Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Five Great Jailbreak Tweaks for Improving Your iOS 7 Weather Experience

Default Five Great Jailbreak Tweaks for Improving Your iOS 7 Weather Experience

iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad owners everywhere running iOS 7 make use of the weather features that come with the operating system. Unfortunately, they're pretty bland at best, and to get the most out of your weather information in iOS 7, you will want to jailbreak and make use of some jailbreak tweaks. In this post, we will show you five useful jailbreak tweaks for improving the weather information experience in iOS 7, so if you're a weather watcher, read on!

Just a quick note before we get started; these tweaks are all compatible with the Pangu version 1.1.0 jailbreak for iOS 7.1.x, and will work with earlier iOS 7 jailbreaks, such as evasi0n7, as well.

1. Forecast – 99

By far, one of our favorite weather jailbreak tweaks for iOS 7 is Forecast. This tweak is tied in so nicely with the out-of-the-box feeling of iOS 7 that it almost doesn't even feel like a jailbreak tweak, but rather a feature that you would come to expect from Apple. It lets you view weather information neatly right from the Lock Screen, such as the current temperature, highs and lows, weather conditions, a forecast, and even a live weather conditions wallpaper for the Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both. To learn more about Forecast, head over to our full review of the tweak at this link.

2. LiveWeatherIcon – $1.00

Another one of the best weather-based jailbreak tweaks for iOS 7 is LiveWeatherIcon. Now, this tweak says it's not compatible with iOS 7.1+ in Cydia, but we think this just might be the developer not being attentive and updating the information in Cydia, as it seems to work fine for us on iOS 7.1.2 with the Pangu jailbreak. This tweak will update your Weather application icon on your Home Screen to show the weather conditions, the temperature outside, and a background depicting what it should look like outside. It's definitely a nice touch for the iOS 7 Home Screen, so be sure to check out our full review of the tweak at this link.

3. NCWeather – 99

Next up, we'll be showing you NCWeather, which is a widget for Notification Center that shows the weather information for your current location. This is definitely the weather widget for Notification Center that went missing in iOS 7, as it reminds us of the good ol' days on iOS 6. The first page of the widget shows the weather conditions outside, as well as the temperature, while the second page shows an hourly forecast for the rest of the day. It's a very clean-looking simple widget for Notification Center that blends in nicely with its surroundings. You can read our full in-depth review on NCWeather at this link.

4. StatusWeather – FREE

Another tweak, which is very subtle, yet functional, is StatusWeather. This tweak lets you place the current temperature outside next to the clock in the iOS 7 Status Bar. There are plenty of customization options so that you can make it look the way you want it, including picking between a standard and 24-hour clock, choosing your temperature unit of measure, and more. It's not all in your face like some other jailbreak tweaks are, but if you're just curious about the temperature outside, it could be a nice addition to your iOS 7 device. You can read our full review of StatusWeather at this link.

5. Ultra Widget – 99

Last, but definitely not least on our list, is Ultra Widget. This widget is an add-on for iWidgets that lets you see your weather conditions, system information, time, and more right from a convenient widget on your Home Screen in iOS 7. The weather information shown includes the current weather conditions outside, the temperature, and a forecast for the next 5 days along with their highs and lows. The bonus system information is a plus! There are tons of customization options for the appearance of the widget, so you can really go wild with the styling of the widget to make it look the way you want. You can read our full review of Ultra Widget at this link.

All of these tweaks have been tested to make sure that they're compatible with the latest Pangu 1.1.0 jailbreak; they may not all be compatible with one another.

If you're looking for additional new jailbreak tweaks to run on your Pangu jailbreak, then check out our recent Best Jailbreak Tweaks of the Week post, as well as our 5 Great Free and 5 Great Paid Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible With the Pangu Jailbreak post.

You can also read more of our posts like this one via the links below:

Stay tuned for more of the best jailbreak tweak coverage on the Web, only at ModMyi.com!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-28-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Glad there is a solution in NCWeather. Why in the hell did they remove this feature in iOS7? That was one of my favorite features of the NC. I liked being able to quickly swipe down and see what the forecast for the week was looking like.

Ultra widget looks pretty sweet as well. Does it take you to the clock settings if you click on the time? One thing I like about the widget I have on my android device is that the weather widget is so useful. Clicking the time will open the clock app, clicking the date will open the calendar app and clicking the weather will open the weather app.

I would have to disagree with liveweathericon working on 7.1.2. It worked great for me on 7.0.6 but after upgrading it causes frequent crashes on my 4S. The app did appear to work correctly when installed but after regression testing it was found to be the culprit of all my crashes. I guess it's possible that it is incompatible with one of my other tweaks but for now I've had to remove it.

No mention of StatusbarWeather7 that replaces the carrier logo with the weather. It's awesome and cleaner then StatusWeather. 👍

5. The Following User Says Thank You to edwilk55 For This Useful Post:

Ryaninfg (07-28-2014)

I recommend the GroovyLock tweak combined with Flat X13X LS theme.

Forecast (w/o the wallpaper feature) + SubtleLock is where it's at.

I use groovylock

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    You Can't Reach What's In Front of You Until You Let Go of What's Behind
    IPHONE 4 16GB 7.1.2