+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Five Great Jailbreak Tweaks for Improving Your iOS 7 Lock Screen Experience

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default Five Great Jailbreak Tweaks for Improving Your iOS 7 Lock Screen Experience

Just a few days ago, we showed you five great jailbreak tweaks for improving the text messaging experience on any iOS 7 device, and today we'll be showing you five amazing jailbreak tweaks for improving your Lock Screen experience on any iOS 7 device. Since the Lock Screen is something that we see every time that we go to use our device, it's something that many of us could benefit from improving on.

Just a quick note before we get started; these tweaks are all compatible with the Pangu version 1.1.0 jailbreak for iOS 7.1.x, and will work with earlier iOS 7 jailbreaks, such as evasi0n7, as well.

1. IntelliScreenX 7 – $9.99

We're going to start this show with a long-time favorite: IntelliScreenX 7. This amazing tweak brings so much of your information to your Lock Screen that you might feel like you never even need to unlock your device. You can do such things as look through all of your notifications, view the weather conditions outside, read your e-mails, access your Facebook or Twitter feeds, view news feeds, access favorite applications, and even quickly compose and reply to incoming messages with its built-in Messages+ functionality. IntelliScreenX 7 slides down over the Lock Screen via the Notification Center grabber at the top of the Lock Screen, and can be hidden in the same way. IntelliScreenX 7 can also be accessed from Notification Center inside of iOS 7, so it's not limited to the Lock Screen. Check it out!

2. SubtleLock (iOS 7) – $1.00

Next up on our list is a tweak for minimalists called SubtleLock (iOS 7). If you're one to enjoy getting rid of clutter, then SubtleLock (iOS 7) is definitely for you. Not only does it give you a more pleasing iOS 7 Lock Screen look and feel, but it'll push everything out of the way so you can enjoy what feels like a much more full-screen Lock Screen wallpaper experience. The time is shrunken and placed at the top left of the screen, while the date is placed at the top right of the screen; the slide to unlock text is pushed further down as well. You'll also get the added benefit of being able to see more Lock Screen notifications at once thanks to the less-cluttered Lock Screen interface. We think this tweak is definitely worth taking a peed at!

3. Forecast – 99

Those weather freaks out there will appreciate a very popular jailbreak tweak called Forecast. This tweak brings live weather information to your iOS 7 Lock Screen, including an animated wallpaper to match the weather conditions, as well as the temperature outside (both high and low), and a full five-day and all-day forecast. The live animated wallpaper should look familiar, as it looks the same as the background of the Weather application in iOS 7. This gives this jailbreak tweak not only a super awesome look and feel, but also a native look and feel at that. Oh, and did we mention that it plays very nicely with SubtleLock?

4. JellyLock7 – FREE

JellyLock7 is a free jailbreak tweak that has quickly become popular among the jailbreak community; especially for those that like having application shortcuts on the Lock Screen. This tweak lets you set up to six application shortcuts on the iOS 7 Lock Screen, and it offers an all-new experience for unlocking your iOS 7 device meant to simulate much of Android Jellybean. There are tons of different built-in appearance settings, and users will also find that the theming community also offers a ton of support for JellyLock7. Be sure to give this jailbreak tweak a try on your iOS 7 device!

5. Priority Hub – FREE

Last, but not least, we will be showing you Priority Hub. This tweak organizes all of your iOS 7 Lock Screen notifications on a per-application basis. It separates your notifications into tabs or "hubs," which you can tap on in order to see notifications only for the specific application tab that you're in. For example, if you have two tabs of notifications – one for Messages and one for Facebook, and you tap on the Messages tab, you will only see your Messages notifications from the iOS 7 Lock Screen. The opposite would happen if you tapped on the Facebook tab. This is an amazing tweak and will especially be appreciated by those that always wake up to a slew of notifications each morning and never know where to start – be sure to take a look at it and consider trying it out!

All of these tweaks have been tested to make sure that they're compatible with the latest Pangu 1.1.0 jailbreak; they may not all be compatible with one another.

If you're looking for additional new jailbreak tweaks to run on your Pangu jailbreak, then check out our recent Best Jailbreak Tweaks of the Week post, as well as our 5 Great Free and 5 Great Paid Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible With the Pangu Jailbreak post.

Stay tuned for more of the best jailbreak tweak coverage on the Web, only at ModMyi.com!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-16-2014 at 09:48 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No LockInfo7?? It's 10x's better than ISX. Mainly because LockInfo has HTML email previews from the lockscreen. With ISX you get garbled mess when there's HTML in the email. I have no idea why someone would choose ISX7 over LockInfo.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    no lockinfo7?? It's 10x's better than isx. Mainly because lockinfo has html email previews from the lockscreen. With isx you get garbled mess when there's html in the email. I have no idea why someone would choose isx7 over lockinfo.
    agreed!!!👆👆

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    No LockInfo7?? It's 10x's better than ISX. Mainly because LockInfo has HTML email previews from the lockscreen. With ISX you get garbled mess when there's HTML in the email. I have no idea why someone would choose ISX7 over LockInfo.
    I thought the same thing! Lockinfo is WAY better than any other lock screen tweak mentioned. It's clean interface makes it feel like it's part of ios and not added on. ISX7 looks horrid. It's way to busy for anyone to have.

Oh and if you have LockInfo, you also have Forecast. They work together.

Thanks

I've bought ISX7 and it's awesome!My favorite jb tweak!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would sub convergence for priority hub. It essentially has it built into convergence.

Thanks

Lockinfo7 It's 10x's better than ISX

iPhone? More like MyPhone mirilopr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twahl3583 View Post
    I would sub convergence for priority hub. It essentially has it built into convergence.
    Same here. And has more utilities

Thanks

Just also bought lockinfo7....It works great.It's hard to say which one I prefer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Whenever I open an app with notifications from priority hub I reboot into safe mode the next time I lock my device. I thought it was just a coincidence until I realized it happens every time. I'm gonna have to uninstall, which is disappointing as I loved the tweak.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am curious why JellyLock7 would be included here. It only partially works with 7.1.1 and 7.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

JellyLock7 isn't working at all on my 7.1.2 mini. Wish it did, looks great.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

JellyLock7 was running on iOS 7.1.2 in the video embedded in this post. Check for any tweak conflicts first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jelly lock7 running flawless on 7.1.2 iPhone 5c

Thanks

Convergance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

Lockbuilder Evo...

My iPhone is a Part of Me SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Jellylock7 having issues on my iPod Touch 7.1.2. Does it have issues with LSManager perhaps? I was thinking of uninstalling that anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not working on iPad Air.