Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Yeah. Not sure why Infinidock is getting a bad name..
    I agree. This jailbreak is only unstable if you don't research and verify the tweak being installed will work. I've been jailbroken since the fist few days it was released. I've not had any problems. I have an iPhone 7 with Activator, Anemone, AFC2, Badge Customizer, Barrel, Filza File Manager, iCleaner Pro, icon renamed, MovieBox, MTeminal, Open SSH, Pro Tube, Shy Page Dots, and tsProtector +. I've never had an issue! Stable as any previous JB.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,559 Times in 7,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cadexpt View Post
    I agree. This jailbreak is only unstable if you don't research and verify the tweak being installed will work. I've been jailbroken since the fist few days it was released. I've not had any problems. I have an iPhone 7 with Activator, Anemone, AFC2, Badge Customizer, Barrel, Filza File Manager, iCleaner Pro, icon renamed, MovieBox, MTeminal, Open SSH, Pro Tube, Shy Page Dots, and tsProtector +. I've never had an issue! Stable as any previous JB.
    So you've had absolutely no reboots?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    So you've had absolutely no reboots?
    None. I did have to understand not to respring from within Cydia. Once the tweak is installed, click out of Cydia and click on Substrate Fix to respring. Works flawlessly everytime! I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,522 Times in 7,218 Posts

None. I did have to understand not to respring from within Cydia. Once the tweak is installed, click out of Cydia and click on Substrate Fix to respring. Works flawlessly everytime! I hope this helps.
    I'll bet you don't use:
    Passcode/Touch ID
    Background App Refresh
    Push Mail

... right?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't, I know someone who can!
    GETTING JB'en on 10.1.1 with YALU tool
    UniAW7.1_WW3 for Multi API Weather Sources

Default Jailbreak for iOS 10.0-10.1.1 released.
    I'll bet you don't use:
    Passcode/Touch ID
    Background App Refresh
    Push Mail

... right?
    Actually I have all of them enabled. I have a passcode and Touch ID enabled with Apple Pay enabled too. I also have an Exchange email account for work, a personal gmail account and my own private hosted email account enabled on the phone using push mail. All of my apps update automatically in the background. I did install the Apple TvOS Beta Software Profile to prevent the automatic update from occurring. I also use the Cydia Impactor and the mach_portal to reapply my developer certificate. I do this without turning off find my iPhone or disabling my passcode or Touch ID.

NewD thanks for your insightful input on this thread. Your comments along with others like Padgoi have been spot on!
    Last edited by Cadexpt; Today at 01:34 AM.

Thanks

Actually I have all of them enabled. I have a passcode and Touch ID enabled with Apple Pay enabled too. I also have an Exchange email account for work, a personal gmail account and my own private hosted email account enabled on the phone using push mail. All of my apps update automatically in the background. I did install the Apple TvOS Beta Software Profile to prevent the automatic update from occurring. I also use the Cydia Impactor and the mach_portal to reapply my developer certificate. I do this without turning off find my iPhone or disabling my passcode or Touch ID.

NewD thanks for your insightful input on this thread. Your comments along with others like Padgoi have been spot on!
    Wow. Interesting! Glad your so stable on 7. I've heard other iPhone 7 users not being anywhere near as stable as you describe. I've also been just fine on this JB on 7Plus which is consistent with the other 7Plus users I've chatted with. iFile was the main cause of my auto-reboots in the early days of the JB. Once I got rid of it.. no more reboots. In fact it's been almost 3 weeks now with none.

Of course respringing in any app or Cydia will cause a reboot or a freeze - because killing backboardd is not possible in this JB.

As long as you know what to steer clear of in this JB you can have pretty rock steady stability.

What's the key to getting activator working?

Wow. Interesting! Glad your so stable on 7. I've heard other iPhone 7 users not being anywhere near as stable as you describe. I've also been just fine on this JB on 7Plus which is consistent with the other 7Plus users I've chatted with. iFile was the main cause of my auto-reboots in the early days of the JB. Once I got rid of it.. no more reboots. In fact it's been almost 3 weeks now with none.

Of course respringing in any app or Cydia will cause a reboot or a freeze - because killing backboardd is not possible in this JB.

As long as you know what to steer clear of in this JB you can have pretty rock steady stability.
    I too use to use iFile then switched to Filza. More for a personal preference than anything else. I'm now waiting for Cydia to get out of beta and purchases to be restored.

No. This JB does NOT work on iPhone 6. Maybe skymasterdk meant 6S.

Only works on:
    7/7Plus
    6S/6SPlus
    SE
    Yes sorry 6s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 17,559 Times in 7,984 Posts

What gb is your i7?

Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    What's the key to getting activator working?
    Ryan issued an update to Activator that helped resolve the iOS 10 stability issues.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Respringing in Cydia works fine if you get the Cydia respring fix tweak.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

NewD (Today)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Ryan issued an update to Activator that helped resolve the iOS 10 stability issues.
    True, but some of the functions in Activator beta still don't work, such as respringing and safe mode.

So basically what I'm gathering is, the 10.1.1 JB is pretty much dead in the water and folks are hoping for 10.2. But since 10.1.1 is beta only no one is in a rush to update their tweaks. I assume they inevitably will in the event no other Jailbreaks come which is sounding most likely at this point? I still have this iP7 sitting here with the beta 3 on it and nothing else yet but am tempted to just add the substrate fix and whatever else works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Respringing in Cydia works fine if you get the Cydia respring fix tweak.
    I already know that - been using it for weeks. Just trying to keep it simple for as many as possible. Trying to help folks in this thread walk before they run.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (Today)

I'm still experiencing frequent reboots with just the beta installed. Would the stability improve with the substrate and imessage fixes? This is the first time I've had two models with swappable sim cards so until the 7 is running to my liking I'm still rocking the 6 on 8.3.3 so it feels more free. I'm just worried about risking my 10.1.1 but I'm not going to go install crazy that's for sure.

Edit: I do have passcode, app background refresh and mail push deactivated.

I needed to install the repo.

My LTE and iMessages still seems to work without the fix but I don't have a mac anyway. Has that been reported yet?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627