Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Give Yourself More Control Over Facebook and Facebook Messenger With 'bluePill'

Default Give Yourself More Control Over Facebook and Facebook Messenger With 'bluePill'

If you're a Facebook or Facebook Messenger user on iOS 7, then you need to check out a new jailbreak tweak called bluePill by iOS developer Suhaib Alfaqeeh.

What you'll be able to do with bluePill is supercharge your own control over how your Facebook or Facebook Messenger application(s) behave on your iOS 7 device(s). The tweak comes with numerous settings for configuring the behavior of each application individually, whether you have both, or only one or the other installed.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can start getting your hands dirty with the tweak. The first part of the preferences pane has to do with the all-in-one Facebook application, as you can see below:

From here, you can enable or disable features in your Facebook application, such as:

• Enable or disable the VoIP (voice over IP) feature
    • Enable or disable an experimental graph search feature
    • Un-restrict yourself from sending only 6 photos/videos at a time
    • Enable or disable the hidden employee settings in the application
    • Enable or disable a full-screen mode for taking advantage of all of the display's canvas
    • Enable or disable read receipts so you can stealthily read someone's messages unnoticed
    • Enable or disable the typing indicator so you can stealthily start typing unnoticed
    • Hide or show the tab labels on the top bar for a cleaner look
    • Enable or disable auto-playing videos in your news feed
    • Toggle automatic HD (high detail) videos in your news feed

Right below the settings for the all-in-one Facebook application, you will find settings for the standalone Facebook Messenger application, as shown below:

From here, you can enable or disable features in your Facebook Messenger application, such as:

• Enable or disable Stealth Mode
      • Keeps recipient from receiving read receipts when you read their messages
      • Keeps recipient from seeing when you're typing
      • Keeps recipient from seeing when you're online
      • Keeps recipent from seeing your mobile or location status
    • Enable or disable a full-screen mode for taking advantage of all of the display's canvas
    • Enable or disable the VoIP (voice over IP) feature
    • Automatically hide the blue "Return to Facebook" bar when you go to Facebook Messenger from Facebook
    • Hide or show the location button in the text field
    • Un-restrict yourself from sending only 6 photos/videos at a time

With all of these perks available to you, it's almost a no-brainer that any Facebook or Facebook Messenger power-user could benefit from downloading this jailbreak tweak. It's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for just $1.99 and requires iOS 7 and either the Facebook or Facebook Messenger application to be installed.

In case you missed it, Facebook will be forcing all application users to migrate over to Facebook Messenger in the near future. Even when this happens, this tweak will still be useful for a number of reasons.

Name: bluePill
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-171
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2, Facebook and/or Facebook Messenger
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Suhaib Alfaqeeh
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review of bluePill at this link:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-30-2014 at 07:16 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

d3v31093r (08-05-2014)

I searched and it doesn't show up in Cydia

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bought it,nice work

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

Where is it? I cant find it?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    I searched and it doesn't show up in Cydia
    you already have redpill installed

I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I see it.
    Me too.

Hope you could add a tweak wherein it asks you to confirm to "Like" one's post like InstaConfirm. As you get to accidentally Like one's post just by scrolling down specially in smaller devices (iPhone, iPodtouch)