Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem is we might not see a fully untethered one again. Beggars can't be choosers and that's exactly what the JB community is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (2017-01-04), NewD (2017-01-04), orangefreddie (2017-01-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,458 Times in 7,694 Posts

Default Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I can understand why a lot of devs are not updating their tweaks for this JB, it's a pretty crummy one. So many things that have gone wrong, semi-tethered, re-jailbreak every 7 days (for most) etc. I actually hope that most wait until we have a full untethered JB to update their stuff, even if it means waiting awhile. To be honest, this is one of the worst JB's ever. I feel like it was rushed out which has caused numerous problems. I still appreciate all the work that was put into it, but its worth holding off until a better more stable untethered one (hopefully) comes along.
    Semi-tethered (like 9.3.3 and 10.1.1) or untethered (many in past) is not an issue of stability at all. 9.3.3 was a superb JB and wasn't untethered. We're likely never getting an untethered again as Padgoi said. So to wait for that would be silly.

I've been on the Yalu JB from the night it was released before Christmas. And though it has some quirks like the early JB's of the distant past.... it is not Firmware losing risky. Once you learn its quirks it works great.

Having said that - Luca finally seems to have open-sourced his code and a beta 5 is in the works with some great talent around the world trying to make this better.

For what it's worth my phone is fully themed with all but 2 of the tweaks I used in 9.3.3 - so there's plenty out there.

This JB needn't be feared by veterans. Noobs steer clear.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2017-01-05), Glawrence33 (2017-01-04), Marty McFly (2017-01-04), orangefreddie (2017-01-04), Padgoi (2017-01-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Semi-tethered (like 9.3.3 and 10.1.1) or untethered (many in past) is not an issue of stability at all. 9.3.3 was a superb JB and wasn't untethered. We're likely never getting an untethered again as Padgoi said. So to wait for that would be silly.

I've been on the Yalu JB from the night it was released before Christmas. And though it has some quirks like the early JB's of the distant past.... it is not Firmware losing risky. Once you learn its quirks it works great.

Having said that - Luca finally seems to have open-sourced his code and a beta 5 is in the works with some great talent around the world trying to make this better.

For what it's worth my phone is fully themed with all but 2 of the tweaks I used in 9.3.3 - so there's plenty out there.

Question - does Anemone work on ios10?

I am in the same boat as NewD. I jailbroke the same day he did. My phone is as themed as it was on iOS 9 with the exception of the odd small thing (like a status bar theme and iMessage bubbles etc) that will come in the next Anemone update. I too am running pretty much everything I ran on iOS 9.0.2 with the exception of HideMeX which is coming soon. I do however usually run fairly lean from a tweak perspective. If you have some knowledge of how this all works and put in a bit of time to learn it's "quirks" as NewD says, it is a functioning and useable jailbreak.

If you are an inexperienced jailbreaker, or someone who likes to pile on lots of tweaks then this is not yet for you.

OpenSource by Luca is great news that should have people more excited / hopeful. There is enough talent and test devices out there to turn Luca's hard work into something that everyone can comfortably use. Patience and or caution has always been the name of the game in iOS Jailbreaks. And the nice thing is there is a lot of experience and help here at MMi for anyone looking to learn.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

Boots (2017-01-05), Glawrence33 (2017-01-04), Marty McFly (2017-01-04), NewD (2017-01-04)

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Question - does Anemone work on ios10?
    Yes. But it doesn't theme iMessage bubbles, clock, calendar and status bar as of right now (and maybe one or two other little things). Although it sounds like that will be coming soon.

This is my 7 plus right now on iOS 10.1.1 with Anemone (AnemoneHTML is even running the UniAW widget)

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2017-01-04), Boots (2017-01-05), Glawrence33 (2017-01-04), Marty McFly (2017-01-04)

Livin the iPhone Life Darrenrooster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 659 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hey Darren,
    Long time no see bro. Hope all is well. With this jailbreak AFC2 needs to be re-installed at every re-boot. Try re-installing and then see if you have root access in iFunbox. It's what I'm using and it works great.
    Hi mate, hope your well. Good to see you still around. i keep trying to reinstalling but keeps saying I need to jailbreak? Do you know of any other software I could try?

I have ifunbox installed on mac and apple conduit 2 on cydia...but when it's launched I go into it and can't get into anything to put themes etc on

Also how did you get iconoclasm, as it has a dependency on app list
    Many thanks if you can help

I've got the funbox and ac2 sorted
    Marty are you on series or el captain?
    Many thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littlelisa63 For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2017-01-04)

Livin the iPhone Life Darrenrooster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 659 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    I've got the funbox and ac2 sorted
    Marty are you on series or el captain?
    Many thanks
    Hi Lisa, what did you do to get it working? Im on a pc so may not work but running out of ideas?

Oh right...I'm on mac, so I haven't done any of it on pc
    Sorry

I did re-installAC 2, then used substrate fix to respring it
    Then it worked for me

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlelisa63 For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (2017-01-04), Marty McFly (2017-01-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    I did re-installAC 2, then used substrate fix to respring it
    Then it worked for me
    That's what you have to do every time after a reboot. A reboot, on this jailbreak, breaks AC2.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

littlelisa63 (2017-01-04), Marty McFly (2017-01-04)

Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 694 Posts

Guys be careful of fake jailbrake someone posted a link of Pangu iOS 10 jailbrake. For 10.2.

https://youtu.be/RIr0j8qG3Ok

https://youtu.be/RIr0j8qG3Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pnunez1310 For This Useful Post:

daddykool (2017-01-04), doomsday116 (2017-02-24), ferris419 (2017-01-04), kristatos (2017-01-04), littlelisa63 (2017-01-04), Marty McFly (2017-01-04)

iPhone? More like MyPhone markotak's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    Yes. But it doesn't theme iMessage bubbles, clock, calendar and status bar as of right now (and maybe one or two other little things). Although it sounds like that will be coming soon.

This is my 7 plus right now on iOS 10.1.1 with Anemone (AnemoneHTML is even running the UniAW widget)

How did u get icons without labels, a tweak one or via Anemone?

I never said semi-tethered or untethered was an issue of stability, I said this particular JB has had a lot of issues and isn't very stable i.e data issues, installing tweaks issues etc which is why they're coming out with so many betas of Yalu JB. I don't think waiting/hoping for an untethered JB is silly at all, we have a lot of smart ppl out there that could find the exploits needed. What makes the untethered JB so great is that veterans and noobs can do it which is what makes jailbreaking so great, it gets more ppl involved which is what we need. Yeah it's great that you can still theme your phone and have a bunch of tweaks, but like you said this JB is for veterans which is one reason why I think this JB is pretty crummy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I never said semi-tethered or untethered was an issue of stability, I said this particular JB has had a lot of issues and isn't very stable i.e data issues, installing tweaks issues etc which is why they're coming out with so many betas of Yalu JB. I don't think waiting/hoping for an untethered JB is silly at all, we have a lot of smart ppl out there that could find the exploits needed. What makes the untethered JB so great is that veterans and noobs can do it which is what makes jailbreaking so great, it gets more ppl involved which is what we need. Yeah it's great that you can still theme your phone and have a bunch of tweaks, but like you said this JB is for veterans which is one reason why I think this JB is pretty crummy.
    Luca already said an untethered JB is not in his plans. Pretty sure if he isn't working on it, no one else is looking for exploits.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Luca already said an untethered JB is not in his plans. Pretty sure if he isn't working on it, no one else is looking for exploits.
    I agree with your assessment… But it's no longer just Luca in the picture. He open sourced his code and now this new guy Sn0w and his team from around the world are involved. Hopefully we'll get some good movement now. But an untether is pretty much a pipe dream now. Gone the way of the unicorn. The exploits needed for an untether are way more involved than the ones for a simple root acces semi-tethered JB, from what I read. Could happen, but doubtful.

Steve-z17 sorta misquoted me again… What I said was that it was "silly to wait" for an untether (ok to hope). It's OK to wait for greater stability of the jailbreak itself but in his first post he seemed to tie stability and tether/untether together from my read. All good. Each to his own.
    Last edited by NewD; 2017-01-04 at 09:46 PM.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2017-01-04), Glawrence33 (2017-01-04), kristatos (2017-01-05), Magicpudding (2017-01-05), Marty McFly (2017-01-04), pnunez1310 (2017-01-04)

Quote Originally Posted by markotak View Post
    How did u get icons without labels, a tweak one or via Anemone?
    The labels are hidden via the info.plist in Anemone.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

jawonder (2017-01-05), markotak (2017-01-05)

But also there is a plist in the "anemone" category of anemone just select it & voila no labels

Difficult time finding the original thread where I got the IconSupport dependency that works in 10. So I just reuploaded deb to my DropBox.

Here is it:

Icon Support for 10
    What does this actually do???
    Obviously to support your icons?
    Does it do anything else
    Tia

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast