Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor Claims iPhone 6 Will Sport a Larger Battery

Thanks

Default Rumor Claims iPhone 6 Will Sport a Larger Battery

Reports are claiming that there may be a larger battery along with Apple’s expected larger 4.7-inch iPhone 6. Analyst Sun Chang Xu posted to Chinese social media website Weibo, a message noting that the unreleased iPhone will sport a 2100mAh battery. If this is truly the case, it will mark a 45.8% increase compared to the iPhone 5s’ 1440mAh current battery. This rumor could actually work if Apple were to make other internal components smaller and have a larger display with more internal space.

A few weeks ago in leaked photos that were circulating the Internet, a 1810mAh battery was featured for the upcoming iPhone 6. However, Sun noted that the smaller battery was used for testing purposes only. The rumored 2100mAh is 660mAh bigger than the current one in the iPhone 5s. This isn’t the only rumored upgrade in regards to the highly anticipated device expected to launch this fall.

We will just have to wait and see what Apple has in store for us when the Cupertino-based company makes their announcement at the expected September 9th event.

Source: Weibo, GforGames

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

A bigger battery for a bigger phone and screen size?

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Raptor2213 For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (08-06-2014), NSXrebel (08-06-2014), PiiNeDa323 (08-10-2014), Silverado1987 (08-06-2014), TDH Advocate (08-06-2014), TrickKiste (08-06-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

i bigger battery on a phone that officially doesn't even exist.. love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    A bigger battery for a bigger phone and screen size?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

i mean seriously? you didn't know? come on!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ModMyi has fallen off...worst front page reports now a days. Bigger phone with a bigger battery? No way I would have never guessed that

We landed on the moon!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justinpotter81 For This Useful Post:

NSXrebel (08-07-2014)

Anyone surprised by these news needs to get checked for idiocy, this has to be the most obvious news in a while…

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

scroogelives (08-07-2014)

Every year it's the same " bigger battery spill" then every year we Ll complain in the battery life... Never ending cycle

I believe it takes more power to operate a bigger screen and a more powerful cpu/gpu. So bigger battery does not necessarily mean more battery time. It will most probably be a requirement for the phone in order to be able ro use is for a decent period of time before looking for a power plug.

Yeah each of Apple's advancements in battery size capacity have only and ever been equaled by a more glutty firmware that uses up all the extra. Or let's not forget the screen size is larger (allegedly) which will take more battery to power that. We will get no "net gains" out of this 2100Mh battery. That is if it exists…
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!