Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'VolumeStatus' Puts a Volume Icon in Your Status Bar in iOS 7

Default 'VolumeStatus' Puts a Volume Icon in Your Status Bar in iOS 7

Have you ever wished that there was a way to see what your volume level was without having to open up the volume HUD by pressing a button, or having to open Control Center? Wouldn't it be nice to always have a way to tell what your volume level was right from the Status Bar so you could adjust it if necessary?

That's where a new free jailbreak tweak called VolumeStatus by iOS developer Rabih M comes in.

As shown above, this tweak puts an icon in your Status Bar that indicates your volume level. At a higher volume level , 4 volume lines are shown, at a moderate volume level, 3 volume lines are shown, at a higher than normal volume level, 2 volume lines are shown, and at a low volume level, 1 volume line is shown. When your volume is completely turned down, there are no volume lines.

With the indicator always showing in the Status Bar, you'll always know what your volume level is before you actually start playing anything.

You can enable or disable the tweak on demand from the toggle switch in the Settings application:

The icon is nicely polished and does a great job of showing you, from anywhere in iOS, what your volume level is before you go adjusting it. If you would like to give VolumeStatus a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required for the installation.

Name: VolumeStatus
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, Open, libstatusbar
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Rabih M.
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Isn't working for me. Shows status bar icon. But doesn't change with the volume level. On 7.1.1 iphone 5

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Isn't working for me. Shows status bar icon. But doesn't change with the volume level. On 7.1.1 iphone 5
    same for me, on 7.1.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here - doesn't seem to update the icon on 64-bit devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Same here - doesn't seem to update the icon on 64-bit devices.
    I don't think the iphone 5 is a 64 bit device. Aren't those only the 5s and the new iPad Air?

Cool if it could show the percent.

Default 'VolumeStatus' Puts a Volume Icon in Your Status Bar in iOS 7
    Works for me just done 7.1.2 5S
    Check for conflicting status bar tweaks

Edit: it only shows media volume level, NOT ringer volume. Hope this clears up some confusion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twahl3583 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (08-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Same here iphone 5s

Make sure that all of you guys are using media volume NOT ringer volume.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the point of the tweak if it doesn't show ringer volume? It should update based on whatever I accessed last.

My iPhone is a Part of Me SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    What's the point of the tweak if it doesn't show ringer volume? It should update based on whatever I accessed last.
    I prefer media volume, but perhaps a toggle in settings for which one it uses.