Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Launches New Ad Highlighting Cortana and Bashing Siri

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StuG III View Post
    Not to stray from the real topic but...

The dinosaurs that ask for a downgrade are the type of people that react violently to when their Sunday burger isn't from the same name brand as it has been for the past 5 years. Windows 8 is more stable and uses less resources/uses them more efficiently. It is a better OS than Windows 7 in some important respects, people are just so ridiculously stubborn for no reason. Including you.
    Dinosaurs?? People I help vary from young gen to older gen. It's not just a certain age group lol. You are right though! It is more stable and faster. Stable and faster doesn't mean anything to a person if they can't use it though. Yes I can be stubborn and proud of it lmao! But the product speaks for itself when people don't want it or use it. You can't just change the whole GUI on people and say here it is deal with it. Now you have thrown something out there and now people feel like they have to go take a night class to learn how to use windows again.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Guys guys, this is a phone thread. Not a computer OS thread. Please don't stray too far off topic.

However,now that we've ventured into this, everything still works the same. Control panel is still there, all the programs you used to have are still there, maybe even better than before. Windows 8.1 has an option to boot to desktop by the way. In addition to all the cool features, like OneDrive integration and Windows Store Apps, I actually find iy useful to snap my Xbox music app, my Word document, and possibly even a Netflix movie in there Besides, all you ignorant people that think Windows 8 was "thrust" upon you, no one asked you to upgrade.

But really, there's no need to actually, "go to school" to learn the OS. If plain desktop is all you want then so be it.

Thanks

"Besides, all you ignorant people that think Windows 8 was "thrust" upon you, no one asked you to upgrade. "

Really?? Show me a new computer besides a custom that you can by off the shelf at a store what doesn't have Windows 8 or 8.1 on it! You have no choice unless you pay the premium for pro to be able to downgrade. So take your so called "ignorance" somewhere else! Smh

Default Microsoft Launches New Ad Highlighting Cortana and Bashing Siri
    Ever heard of dell or bestbuy? They still offer Windows 7 premium pc's. I know because I checked yesterday. Please do try to do your research first.

This is a WP thread, so end of discussion on the computer OS please.

Thanks

Key word!! "Premium" your paying for the downgrade.

Well, you're paying for a computer... Of course it'd be a bit expensive.

Take my money! Lol jk. I bet I could eventually find a cydia tweak to allow me to do that. But then again, that's probably apples next move. Updating Siri when IOS 8 comes out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mookielittle For This Useful Post:

Magicpudding (07-28-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpudding View Post
    I beg to differ. Lots of people I know use a WP and seem to like it. Really, iPhones are more for the technologically illiterate. Perhaps WP are not as user-friendly because they provide lots more options customization-wise?

As I said before, what does an IPhone have that a WP doesn't? Especially with the 8.1 updates, this phone ends up being pretty sweet. *o*

I beg to differ as well. All of my phones have been iPhones, and I've been working on computers since I was little. I also can code decently in Lua and Objective-C....soon to be going to university for computer science. Don't just assume that anyone who uses an iPhone is illiterate, that just shows how illiterate you are for being narrow-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by StuG III View Post
    Not to stray from the real topic but...

The dinosaurs that ask for a downgrade are the type of people that react violently to when their Sunday burger isn't from the same name brand as it has been for the past 5 years. Windows 8 is more stable and uses less resources/uses them more efficiently. It is a better OS than Windows 7 in some important respects, people are just so ridiculously stubborn for no reason. Including you.

Windows 8 was never ment for desktops. It was designed as a mobile OS for tablets and cellular phones with touchscreens. Windows 8 on a desktop is very tedious to use.

Windows 9 *supposedly* will be brining back the start menu function, so we can expect a lot of people (including myself) to be upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    "Besides, all you ignorant people that think Windows 8 was "thrust" upon you, no one asked you to upgrade. "

Really?? Show me a new computer besides a custom that you can by off the shelf at a store what doesn't have Windows 8 or 8.1 on it! You have no choice unless you pay the premium for pro to be able to downgrade. So take your so called "ignorance" somewhere else! Smh

...or you could just downgrade it yourself. It's time consuming, but if you know what you're doing you can make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpudding View Post
    Ever heard of dell or bestbuy? They still offer Windows 7 premium pc's. I know because I checked yesterday. Please do try to do your research first.

This is a WP thread, so end of discussion on the computer OS please.

Who in bloody hell buys from Bestbuy or even DELL for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Key word!! "Premium" your paying for the downgrade.

...again, downgrade it yourself. There are hundreds of tutorials online that shows you how to do it.
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 08-01-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12