Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone markotak's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If cydia is crashing then you need to rejailbreak. Might want to reboot first to start fresh, jailbreak, then use substrate fix.
    Could you explain more detailed how to rejailbreak? How to delete cydia?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,591 Times in 8,000 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markotak View Post
    Could you explain more detailed how to rejailbreak? How to delete cydia?
    Don't delete cydia.
    To rejailbreak open the jailbreak app that you installed with impactor.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-06-2017), metaserph (01-06-2017), NewD (01-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Don't delete cydia.
    To rejailbreak open the jailbreak app that you installed with impactor.
    I just reinstall cydia via safari/filza and now its works. Do I need to update cydia to 1.1.28 beta5? Currently is 1.1.26.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to markotak For This Useful Post:

NewD (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,591 Times in 8,000 Posts

I just reinstall cydia via safari/filza and now its works. Do I need to update cydia to 1.1.28 beta5? Currently is 1.1.26.
    You don't need to but it's probably recommended to.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-06-2017), markotak (01-06-2017), metaserph (01-06-2017), Nefarious (01-06-2017), NewD (01-06-2017)

ip 6s tsmc, i have substrate fix, when press SF its respring but when enter the homescreen phone respring again. I cant use any tweak thats depend on substrate.
    Could also be a tweak causing a safemode or reboot
    Can u be more clear about what happens after open phone to home screen? Is it a respring logo (spinning wheel) or respring logo followed by the apple logo (indicator of reboot)?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boots For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-06-2017)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newd View Post
    here’s the main video to walk you through how to get jailbroken..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6w4bazejy

get impactor and the yalu jb tool (mach_portal) from here.. But only use the beta "3" yalu tool from there!!!
    https://yalu.qwertyoruiop.com/

here’s the youtube showing you how to get the substratefix on your phone that will be used in place of any respringing offered in cydia installs, most tweaks (icleanerpro respringing works now) or anemone and & how to use it..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewwurnrajjc

here’s how to fix your lte (not working unless roaming is on after jb tool) and your facetime and imessage not using your phone number anymore to start new conversations - only your appleid email..)
    how to fix lte, facetime, and imessage issues with the yalu jailbreak beta - iclarified
    after you run that - switch facetime and imessage off then back on (in settings) to bring things back to normal. And turn roaming on and back off in settings--> cellular

here are the ‘pitfalls’ you discover along the way running this buggy buggy jb:

1) when you click on the mach portal app - a white screen for 7-10 sec then a "crash" is good (disappear of the app = crash {not to be confused with a safe mode crash}). The crash of the jb tool means you're jb'en. If an auto-reboot happens (you see screen go black then the apple logo - after mach portal app is clicked - it didn't work. You have to click the tool again after the reboot (until you see the white screen crash away after 8-10 sec.

2) if cydia is missing or text in cydia is missing (can't see words) cydia is in an unstable state. Delete the machportal tool from in settings-->general-->devicemanagement and start again using impactor

3) black screen for a long time means something has crashed - hard reboot necessary.
    • on 7/7plus.. Power button + volume down button for 5-8 seconds to hard reboot.
    • on 6s/6splus/se and ipadpro power button + home button for 5-8 seconds then release.. Then power button again to restart.

4) after jb successfully installed you need substrate fix app - from this repo : index of /~ijapija00/cydia
    after it installs - if black screen.. Hard reboot.. Then rejb.

5) now-- try installing nopagedots7 to test if a simple tweak works. But from here on out..
    after any tweak you install with cydia or after making changes from within tweaks like iconoclasm/anemone that require a respring from in the tweak - do not click on |restart springboard| (in cydia) nor on |respring| in other tweaks . Instead -- double click on the home button to bring up app switcher and delete cydia or anemone or, etc from switcher memory - then only and ever use the substrate fix app (single click on it) to respring.
    only exception to that rule (as of 1/1/17) is icleanerpro.

in anemone do click on preview.. But then quit out of switcher and use subfix to respring. Don't hit apply in anemone.

the cert you trusted in settings-->device management after you installed the .ipa file (machportal tool) - will run out in 7 days. Set a calendar event on your phone to go off every 6 days.. At that time - any time during 6th day - go into settings-->general-->devicemanagement and delete the trusted app.. Then simply get back on your computer and reload the machportal (.ipa file) tool.. Retrust the cert in settings-->general-->devicemanagement and rejb using the tool waiting for the white screen crash thingie. And then clik on substrate fix to respring.. All your settings will come back.. You don't need to touch anything with cydia or your tweaks when you reload the cert after 7 days.. They will all be untouched.. And no need to fix lte/imessage or facetime again. All good there too.

there's also a fix for cydia installer now that will allow you to respring from inside of cydia too.. Just update to it when it tells you to. You may need to load saurik's repo to see it.. http://apt.saurik.com/

icleanerpro from ivano's beta website.. Will also let you respring from inside it with no troubles..
    http://ib-soft.net/cydia/beta/

sometimes substrate fix app will also force you into reboot.. Just rejailbreak and hit substrate fix.

this rejb -- and auto-rebooting - thing will sometimes take 5-10 times before you're rejb again.!!!!! Welcome to living wild with this jb..

• be prepared for both ifile and filza to have their own issues. Ifile, if you stay in it tool long, will auto reboot your phone.. And off we go again.. Trying to get rejb.. Things are smoothest on 6s/7 from what we've heard. Plus phones are buggier.

• if you're used to using apple file conduit 2 for use with ifunbox - be prepared to reinstall afc2 after every reboot. It gets knocked out and rendered useless after each reboot. A simple reinstall will make ifunbox see your 'var' folder again from your computer.

• no need to add openssh as it's already a part of the jailbreak tool.

do this at your own risk of time and frustration!!!!

i will not have time to hand-hold people who just want a jb but aren't veterans. Not trying to be mean. Just telling you the reality. This is still a beta jailbreak - meant for developers. Once you get used to its quirks (which veterans can accommodate quickly) you can do just fine. But it's a real frustrating jb at this point.
    lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-06-2017)

Warning. Do not install any stashing Tweaks on iOS 10. This can make big Problems.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KaiTa For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-06-2017), NewD (01-06-2017), Padgoi (01-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Could also be a tweak causing a safemode or reboot
    Can u be more clear about what happens after open phone to home screen? Is it a respring logo (spinning wheel) or respring logo followed by the apple logo (indicator of reboot)?
    It was spinning wheel like classic respring, after reinstall cydia and reinstall substrate fix now is ok. There is issues with lockhtml and filza but this is beta, right!?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to markotak For This Useful Post:

Boots (01-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTa View Post
    Warning. Do not install any stashing Tweaks on iOS 10. This can make big Problems.
    I've done it since day 1 pretty much :/ functions normally for me

Thanks
    Thanked 15,871 Times in 7,389 Posts

It was spinning wheel like classic respring, after reinstall cydia and reinstall substrate fix now is ok. There is issues with lockhtml and filza but this is beta, right!?
    Pretty much "everything" is beta.. right now. But LockHTML has given me no trouble on 10 at all. And Filza can't change permissions or save changes to a file. And iFile can save files but not log you into Dropbox and if you stay in iFile too long it reboots your phone. So both Filza and iFile have problems.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't, I know someone who can!
    GETTING JB'en on 10.1.1 with YALU tool
    UniAW7.1_WW3 for Multi API Weather Sources

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

hemptation (01-06-2017), markotak (01-07-2017)

Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 690 Posts

Some news in case anyone is interested

https://youtu.be/_eWGgkVbeto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This jailbreak makes my head spin like the wheel on the old school macs

21. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (01-07-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pnunez1310 View Post
    Some news in case anyone is interested

https://youtu.be/_eWGgkVbeto

That's a fake website just looking for traffic.. no 10.2 coming any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Pretty much "everything" is beta.. right now. But LockHTML has given me no trouble on 10 at all. And Filza can't change permissions or save changes to a file. And iFile can save files but not log you into Dropbox and if you stay in iFile too long it reboots your phone. So both Filza and iFile have problems.
    You're saying LockHTML works for you? I haven't been able to get anything to show up.

Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 690 Posts

That's a fake website just looking for traffic.. no 10.2 coming any time soon.
    Lol nah bro he's a youtuber he's actually pretty famous he's always giving news on jailbrake. He actually got some news on the upcoming gamma version.

Thanks

Default Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpudding View Post
    You're saying LockHTML works for you? I haven't been able to get anything to show up.
    Did you load the beta version for iOS 10 from his Beta repo? The one in Cydia is totally dead.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Magicpudding (01-06-2017)

Did you load the beta version for iOS 10 from his Beta repo? The one in Cydia is totally dead.
    Just got it. Thanks!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Magicpudding For This Useful Post:

NewD (01-06-2017)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpudding View Post
    LockHTML works for me as well on 7+ 10.1.1.

Default Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.
    I know it's nothing...but pal break works as I couldn't get into PayPal app

31. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelisa63 For This Useful Post:

Boots (01-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pnunez1310 View Post
    Lol nah bro he's a youtuber he's actually pretty famous he's always giving news on jailbrake. He actually got some news on the upcoming gamma version.

I'm well aware of his site and follow him on twitter too. He's only a reporter. And his data is often wrong too. Or at least exaggerated. Esser's gamma project is nothing really to hope for at this point. It bothers me when these places try to direct traffic to their sites when they have no way to deliver anything themselves. If you follow Esser (i0nic) you'll know he's nowhere near delivering anything for 10.2. All vaporware at this point. Nothing to see at this @jailbreakers channel.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (01-07-2017), pnunez1310 (01-07-2017)

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast