Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,407 Times in 7,668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    New version on Cydia released for iOS 10, now you can Respring from Cydia after install .

It's available on Saurik's repo :-

apt.saurik.com/beta/cydia-arm64/
    You tried it? It's beta.. I heard about some bugginess.

I tried this Beta. I got this Error http://i.imgur.com/DTRVV8I.png

Have downgraded to 1.1.27

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTa View Post
    I tried this Beta. I got this Error http://i.imgur.com/DTRVV8I.png

Have downgraded to 1.1.27
    I didn't get your error there.. It installed just fine for me.. But Cydia just crashes now after you install anything. You never see the 'Restart Springboard' message.. It loads your tweak - but then just crashes out of Cydia. I know this is normal behavior for Cydia the first time after an upgrade - but not after installing normal tweaks. So I'm going to assume it's just unstable. BUT -- where did you find 1.1.27? The only downgrade options are 1.1.24~1.1.26?

Thanks

Default AFTER 7-day CERT expires - WHAT NEXT?
    Also, gang.. today I got my first indication that my CERT had expired after the first 7 days period. This is what happens..

Overnight (or middle of day) your phone will auto-reboot. Then when you try to click on MachPortal JB tool - it will immediately crash - instead of going the usual 8-10 seconds before crashing - (which tells you you're JB'en usually).

When you go into Settings-->General - you'll notice that the cert has disappeared - you'll likely have NO Device Management line at all in the General Window. This all means your CERT has expired.

All you need to do is:

1) turn off iCloud on your phone...

2) long press on the MachPortal tool til it started to wiggle - and delete it from your phone.. Leave Cydia and all your tweaks alone - they will be there and fine when you get back.

3) Plug your phone into your computer and launch Cydia Impactor - then drag the YALU beta3 IPA tool on top of Impactor's open window. Enter your AppleID and password as usual..

DONE!.. Then click on Mach Tool to JB.. It may take several times like it did in the past.. where it will auto-reboot. Or Substrate Fix will also send you to an auto-reboot. You know the drill. Just keep trying to reJB and click on Substrate Fix till you see evidence of your JB back and all your tweaks working.

THE FIX you DID to iMessage, FaceTime and LTE with Terminal is NOT needed this time. That fix was only once since you already changed your folder permissions with that fix before. Nothing happened to those permissions when you lost your CERT. So all good there.

Should be that simple gang..

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bliken (2016-12-30), doomsday116 (2017-02-24), jm26200 (2016-12-31), kristatos (2016-12-30), Marty McFly (2016-12-30), orangefreddie (2016-12-31), pnunez1310 (2017-01-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,630 Times in 8,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    I didn't get your error there.. It installed just fine for me.. But Cydia just crashes now after you install anything. You never see the 'Restart Springboard' message.. It loads your tweak - but then just crashes out of Cydia. I know this is normal behavior for Cydia the first time after an upgrade - but not after installing normal tweaks. So I'm going to assume it's just unstable. BUT -- where did you find 1.1.27? The only downgrade options are 1.1.24~1.1.26?
    This is normal behavior now. Saurik talked about this in his list of changes for this beta of Cydia.

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...apt_114_arm64/

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2016-12-31), kristatos (2016-12-30), orangefreddie (2016-12-31)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This is normal behavior now until the respring issue with iOS 10 is fixed. Saurik talked about this in his list of changes for this beta of Cydia.
    So I can assume when Cydia disappears that a respring has occurred and my new tweak is working?

Thanks, Simon!

Thanks

So I can assume when Cydia disappears that a respring has occurred and my new tweak is working?

Thanks, Simon!
    Not sure, read his list. It's a little unclear if that is indeed the case.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewD (2016-12-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

You tried it? It's beta.. I heard about some bugginess.
    Yeah i running it now .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

NewD (2016-12-30)

Thanks

Yeah i running it now .
    When Cydia disappears after a new tweak install without ever showing the Restart Springboard window - has an actual respring occurred launching your new installed tweak? Or do you have to still use Substrate Fix to respring to apply your tweak?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2016-12-30)

Thanks

Thanks, Simon!
    Before when i Respring after installing a tweak i would get stuck on the lock screen and i would have to force reboot and run the JB the Substrate fix to get my tweaks working. Now it repsrings and starts up with everything working .

Not sure if substrate is included mybe it's running off the fix i have installed.

Edit:- Bummer, seems i was just lucky those two times i restart from Cydia .

I still get stuck after install tweaks that requires restart, just tried a few times and got stuck .

You still have to exit Cydia and Respring with the Substrate fix app.
    Last edited by jawonder; 2016-12-30 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks

When Cydia disappears after a new tweak install without ever showing the Restart Springboard window - has an actual respring occurred launching your new installed tweak? Or do you have to still use Substrate Fix to respring to apply your tweak?
    Above

Thanks

Before when i Respring after installing a tweak i would get stuck on the lock screen and i would have to force reboot and run the JB the Substrate fix to get my tweaks working. Now it repsrings and starts up with everything working .

Not sure if substrate is included mybe it's running off the fix i have installed.
    So when you install something new from Cydia - you see the Restart Springboard window at end? Not me.

Thanks

I'm thinking you still need to use the substrate fix to enable whatever tweak you just installed with cydia. The intended crash just stops you from using the restart springboard in cydia which leaves you having to force reboot. That's just a guess though.

Thanks

So when you install something new from Cydia - you see the Restart Springboard window at end? Not me.
    You never got stuck on a blank screen after installing a tweak and clicking on restart from Cydia ?.

Thanks

Default Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released tonight
    You never got stuck on a blank screen after installing a tweak and clicking on restart from Cydia ?.
    Yes. Black screen. Had to hard reboot every time. But that was only the first day last week. As soon as I read about Substrate Fix app - the dev made clear to always clear out of Cydia, any tweaks needing respring and Anemone - via the Switcher first -never hitting respring - but always to respring from Substrate Fix tool. So no I never have respring + autoreboot/black screen of death anymore because I know the prescribed way to avoid it.

But I thought Saurik's 'fix' for Cydia today was supposed to let us respring from within Cydia again with no auto reboot or black screen needing hard reboot. That's still not working. Either you get a disappear crash as Cydia is finished downloading your tweak or you click on restart springboard, which I just saw a moment ago, and it takes you to the dreaded black screen still. So nothing's really fixed with Cydia at all from my use of it at least. I'm rolling back to 1.1.27.

Thanks

Yes. Black screen. Had to hard reboot every time. But that was only the first day last week. As soon as I read about Substrate Fix app - the dev made clear to always clear out of Cydia, any tweaks needing respring and Anemone - via the Switcher first -never hitting respring - but always to respring from Substrate Fix tool. So no I never have respring + autoreboot/black screen of death anymore because I know the prescribed way to avoid it.

But I thought Saurik's 'fix' for Cydia today was supposed to let us respring from within Cydia again with no auto reboot or black screen needing hard reboot. That's still not working. Either you get a disappear crash as Cydia is finished downloading your tweak or you click on restart springboard, which I just saw a moment ago, and it takes you to the dreaded black screen still. So nothing's really fixed with Cydia at all from my use of it at least. I'm rolling back to 1.1.27.
    Yeah and that's what i tested it it for to see if that was fix. I know not to restart from Cydia that was well known .

I thought you where saying you don't have that problem because you would be the only one who doesn't.

Thanks

Yeah and that's what i tested it it for to see if that was fix. I know not to restart from Cydia that was well known .

I thought you where saying you don't have that problem because you would be the only one who doesn't.
    Yeah. Can't ever respring from within Cydia. What I asked you originally was - does 1.1.28 fix that. It evidently doesn't..

Thanks

Well it does fix the need for fancy swiping to get into your cydia account.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

jawonder (2016-12-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Well it does fix the need for fancy swiping to get into your cydia account.
    Yes! That is a step in right direction, thank you, Saurik!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

orangefreddie (2016-12-31)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Not possible to jailbreak 10.0.2 iPhone 7 right . Got one in jet black on 10.1.1 and exchanged it for a matte black on 10.0.2 so sad lol . Should of kept the first one

Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast