+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ScreenLocker' Lets You Freeze Your Screen to Prevent Nosy People's Fingers From Being Nosy

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Often times, you may hand your iOS device to one of your friends or family members so that they can look at a picture in your Camera Roll, or look
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default 'ScreenLocker' Lets You Freeze Your Screen to Prevent Nosy People's Fingers

Often times, you may hand your iOS device to one of your friends or family members so that they can look at a picture in your Camera Roll, or look at something else, but you may not want them to scroll any further and see your personal pictures in the Camera Roll, or other information that could come up on your display with just a few taps or swipes.

Luckily, a new free jailbreak tweak called ScreenLocker by iOS developer Jonathan Winger Lang is now available in Cydia to make you feel just that much more secure with handing your iOS device off to someone else with the peace of mind in knowing that they won't be able to go anywhere but where you left your iOS device when you handed it to them.

ScreenLocker integrates with Activator so that you can freeze your display on demand. By freezing it, the person you hand your iOS device to will not be able to tap or swipe on the display and move out of the picture you want to show them. Instead, they'll be stuck looking at that picture until they hand your device back to you.

When you freeze the display using the Activator action you chose, a colored border appears around the display to indicate that the display has been frozen:

To un-freeze the display, you will need to tap and hold on the display. The first time you do this, you will be asked to enter "some password," as you need to initialize a password for use:

Once you've initialized a password, the next time you tap and hold on the display, you will be asked you enter "your password," which is the one that you set in the above step:

If the password you enter is correct, your display will be un-frozen and you can return to using your device. It's it's incorrect, the display will not be un-frozen until you enter it correctly. You will be asked to enter a new password every time that you freeze your screen, so it's worth noting that it's a single-use password.

You can configure your Activator action from the Activator preferences pane in the Settings application:

To give ScreenLocker a try for your privacy needs, you can head over to Cydia's BigBoss repository right now and download the tweak for free. Apart from the Activator action, there are no options to configure. The tweak works on iOS 5 and later, all the way through iOS 7.1.2. Activator will be installed alongside ScreenLocker if it's not already installed.

Name: ScreenLocker
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5.0-7.1.2, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jonathan Winger Lang
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'll be trying this

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'ScreenLocker' Lets You Freeze Your Screen to Prevent Nosy People's Fingers F...
    Thanks. But is their a updated tweak that let's u choose certain apps to be locked in landscape mode?

Banned
    Thanks

good for you?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Tried it however if my ginger goes near the ear pie it caused my phone to go blank I uninstalled it and the problem went away

Thanks

Doesn't guided access do this same thing? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrickprime View Post
    Doesn't guided access do this same thing? Or am I missing something?

That can lock it to certain apps, but not just freeze the screen.

Thanks

Default ScreenLocker
    You need your finger not Ginger 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Durb1n View Post
    Tried it however if my ginger goes near the ear pie it caused my phone to go blank I uninstalled it and the problem went away

Thanks

What is the difference of this, versus guided access feature? I don't see any difference, except for the fact that this works on iOS 5.

Thanks

That's what I was thinking. With guided access you can freeze the screen, you can also just freeze parts of the screen, no extra tweaking needed.