+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Brevity' Offers iOS 7 Texters One-tap Access to Their Favorite Response

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default 'Brevity' Offers iOS 7 Texters One-tap Access to Their Favorite Response

Chances are, you have a favorite response to most different kinds of text messages, whether it's "K," "Okay," "Hey," some kind of Emoji, or something else. If that's case, and you want an easy way to always say it without having to type it out, you need to check out a new text message automation jailbreak tweak dubbed Brevity by Emblem Development.

What this tweak will allow you to do is save your favorite reply message in the tweak's preferences pane, shown below, and send it whenever you want to. For example, if I receive a text message from Anthony saying "That's Awesome," I can have my automated text configured to send a certain Emoji. No matter who messages me, and what they message me about, I can send that same Emoji by just tapping on it fro the button to the right of the text field. Whenever I start typing in the text message's text field, the shortcut disappears and is replaced by a Send button for sending what I've typed.

You do need to save your changes every time that you make changes to the preferences pane, and you can enable or disable the long shortcut preview and choose your own text here.

This tweak works great for people that send messages that you can really say the same thing to each time. For example, if I put "okay" in the tweak's preferences pane and five different people text me about something different where the response "okay" would be acceptable, the tweak makes it easy to say "okay" to all five people without having to type the word out five times, but just tapping a button five times instead.

It's also worth mentioning that the tweak is only intended for Apple's Messages application and works with both SMS and iMessage.

If you would like to give Brevity a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. iOS 7 is required to install it.

Name: Brevity
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Emblem Development
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review for Brevity below:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-25-2014 at 02:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Nice

Thanks

Doesn't have any point for me, but maybe for others...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Would be better if u could store more than one word. If u hold onto the send button the list would come up.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mlee19841 For This Useful Post:

SpidermanAPV (07-25-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Using the tweak for things like "k, hey, or okay" is basically useless. I can see it being helpful for longer things but I believe Apple already has a shortcut for things like that.