Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TimerAlarms' Lets You Create a Timer-based Alarm in Your Clock App

Default 'TimerAlarms' Lets You Create a Timer-based Alarm in Your Clock App

When you want to add an alarm in iOS, what you normally do is go to your Clock application and tap on the "+" button in the alarm interface. From here, you can choose a time when you want your alarm to go off.

The major downfall to this is that you have to do the math yourself. If you know you want an alarm to go off in another 30 minutes, you have to add 30 minutes to the existing time to know what time you want the alarm to go off. If you're usign a more complex number than 30 minutes, then it won't be so easy.

A new free jailbreak tweak called TimerAlarms by iOS developer L4grange is now available that takes all of the guesswork out of your responsibility. The tweak allows you to create alarms from the timer interface in the Clock application. A new "+" button is added to the timer interface, as shown above, that leads you to the alarm interface.

You will also notice that we have the timer set at 30 minutes, so when we go to create a new alarm based off of the timer, the alarm automatically sets itself for 30 minutes past the current time. This works for any timeframe that you put in the timer interface, so if you put 47 minutes, the alarm would auto-fill to 47 minutes past the current time, or if you put 1 hour and 28 minutes, the alarm would auto-fill to 1 hour and 28 minutes past the current time.

It can come in handy if you want a quick alarm without have to do the math yourself, and honestly makes the interface a lot easier to use. If you would like to give TimerAlarms a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure. The tweak is also open source, which means the source code is available on GitHub at this link.

Name: TimerAlarms
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: L4grange
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review of TimerAlarms at this link:

Thanks

Siri can do this though. so if you've got a Siri enabled device just ask her to wake you up in X amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    Siri can do this though. so if you've got a Siri enabled device just ask her to wake you up in X amount of time
    True, but not all devices have Siri, and sometimes Siri doesn't work. Great to have options.

I am confused. What is the benefit from using this tweak as opposed to just using the timer?

Livin the iPhone Life SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killakill View Post
    I am confused. What is the benefit from using this tweak as opposed to just using the timer?
    Theoretically I suppose you could have this alarm on repeat, but I'm not really sure other than that.

Default 'TimerAlarms' Lets You Create a Timer-based Alarm in Your Clock App
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Theoretically I suppose you could have this alarm on repeat, but I'm not really sure other than that.
    I still don't see the purpose of that if the purpose of the alarm is to be set for a certain amount of minutes starting from a certain time. Maybe I just made it more confusing, but I literally see no point.
    Last edited by killakill; 07-25-2014 at 12:51 PM.

I'm with killakill. I see no real use in this. Why not just use the timer for a certain amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by killakill View Post
    I use it mainly for my naps. It creates an alarm so you can have snooze in it. With the timer you can't add snooze to an "alarm", so once you dismiss it, you either wake up or sleep for the rest of the day. And I can't wake up easily :P

Quote Originally Posted by loukas77 View Post
    I use it mainly for my naps. It creates an alarm so you can have snooze in it. With the timer you can't add snooze to an "alarm", so once you dismiss it, you either wake up or sleep for the rest of the day. And I can't wake up easily :P
    There's an easier way, just have the nurse at the desk of the old age home that you live in wake you up.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0