Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 10 update is causing major problems for some users.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I have not updated and won't. I have an iPhone 7 coming tomorrow and can test iOS 10 at that time :]
    iOS 10 may work great on iPhone 7, but anything below iPhone 7 I would probably not "upgrade".
    Apple makes it so that when the new phone comes out they upgrade the new iOS to run poorly on the older phones, this happens every time since the second iPhone was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    iOS 10 may work great on iPhone 7, but anything below iPhone 7 I would probably not "upgrade".
    Apple makes it so that when the new phone comes out they upgrade the new iOS to run poorly on the older phones, this happens every time since the second iPhone was introduced.
    Works perfectly on my iPhone 6

Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 10 update is causing major problems for some users.
    Yes various tests (ArsTechnica, EverythingApplePro) have shown that iOS 10 is a little faster than iOS 9.3.x on 6/6s series and negligibly slower (much less than usual) on older devices.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2016-09-15)

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Loving ios10 on my 6s+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I still have the 5S, so no iOS 10 for me. Im good on 9.3.3 with the JB.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to systememp For This Useful Post:

MOJO5873 (2016-10-01)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dphillipds View Post
    It may be working right now, but things do not go wrong until you use the phone for a while.
    I remember my phone work just as fast as iOS 9.3 when I upgraded to 9.3.3 initially, but after some intense usage 9.3.3 made me reboot my phone 6 times since its installation when I only rebooted 9.3 once maybe twice since I bought my iPhone 6+.
    It never happens right after installing/upgrading lets see how well it runs after a while.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by systememp View Post
    I've upgraded an 5S to 10 for owner of the company (he likes smaller size phone), slowing down the phone is immediately noticeable. It was ok for him because he is an older gentleman so he is usually slower when using tech stuff.

I have ios 10 on my iphone 5
    Its company phone
    But no issues whatsoever
    Seems just as fast

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad mini 3. My wife has an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini 3, all of them freeze up from a few seconds to 30 seconds. My iPad did this immediately after iOS 10 install. My iPhone started it today. Has anyone experienced these issues with their eye iDevices?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,524 Times in 7,588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by echoes49 View Post
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad mini 3. My wife has an iPhone 6 and an iPad mini 3, all of them freeze up from a few seconds to 30 seconds. My iPad did this immediately after iOS 10 install. My iPhone started it today. Has anyone experienced these issues with their eye iDevices?
    Were you jailbroken prior to updating? Have you tried restoring you devices to see if that cures the issue. I did some searching and found nothing on what your describing. Only that some devices froze in Recovery mode while trying to update to iOS 10.

Updated to IOS 10 OTA with no issues at all.

I've upgraded an 5S to 10 for owner of the company (he likes smaller size phone), slowing down the phone is immediately noticeable. It was ok for him because he is an older gentleman so he is usually slower when using tech stuff.
    The other day I saw a 2015 Toyota Camry on the side of the road with a flat tire. From this I can objectively state that Not only do all older Camrys have problems with tires, but also Toyota makes this happen on purpose to increase sales.

Same evidence you provide for the same conclusion. See how stupid it sounds?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by systememp View Post
    I left mine on 8.4 because I hated what iOS 9 did to my iPad.. I'm glad I did. But I just picked up a 6s with 9.3.2, and I like iOS 9 on the device it was designed for. I probably won't upgrade to 10.

I really don't like Siri the way that it is though, I liked it better on iOS 8, I liked it the most on iOS 6. Dictation doesn't work as well as it did in iOS 8 I use it all the time

In fact I liked all the little graphics things in iOS 6 I think that was the best looking iOS ever.
    Last edited by XweAponX; 2016-09-17 at 10:11 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to XweAponX For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Were you jailbroken prior to updating? Have you tried restoring you devices to see if that cures the issue. I did some searching and found nothing on what your describing. Only that some devices froze in Recovery mode while trying to update to iOS 10.
    No. Non of these devices have ever been JB. Also when typing, it slows down. Then a few seconds later it catches up all at once. Am going to take my iPad, which has this problem the most and DFU a reinstall from iTunes tomorrow.

What's with this site? Launch day has gone and passed and no updates on anything here

Thanks
    Thanked 12,524 Times in 7,588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    What's with this site? Launch day has gone and passed and no updates on anything here
    Hang in there with us. New and awesome changes coming. Could perhaps even begin tomorrow...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (2016-09-19), infamous12550 (2016-09-19), Rakim (2016-09-19), Sage I (2016-09-20)

Still only AirPlay to Apple TV. How primitive!! Can't even play videos to my smart TV. Apple IOS is a backward system!!

Problem with not updating is when you want a new released app, apple requires the Dev to require the new OS, at least its been that way before.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dphillipds View Post
    Give it some time you'll see

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Problem with not updating is when you want a new released app, apple requires the Dev to require the new OS, at least its been that way before.
    It use to not be this way. Apple is getting so paranoid about stuff. Sometimes i have to scratch my head and wonder "is this the same company that aired the 1984 commercial?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast