Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung to Host 'Unpacked' Event 6 Days Before Apple's Rumored September 9th Event

Thanks

Default Samsung to Host 'Unpacked' Event 6 Days Before Apple's Rumored September 9th Event

It was just recently that rumors started circulating the web that Apple would be holding an event on September 9th to announce the upcoming iPhone 6. However, it seems Korean-based company Samsung is looking to capture the crowd with their “Unpacked” event, said to be held 6 days before Apple’s. At Samsung’s event, the company is expected to announce their next generation Note 4. Note the date invitations for September 3rd were sent out this week where the Korean-based company will be hosting events in New York, Berlin, and Beijing at the same time.

Rumors have also been going around saying Apple would be releasing a 5.5-inch ‘phablet’ this year along with the 4.7-inch. We’re sure this rumor will be settled at the September 9th event. According to previous years, Apple has always opened their newest device to the public 10 days after announcing it. If this year were to follow previous trends, the iPhone 6 would be launched on September 19th.

Samsung’s anticipated new Galaxy Note is said to have a ‘premium’ feel and be water resistant, similar to the Galaxy S4. However, even though the Korean-based company’s event is set to take place before Apple’s, the device itself may not release before the iPhone 6. Previously, the Note 3 was announced at an event on September 4th but was not released to the public until September 25th. This marked a 3-week gap in between the two.

Which device do you think will be more popular this year? Let us know your thoughts below.

Source: CNet

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

So... If they don't want to wait in line to see Apple launch the iPhone 6, or couldn't get tickets, they can go to Samsung's event!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is good. So this means Samsung won't copy what Apple does this time...right guis?

Samsung will ALWAYS imitate apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    This is good. So this means Samsung won't copy what Apple does this time...right guis?
    Who is guis ? Or are you speaking to a Graphical User Interface ?

Just goes to show, Samsung is really feeling to heat now. Samsung, if you're not coming up with original ideas, you can't keep copying Apple forever. Apple announces something and Samsung races to spit out a half cocked product.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Why does this site post so much Samsung news? LOL

moves like this just make Samsung wreak of insecurity (not that their commercials don't already) and flies in the face of their stance that they're products are superior. The only reaosn to do this it hope to capture the attention and commitment of someone before you think something better might come along you're device can't compete with.

Also, if you really want to know what will come out of the Samsung event: I'll give you the exclusive preview:
    - screen size bump by 0.1"
    - moderate speed bump
    - more gimmicky apps nobody will really use after day 1.

You're welcome.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    moves like this just make Samsung wreak of insecurity (not that their commercials don't already) and flies in the face of their stance that they're products are superior. The only reaosn to do this it hope to capture the attention and commitment of someone before you think something better might come along you're device can't compete with.

Also, if you really want to know what will come out of the Samsung event: I'll give you the exclusive preview:
    - screen size bump by 0.1"
    - moderate speed bump
    - more gimmicky apps nobody will really use after day 1.

You're welcome.
    Wait don't forget about the same snapdragon Processor and lets see? And maybe update to 3GB ram to help run all the useless crap LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Wait don't forget about the same snapdragon Processor and lets see? And maybe update to 3GB ram to help run all the useless crap LMAO
    LOL, you are correct but the note 3 already has 3 GB of RAM. I'm not sure they will bump that up any as the phone is already pretty damn fast. However, let's not pretend that Apple doesn't do the same thing with their incremental updates with devices. The always release "S" models which is the exact same phone with a few extra features. LOL. The truth is, smart phones do so much now as it is, it's hard for them to come up with new groundbreaking technology every 12 months.