Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple’s iPhone 5s Will Be a Part of the Screen Replacement Program Starting Monday

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,348
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 143 Times in 128 Posts

    Default Apple’s iPhone 5s Will Be a Part of the Screen Replacement Program Starting Monday


    It has been reported that starting Monday, iPhone repair services will extend to have screen replacements of the iPhone 5s in Apple Stores. The move is being made in an effort to help reduce overall costs and turnover rates for the device. The screen replacement service for the 5s will be given the same options as the iPhone 5 and 5c.

    The source that provided information regarding the new program notes that users will be given the option to replace iPhone 5s screens on devices that don’t have water damage or other failures. If serious damage is noticed in the device, customers will still be forced to send out their phones to either get serviced or replaced.

    Customers who are already under the AppleCare+ warranty, will only have to pay $79 + tax whereas not much information was given for those who aren't covered. Screen replacements for the iPhone 5 and 5c currently cost $149 not including tax, and the iPhone 5s can be more costly if damage is done to the sapphire-covered Touch ID button. The iPhone 5c screen replacement was only included in the program starting early 2014.

    Source: AppleInsider

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    I think Apple should offer Lifetime guarantee(or do they not have that much faith in they're products), they claim there products are that good; how about they put there money where they're mouth is!!!

    Edit: It's time iPhones became waterproof!!! as well, it's retarded that I have to worry about my iPhone when it rains(because of water damage, Bullshite), I had a Nokia that didn't give a ****, if it got wet back in 1998
    Last edited by dsg; 08-01-2014 at 12:29 AM.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

    mly6o4 (08-01-2014), Nightwarrior305 (08-01-2014)

  4. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    +1


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  5. #4
    Waterproof as well as able to play music while you can still use snapchat and other apps it pisses me off how it stops playing my music.


    Sent from my iDevice

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eonhpi For This Useful Post:

    Nightwarrior305 (08-01-2014)

  7. #5
    The name of the company that water proofs phones is called liquipel

    http://www.liquipel.com/


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I think Apple should offer Lifetime guarantee(or do they not have that much faith in they're products), they claim there products are that good; how about they put there money where they're mouth is!!!

    Edit: It's time iPhones became waterproof!!! as well, it's retarded that I have to worry about my iPhone when it rains(because of water damage, Bullshite), I had a Nokia that didn't give a ****, if it got wet back in 1998
    I think Apple will wait on the waterproof thing. They're usually late on that kind of stuff. But when they do come out with it, it'll be something like a deep sea diving phone.

  9. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,743
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 265 Times in 171 Posts

    I agree that the iPhone should be water proof at least above surface. Screen replacement is a business all unto itself and EVERYONE is taking advantage. Go online everyone seems to be able to fix an iPhone screen that has been damaged. Would be a cool idea for the phone to come with some sort of emergency option when it hits water. Floatation device pops out of the head phone jack or something haha..keep my phone above water :]

  10. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Waterproof as well as able to play music while you can still use snapchat and other apps it pisses me off how it stops playing my music.
    Waterproof is impossible. Water resistant is possible. Even so it's rather pointless. How often do any of you drop your phone in water?

    As far as the music stop being played, it has to do with the app you're opening, not apple. Confront the company of those apps about allowing music to be backgrounded in app.

  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Waterproof is impossible. Water resistant is possible. Even so it's rather pointless. How often do any of you drop your phone in water?

    As far as the music stop being played, it has to do with the app you're opening, not apple. Confront the company of those apps about allowing music to be backgrounded in app.
    Or…jailbreak and ALL your software frustrations will disappear

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

    blanco10kid (08-02-2014), TDH Advocate (08-01-2014)

  13. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    I think water proof is possible. My daughter has a cheap android phone and texts while in the hot tube. She held it under water, composed and sent a text to prove to me it was water proof.
    It's a shame that a one 30 second drop in water can wipe out a $900.00 investment. Apple really needs to step up in this regard or at least have the next iphone water resistant.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  14. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I think Apple should offer Lifetime guarantee(or do they not have that much faith in they're products), they claim there products are that good; how about they put there money where they're mouth is!!!

    Edit: It's time iPhones became waterproof!!! as well, it's retarded that I have to worry about my iPhone when it rains(because of water damage, Bullshite), I had a Nokia that didn't give a ****, if it got wet back in 1998
    First of all, you need to relax and learn how to spell dude. No phone will ever be waterproof. There will be water resistant phones but never waterproof. And if apple gave lifetime warranty and pay for peoples broken screens, a lot of people would just break there phones on purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    I think water proof is possible. My daughter has a cheap android phone and texts while in the hot tube. She held it under water, composed and sent a text to prove to me it was water proof.
    It's a shame that a one 30 second drop in water can wipe out a $900.00 investment. Apple really needs to step up in this regard or at least have the next iphone water resistant.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Those phones are water resistant up to a certain degree, not water proof.
    Last edited by blanco10kid; 08-02-2014 at 11:21 AM.

  15. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I think Apple should offer Lifetime guarantee(or do they not have that much faith in they're products), they claim there products are that good; how about they put there money where they're mouth is!!!

    Edit: It's time iPhones became waterproof!!! as well, it's retarded that I have to worry about my iPhone when it rains(because of water damage, Bullshite), I had a Nokia that didn't give a ****, if it got wet back in 1998
    A lifetime guarantee? They won't do that not because they have no faith in products, but they have little faith in the costumers. If they had a lifetime guarantee people would be throwing their phones instead of a football with no worries in the world. Apple would lose soooooooo much money on that

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •