Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AboutUDID' Makes it Easier to Get to Your Device's UDID

Default 'AboutUDID' Makes it Easier to Get to Your Device's UDID

Every iOS device has a UDID, and sometimes, you need fast access to it. Without jailbreaking your device, you need to tether your device up to iTunes and click on the Serial Number in the iTunes device summary interface to bring up the device's UDID. Fortunately, jailbreakers have it much easier and don't absolutely need to tether to iTunes to get their UDID unfortunately, it's still a pain to get to, and there needs to be an easier and more straightforward way.

A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed AboutUDID by iOS developer Ron Thakrar is now available in Cydia that makes your device's UDID appear under the Settings > General > About section, as shown above.

In addition to making the UDID appear here, you can also tap and hold on the UDID to bring up a copy menu, which adds the UDID to your clipboard so you can paste it somewhere else. This comes in handy in many situations, including when you're trying to activate a paid jailbreak tweak license, such as LockInfo7, where sending the developer your UDID for activation is necessary and you need your device's UDID in a pinch.

We think that the About section in the Settings application is a great place to put your device's UDID, so we think this tweak is a nice add-on. If you would like to give it a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 is required.

Name: AboutUDID
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Thakrar
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

In the 6 yrs I've had an iPhone, I think I've needed my UDID 1 time. That was to activate my iOS 6 beta.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Without a jailbreak you can install TestFlight and link your device to it to them see your device model and UDID. It's amazing for developers and hackers alike.

I think this is was removed from Cydia ��