Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
07-29-2014, 09:37 AM #1
Ryan Petrich Updates Activator in What He Calls the "Largest Release in Over a Year"
On Tuesday, well-known iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich released a major update for his insanely popular and free jailbreak add-on, Activator. The latest version is now version 1.9.0, and is now available in Cydia. Petrich dubs this update the "largest release in over a year," as you can probably tell from the update's extended change log full of new features and fixes:
- New modern icon styling for home screen, actions and built-in icons for many actions
- Many new developer APIs
- Add custom alert listeners
- Add "Ask Siri" custom actions
- Better UI for multiple assignments
- Add lock screen clock swipe down event
- Add network-specific leave Wi-Fi events
- Add "message" custom action type
- Add screen brightness custom action type
- Add Speech Synthesis feature
- Support battery charge state events
- Add profiles feature
- Add custom volume level actions
- Add ability to customize Flipswitch switch settings
- Add Bluetooth connect/disconnect events
- Add icon hold and double tap custom events
- Add specific fingerprint match events
- Allow automatic unlocking to send action on iOS 7
- Adjust Activator app layout on iPad
- Support touch gesture behaviour on 7.1
- Fix lock screen status bar double tap event on iOS 7.x
- Better error message when having trouble communicating with SpringBoard
- Fix short/long hold home button events on 7.1
- Fix double press home button event on 7.1
- Fix icon rendering in the settings pane on iOS 7.1
- Fix triple click home button event on iOS 7.1
- Hide Tencent's migration service app on iOS 7.1
- Fix iBlank-related crash
- Fix Activator corruption message when error localization is missing
- Support biometric events on iOS 7.1
- Better accessibility support in Activator's configuration
- Sort numbers naturally
- Support Dictation action on iOS 7
- Fix group arrow styling on iOS 7
- Add action to go directly to Facebook settings
- Fit more items on settings panes in landscape
- Support libhide on iOS 7
- Add ability to search actions back to iOS 7
- Allow notification center on lock screen on iOS 7
- Fix lock screen media controls not working on iOS 7
- Adjust settings page styling
- Hide additional iOS 7 view services
- Fix lock screen clock actions on iOS 7
- Snooze alarms instead of dismissing them on iOS 7
- Adjust shake event behaviour to not repeat in all cases
- Fix group expand/collapse style on iOS 7
- Fix crash when sending biometric event when lock screen camera is up
- Block automatic clickthroughs in the ad view
- Reenable biometric sensor when event mode changes, so that the event always works
- Fix shutter/camera actions on iOS 7
- Support slide gestures on the lock screen on iOS 7
- Fix single-press menu button event at lock screen on iOS 7
- Update localizations
Activator is a very popular add-on for jailbroken devices by itself, but many of Cydia's popular jailbreak tweaks also rely on Activator for their core functionality. It allows users to assign new actions to gestures made by the user, whether by way of the touch screen, a button, some kind of motion, or something else. It effectively lets users override Apple's stock actions when you do these things and makes for a pleasurable customization experience.
As Activator is a free download in Cydia, those who are new to jailbreaking, and/or who have never tried Activator before can grab it for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. Those already using it will find this update under the "Changes" tab in the Cydia application upon refreshing their sources.
Sources: Ryan Petrich
07-29-2014, 10:00 AM #2
Ryan has contributed a lot in this community. And most of his tweaks are very useful and some are FREE. I personally salute to this guy!
07-29-2014, 10:07 AM #3
I wish only that it could work on iphone 4, unfortunately there is just no way to get it going
07-29-2014, 10:18 AM #4
Thank you Ryan!! I don't mind paying for good tweaks and this is one everyone should donate to that uses it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:
Sage I (07-30-2014)
07-29-2014, 12:18 PM #5
Yes to all above
I still have issues with phone crashing via answering text press app button message shows then re springs. Also when I get banners. I am stumped. Any ideas. Crashing a lot. Pangu 7.2 ip5 thanks
Also Facebook doesn't work till my phone crashes and works in safe mode
Last edited by Dgow452; 07-29-2014 at 12:21 PM.
07-29-2014, 12:37 PM #6
07-29-2014, 12:42 PM #7
I'll have to try when homey. Thanks
07-29-2014, 01:22 PM #8
Wow! Ryan, I love you and want to have your babies :-)
07-29-2014, 02:11 PM #9
I like. Except it causes my iPhone to respring into safe mode after clicking my home button more than 3 times. As I try to activate quick reply(Auki), it resprings.
Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
07-30-2014, 10:36 AM #10
it responds slower now....
before this update, i had an activator action of LOCK SCREEN, SHORT HOLD home button unlocks phone. it would unlock very quickly.
now it takes like two seconds holding the button for it to unlock
the "short" turned into "long"