Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Sapphire is a Pain in the Glass for Apple's iPhone 6

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Report: Sapphire is a Pain in the Glass for Apple's iPhone 6

New chatter from the Apple supply and manufacturing chains reveals Tuesday that the iDevice maker is running into severe supply problems with regard to Sapphire glass as iPhone 6 production plans accelerate.

According to the U.K.'s Mirror, Apple plans to produce so many new iPhone 6 units before year's end that it's unlikely there's enough Sapphire glass ready to meet these burdensome production demands. In short, the short supply of Sapphire compared to Apple's ample demand for iPhone 6 units could result in Apple releasing an iPhone 6 that doesn't feature Sapphire glass as long rumored.

"Market research team TrendForce LEDInside have been looking at Apple's supply chain and say the tech giant won't be able to make enough of the crystal displays in time to meet the looming release date," the report reads. "They think a version of the iPhone 6 with sapphire glass will be released in limited numbers this year, and won't become standard until a later release."

With Apple expected to unveil it's iPhone 6 within 6 weeks, there isn't much time for Apple to waver about production decisions. Consequently, the call may have already been made to hold back on Sapphire glass for the first run of iPhone 6 units entering mass production now.

Rumor or reality? We may not know for sure until September.

Source: The Mirror

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They are going to save it for the S model. We all know that it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    They are going to save it for the S model. We all know that it's going to happen.
    I was thinking the same thing. Would eliminate the production issue and give them the additional oomph for the S release.

Or maybe it will only be on one of the two new models instead of both.. the 4.7 or 5.5.

Apple.... please think of a different marketing strategy ;(

iPhone5 user

somehow I knew sapphire was not going to happen. FU Apple

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    somehow I knew sapphire was not going to happen. FU Apple
    Just wait until it is, unless your current phone is not working.

If I had a choice I wouldn't get the sapphire screen, anyway. It's too expensive with too little benefit.

Thanks
    Lol, always some delay or issue with the iPhone on its first release.