Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS10 Jailbreak by Pangu does not seem to be anytime in the near future.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    This is 10 days old and this site has really gone downhill. I always relied on it for news and information and now there's only one news article in the past 10 days? Any other good sites someone can recommend?
    This site has been going downhill for a minute now. Ever since all the original writers left it's been bad. No exciting articles, or if they are then it's very rare.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,512 Times in 7,584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    This site has been going downhill for a minute now. Ever since all the original writers left it's been bad. No exciting articles, or if they are then it's very rare.
    We do have a new News writer and things should be changing for the better real soon. Don't give up on us. Just going through a transition.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2016-12-08), thomasis (2017-01-21)

Thanks

Any jailbreak progress it's been a long time now

Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    Any jailbreak progress it's been a long time now
    Supposedly pangu or others are waiting for iOS 10.2 to be released, but don't hold your breath

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2016-12-08)

Thanks

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, 10.2 was released and the only thing we have is a beta for 10.1.1 that, while functioning, isn't reliable at all. I'm also hearing rumors that Pangu won't be releasing because they had to sign a waiver saying they wouldn't release another jailbreak after collecting their bounty from the apple bounty program. Looks like we have to rely on Luca for now.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,401 Times in 7,664 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Lol, 10.2 was released and the only thing we have is a beta for 10.1.1 that, while functioning, isn't reliable at all. I'm also hearing rumors that Pangu won't be releasing because they had to sign a waiver saying they wouldn't release another jailbreak after collecting their bounty from the apple bounty program. Looks like we have to rely on Luca for now.
    I wondered how that bounty program worked... find an exploit or two.. release a JB publicly... send exploits to Apple.... 200K payday... "rinse & repeat".... lol..

But Apple makes you sign a waiver.... after the payday. Hmmm.. makes legal sense. Wonder how enforceable it is though..

Italian hacker Luca Todesco is just about to do it again. After his Yalu iOS 10 – 10.1.1 jailbreak beta went viral last month, Todesco is extending the tool to include an iOS 10.2 jailbreak. Todesco didn’t say when he’d be dropping the update to the existing Yalu jailbreak, but Todesco typically doesn’t tweet about it until he’s in the final stages. That means a matter of days.

Luca Todesco iOS 10.2 Jailbreak Coming, Don't Upgrade to iOS 10.2.1 or 10.3 - 1redDrop
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Italian hacker Luca Todesco is just about to do it again. After his Yalu iOS 10 – 10.1.1 jailbreak beta went viral last month, Todesco is extending the tool to include an iOS 10.2 jailbreak. Todesco didn’t say when he’d be dropping the update to the existing Yalu jailbreak, but Todesco typically doesn’t tweet about it until he’s in the final stages. That means a matter of days.

Luca Todesco iOS 10.2 Jailbreak Coming, Don't Upgrade to iOS 10.2.1 or 10.3 - 1redDrop
    Old news. Broke on Twitter 2 weeks ago.. Luca is taking his time again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Indeed, he said this a while ago. Saurik also said that there's no guarantee Luca will even be releasing a gamma. Regardless, Luca seems to be in no rush to fix his work and while I am pleased he dropped something, I must say the lack of accountability for his work is disappointing.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,627 Times in 8,017 Posts

Time must move differently on your planet lol jk

https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/st...76943982579713

Maybe 4 days without a stable jailbreak feels like 2 weeks, I'm with you there lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2017-01-11)

Thanks

Default iOS10 Jailbreak by Pangu does not seem to be anytime in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Time must move differently on your planet lol jk

https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/st...76943982579713

Maybe 4 days without a stable jailbreak feels like 2 weeks, I'm with you there lol.
    Yes, I'm sorry… I tend to overstate time things… The point is in a 24/7 tech news cycle and with Twitter - for someone to post something even 4 days after the news actually broke… Seems like a gargantuan gap… lol ..All I know is that that article was "late to the gate"… ;-)

But I'm not experiencing any instability that makes me want 10.2 immediately. The only thing the 10.2 betas had for me that 10.1.1 doesn't is the smooth scrolling of list windows. I had jittery scrolling animation even stock on 10.1.1… And all of that jumpy scrolling was gone in 10.2. So I'm looking forward to a 10.2 jailbreak like the next guy… But for different reasons than you and your rough experience with your 7. I would be very frustrated like you are.

Thanks

Default iOS10 Jailbreak by Pangu does not seem to be anytime in the near future.
    Indeed, he said this a while ago. Saurik also said that there's no guarantee Luca will even be releasing a gamma. Regardless, Luca seems to be in no rush to fix his work and while I am pleased he dropped something, I must say the lack of accountability for his work is disappointing.
    What specifically did Luca "drop" again? (Recently... I have seen nothing new)..

Thanks

What specifically did Luca "drop" again? (Recently... I have seen nothing new)..
    Nothing, I was referring to his 10.1.1 beta JB.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

NewD (2017-01-11)

Thanks

Nothing, I was referring to his 10.1.1 beta JB.
    Aaah...

Thanks

Why did this never make it to the front page of the site?

Probably because it's a click bait article and contains nothing but complete speculation ("wild guesses" is probably more accurate really)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12