Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hilton Hotels To Introduce The Next Big Thing With Smartphone Room Keys in 2015

Thanks

Default Hilton Hotels To Introduce The Next Big Thing With Smartphone Room Keys in 2015

It has been reported that starting 2015, guests will no longer have to check-in at a hotel’s front desk at the Hilton hotels. Guests will be able to avoid the front desk entirely and skip those long lines when going on vacation or business trip. You’re probably wondering how you’ll get the keys and get into the room then. The answer? Your smartphone will be your room key. The Wall Street Journal reported that the Hilton group said new door looks will be introduced starting next year, and the entire change for its 4,200 properties worldwide should be completed at the end of 2016.

The app released by Hilton already allows guests to electronically check-in to hotels. However, guests still have to physically go to the front desk in order to retrieve their room keys. The Hilton group announced that with the smartphone, guests will be sent a key code electronically to use, in order to unlock and get into the rooms. Other products by August and Okidokeys are supposed to introduce Bluetooth controlled door locks as well this year. “The next big thing is here,” right?

Source: Wall Street Journal

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This is amazing. I hope that this will be implemented by BronyCon next year so it'll make my stay so much nicer.

don't lose your phone or you will be locked out of your room. Always carry id on you, just incase

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (07-28-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the deadbolt isn't electronic. Gotta have something that's not hackable on there

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (07-28-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I hope the deadbolt isn't electronic. Gotta have something that's not hackable on there

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    My thoughts LOL, see how long that lasts before someone figures a hack and starts stealing people stuff out of their rooms.