+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Report Claims Reversible USB Cables Won't Be Ready for iPhone 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It was just over the weekend that we reported on a possible revamped USB power adapter for Apple’s next generation iPhone 6. However, sources are now claiming that the adapter
    Thanks

Default New Report Claims Reversible USB Cables Won't Be Ready for iPhone 6

It was just over the weekend that we reported on a possible revamped USB power adapter for Apple’s next generation iPhone 6. However, sources are now claiming that the adapter may be ready in time, but the new lightning cable with a reversible USB connector won’t be. Third party Apple retailer, Moca.co, reported that the reversible cable has yet to even be ordered by Apple. According to Moca.co,

We are informed by the Official Appointed Manufacturer of Apple that the new Reversible USB Cable will not be released together with upcoming iPhone 6 and Apple has not placed any order with them yet. Apple fans will not be able to get the MFi version of this revolutionary cable from Apple this year but that is not the end of the story.
    Apparently, the Cupertino-based company has yet to move forward with orders from the manufacturer even though they had sent samples to Apple for approval. And even if it does get approved at this rate, it will reportedly take a few months before it’s ready and can be purchased by consumers. Moca.co however, has reported that the redesigned power adapter will come with the next-generation iPhone 6. The new power adapter is supposed to have a 2A maximum output, “save you up to 30% charging time,” and have 2x the output of current adapters that come with the devices.

Are you excited for the next generation iPhone 6? We’re only 2 weeks away from Apple’s big announcement on September 9th.

Source: Moca.co

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I feel like apple asked for samples to go with a cheaper manufacturer. LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A seller was selling them on eBay just last week for $100 a cable lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

"Won't be ready"

Where does it say they won't be ready. It says Apple hasn't even ordered them. This isn't even new technology, reversible USB cables have existed for quite sometime, this is simply adding a lightning plug to the other end, it's really not a hard task nor is this cable "Revolutionary".

Do people realize you can already buy reversible USB cables? This "revolutionary" design look familiar to anyone? Tripp Lite 10ft USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Universal Reversible Cable M/M 10' - UR020-010 - USB Cables - CDW.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    "Won't be ready"

Where does it say they won't be ready. It says Apple hasn't even ordered them. This isn't even new technology, reversible USB cables have existed for quite sometime, this is simply adding a lightning plug to the other end, it's really not a hard task nor is this cable "Revolutionary".

Do people realize you can already buy reversible USB cables? This "revolutionary" design look familiar to anyone? Tripp Lite 10ft USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Universal Reversible Cable M/M 10' - UR020-010 - USB Cables - CDW.com
    Preach!

Banned
    Thanks
    Since when has Apple done the normal thing? Never so whats different with this?

Thanks
    I think Apple should also think of improving the quality of the lightning cable as the cable are easily damage.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Please have something more then a reversible cable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So apple are abandoning the lightning cable? More bloody cables to buy. Great. Lightning works well and micro USB feels shoddy as anything

My iPhone is a Part of Me SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    So apple are abandoning the lightning cable? More bloody cables to buy. Great. Lightning works well and micro USB feels shoddy as anything
    No, this report says they won't be using reversible USB. The lightning cable will still be used, but the USB portion won't be reversible.