Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The House Gives In, Passes Cellphone Unlocking Bill

  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Great Falls Montana
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts

    Yes, the gsm part of a Verizon phone are unlocked.

  2. #22
    Oh. Well that's what I was referring to. I've never heard of CDMA unlocked phone.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Oh. Well that's what I was referring to. I've never heard of CDMA unlocked phone.
    Pure CDMA phones aren't locked or unlocked in the was GSM phones can be. Only GSM (ATT & TMobile and dual world phones by Verizon) use SIMS.

    I think most newer Verizon phones have the pre-unlocked GSM ability alongside the CDMA normal Verizon antenna which doesn't use a SIM.. I could be wrong there..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  4. #24
    Yeah I'm pretty sure how that works. I was just trying to clarify to under stand what he was trying to say.

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Brad Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    808
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blanco10kid View Post
    With an iPhone 4S, unfortunately you can't switch carriers. The iPhone 4S verizon version operates at different bands than AT&T. AT&T is gsm and verizon is CDMA. Verizon can unlock the sim lock for international use but that's it.
    Uh sorry but that's not true. It most definitely can be unlocked for other gsm carriers using hardware unlocks. Such as Gevey,
    Moving Shadow

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Brad Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    808
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Oh. Well that's what I was referring to. I've never heard of CDMA unlocked phone.
    Well there really isn't. But you can however bring it to Sprint or Cricket or Virgin Mobile and if you're real nice to em, they may flash the phone for you to work for their carrier.
    Moving Shadow

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Brad Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    808
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Oh. Well that's what I was referring to. I've never heard of CDMA unlocked phone.
    Well guys it's impossible to unlock a CDMA phone from what I gather. You can however bring it to another CDMA carrier such as Sprint, Cricket or Virgin Mobile and if you're real nice to em, they may flash your phone to work with their carrier.
    Moving Shadow

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Brad Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    808
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Oh. Well that's what I was referring to. I've never heard of CDMA unlocked phone.
    Well guys it's impossible to unlock a CDMA phone from what I gather. You can however bring it to another CDMA carrier such as Sprint, Cricket or Virgin Mobile and if you're real nice to em, they may flash your phone to work with their carrier.
    Moving Shadow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •