Mobile Safety? If the DropBox problem goes away then.. then it's some tweak you have causing the conflict.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Cadexpt (2017-05-18)

No. If another JB phone on 10.1.1 has most recent version of Dbox working. Then that's not the issue. My DBox is working fine on 7Plus.. but I have the version a couple versions back. Haven't updated it in quite some time. After I JB my phone I turn auto-updating off in AppStore on my phone.

Have you tried using iCleanerPro to turn off ALL Cydia Substrates (tweaks) except Mobile Safety? If the DropBox problem goes away then.. then it's some tweak you have causing the conflict.
    NewD,
    Do you mean go into icleanerpro, advanced, cydia substrate add ons and click every single one off except mobile safety??
    Just want to be extra sure?
    Tia

Thanks

NewD,
    Do you mean go into icleanerpro, advanced, cydia substrate add ons and click every single one off except mobile safety??
    Just want to be extra sure?
    Tia
    Exactly. And don't turn off one that bears iCleaner's name either.
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-05-18 at 01:08 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

littlelisa63 (2017-05-18)

Exactly. And don't turn off one that bears iCleaner's name either.
    I did exactly that...and DB worked again,so I've put everything back to normal again and now it doesn't work
    Tia

11. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelisa63 For This Useful Post:

Cadexpt (2017-05-18)

Thanks

I did exactly that...and DB worked again,so I've put everything back to normal again and now it doesn't work
    Tia
    You have to painstakingly turn back on only 1 tweak at a time. Then test DBox.. one at a time.. real pain. Then when DBox stops working.. the last tweak you turned back on is the one conflicting with DBox. Simple. But long process. You gave up before the hard work, Lisa..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

littlelisa63 (2017-05-18)

You have to painstakingly turn back on only 1 tweak at a time. Then test DBox.. one at a time.. real pain. Then when DBox stops working.. the last tweak you turned back on is the one conflicting with DBox. Simple. But long process. You gave up before the hard work, Lisa..
    I sort of gave up hoping that it just might work before starting this process of the each tweak, but must admit forgot about doing that in iCleaner
    Thanks NewD 🏻

Thanks

I sort of gave up hoping that it just might work before starting this process of the each tweak, but must admit forgot about doing that in iCleaner
    Thanks NewD 🏻
    No. problems like this are a real pain in the azz. They take a painstaking couple hours of work.. as you have to start with all tweaks off (DBox working) turning each tweak back on - one by one - respring - test if DBox works. The moment DBox stops working - the last tweak you turned back on - is your conflict tweak. You will find it. It's just a long process. He maybe you get lucky and choose the bad egg early. What I do - is try turning back on the "most recent" tweak I added or updated. That's usually the bugger!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Cadexpt (2017-05-18), littlelisa63 (2017-05-18)

Installed Excuter for Yalub3, and Substrate Enabler for Yalub3, and now phone keeps freezing. Is there something I need to delete or add. All I did was install those 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A tweak called IconCert showed up on Cydia briefly yesterday that added a small text overlay on the Mach portal icon that displayed how much time was left until it expired but it was only for 10.2. I emailed the dev and asked for him to make it for 10.1.1 also but an hour or two later it disappeared completely. It was perfect for lazy people like me and I hope it comes back! Also, my camera zoom works while non JB but still no if it is. Maybe I'll try disabling things in iCleaner to see if it's a tweak. Meantime I'm beginning to think Hewitt is not going to update messages customiser and I'd really also love colorfulKBD to be updated. The blank keyboard and text screen seriously drives me nuts.

I installed it on 10.1.1 as it said for both Yalu & Mach-Portal. It works just fine. But if your really lazy, install Extender: Reloaded by Matchstic. You will need the following repo.

Matchstic's Cydia repository

This will allow you to enter your Apple ID and it will then auto resign your cert at the interval that you choose. The interval is set to time remaining on cert. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

broflok (2017-05-19), trancelikestate (2017-05-19)

Oh yes, iconcert has reappeared. And, with this extender you no longer need a computer and Cydia impactor to resign? It does it automatically? I've installed it and am having a look around. That would be REALLY awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    A tweak called IconCert showed up on Cydia briefly yesterday that added a small text overlay on the Mach portal icon that displayed how much time was left until it expired but it was only for 10.2. I emailed the dev and asked for him to make it for 10.1.1 also but an hour or two later it disappeared completely. It was perfect for lazy people like me and I hope it comes back! Also, my camera zoom works while non JB but still no if it is. Maybe I'll try disabling things in iCleaner to see if it's a tweak. Meantime I'm beginning to think Hewitt is not going to update messages customiser and I'd really also love colorfulKBD to be updated. The blank keyboard and text screen seriously drives me nuts.
    Iconcert had an issue and got pulled briefly. As for Charlie Hewitt tweaks, he's busy with school & not working on tweaks currently. He recently said he might when school is over. The dev of "BetterMessages" is working on improving his tweak to where it'll become a decent MessagesCustomizer replacement

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

NewD (2017-05-19), trancelikestate (2017-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    Oh yes, iconcert has reappeared. And, with this extender you no longer need a computer and Cydia impactor to resign? It does it automatically? I've installed it and am having a look around. That would be REALLY awesome.
    Yes, you do not need a computer to resign.
    Yes, it does it automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Another massive improvement for this JB. Thanks King. All hope is NOT lost!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to trancelikestate For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2017-05-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,633 Times in 8,019 Posts

More stable Mach portal jailbreak seems to have dropped: "www.idownloadblog.com/2017/05/23/iphone-7-plus-stable-jailbreak-ios-1011-extra_recipe-yalux/"

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bliken (2017-05-23), Marty McFly (2017-05-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    More stable Mach portal jailbreak seems to have dropped: iPhone 7 and 7 Plus get a stable jailbreak on iOS 10.1.1 with extra_recipe+yaluX
    Wow.. didn't see that comin'!!

Anyone trying it out yet? Whats backboardd? I know NewD will post his findings ASAP as well as a detailed guide to switch over once recommended because he's the man like that.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trancelikestate For This Useful Post:

Cadexpt (2017-05-24), littlelisa63 (2017-05-24)

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 495758596061 ... LastLast