+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Five WinterBoard Themes for iOS 7 That Are Worth Checking Out July 20th Edition

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 765 Posts

Default Five WinterBoard Themes for iOS 7 That Are Worth Checking Out July 20th Edition

If you feel like it's time to spice up your iOS 7 device with a new theme, then we've got a few neat new themes to show you. On July 13th, we showed you five cool WinterBoard themes to check out, and we're always looking for more awesome themes to show you!

For now, here are five more awesome WinterBoard themes that are worth checking out for your iOS 7 device. These aren't in any specific order, but they're all worthy of recognition. Check them out!

1. Mus7 – $3.99

The first theme we've got for you this week is an ultra high-detail theme for iOS 7 called Mus7 by MtK_Des1gn. This theme is anything but flat, and it looks amazing. The high-detail application icons that come with this theme show off their skeuomorphic appearance like nothing we've ever seen before. The theme comes with support for more than 140 application icons and support for IcomOmatic, ClassicDock, GroovyLock, JellyLock7, Convergance, iWidgets, ClassicBadges, Zeppelin, and more. The theme not only feel complete, but also gives your device that dark aura it deserves. Be sure to check this awesome theme out, and watch our video review of it below:

2. iSkeuos – $2.50

Next up, we'll be showing you iSkeuos by iPhoneiHelper. This theme is more colorful than dark and provides you with both circular and square application icon sets. The creator brags of over 280 supported application icons, as well as support for Control Center's user interface, support for Mobile Safari/Messages/Keyboard user interfaces, support for ClassicDock, support for IconOmatic, all new wallpapers, and more. The theme definitely feels like a hybrid between flat and skeuomorpic, and feels really quirky and fun. Be sure to check out our video review of iSkeuos below:

3. Carla iOS 7 – $2.99

Staying fun and keeping the color train going is a theme called Carla iOS 7 by Xus Badia. This theme boasts more than 400 application icons in its set with an automatic mask for all application icons from the App Store. ClassicDock docks, iWidgets, and third-party Status Bar icons are also supported, and the theme even comes with 9 all-new wallpapers that you can set to make everything go nicely together. Loading screens are also included to make the theme look nicely when launching applications. Overall, it feels like a very complete theme and it's worth checking out; watch our video on it below:

4. looka – 99

If you're just looking for something simple that can go nicely with any wallpaper that you might want to use, then you need to take a look at a theme called looka by Luka Kajtes. This theme includes 7 different application icon masks, a new user interface for the Messages application, a nicer dock image, a new Lock Screen slider design, and more. It's definitely not as in-depth as some other themes, but it pulls off the simplistic look quite well and might fit some of your tastes. Our video review on looka can be watched below:

5. circly – $4.00

Last but not least, we'll be taking a look at circly by yuki_o7. If you're into the circular look, then this theme is definitely one worth your time to check out. It's a high quality vector theme with new clean application icons. It comes with some new docks for ClassicDock, as well as some improvements for Tweetbot, Reeder, and more. The application icons are colorful and high in detail and are sure to please. Check out our video review on it below:

All of these themes do require WinterBoard, which is a free download from Cydia if you don't already have it. You will need to enable each of these themes from WinterBoard and then respring your device for them to take effect.

These themes have all been tested to work on the Pangu 1.1.0 jailbreak for iOS 7.1.x.

If you've got a theme you want us to check out, please keep the suggestions coming in the comments – the feedback is much appreciated!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-20-2014 at 02:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

The image you posted for Circly is incorrect. That's my theme Circular. The video is correct, but the image is not correct.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joythewizard For This Useful Post:

Nightwarrior305 (07-20-2014)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joythewizard View Post
    The image you posted for Circly is incorrect. That's my theme Circular. The video is correct, but the image is not correct.
    There was a mixup in the screenshot naming, and has been fixed. Thank you.

Thanks

I've always been curious, do circle themes just make the icons supported into circles or do they change everything into circles? I've always thought it would look pretty dumb to have some circle icons and some squares.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kenzodragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Could you please link Circly to its Thread in the theme section of this forum?
    Circly

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I've always been curious, do circle themes just make the icons supported into circles or do they change everything into circles? I've always thought it would look pretty dumb to have some circle icons and some squares.
    Most of them use a mask. So all icons are circles, even those app icons which haven't been themed yet.
    Last edited by kenzodragon; 07-21-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,050 Times in 923 Posts

Default Five WinterBoard Themes for iOS 7 That Are Worth Checking Out July 20th Edi...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    All app icons are turned into circles BUT the Settings.app icons still require theming each one individually.

Last edited by thazsar; 07-21-2014 at 06:24 AM.