Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: United Airlines Rolls Out New Feature to it's iOS App

Thanks

Default United Airlines Rolls Out New Feature to it's iOS App

For those who travel a lot, you would understand the annoyance of having to line up for check-in before being allowed to fly and be on your way to a nice vacation. For all international flyers, you understand the fact that printing out your own boarding pass at home is almost useless. This is the case because you still have to queue up in line so the airline can verify that it’s you and take care of your luggage issue. However, travelers are in luck because major airline United Airlines is looking to end the long wait times for check-in. They are looking to add a scan and verify your passport feature to its mobile app so that travelers can just go straight to the gate at the airport and wait to board.

After having scanned your passport with your iOS device, the information would get sent to a company that verifies your information is all correct and valid. This company is called Jumio Inc. and once everything is verified, you can then download the boarding pass for your flight. See how hassle free that sounds? What makes it even quicker is that if you are a registered user with United Airlines from other international flights, your information would be automatically verified so you don’t have to scan again.

The only downside to this app is that if you travel on a visa, then this will not yet work for you. The app currently does not support visa verification and queuing up in line is your only option for now.

The United Airlines app is 37.2 MB and can be downloaded for free from Apple’s iTunes.

Source: iTunes
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 08-08-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

...downloading it now....

It's = contraction for it is or it has

Its = possession
    Last edited by exNavy; 08-08-2014 at 06:35 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (08-08-2014), HovikGas (08-09-2014)

How about privacy issues? I wouldn't feel comfortable letting my ipad scan my passport and send it somewhere, what if there's some spyware lurking in the background.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see this one yet in my update list. BUT there is an updated ModMyi app!