+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'DathKeys' Will Let You Colorize Your iOS 7 Keyboard From Every Angle

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you want to add some spiced up colorization to your iOS 7 keyboard, then you'll want to check out a new jailbreak tweak called DathKeys by iOS developer Orangebananaspy.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'DathKeys' Will Let You Colorize Your iOS 7 Keyboard From Every Angle

If you want to add some spiced up colorization to your iOS 7 keyboard, then you'll want to check out a new jailbreak tweak called DathKeys by iOS developer Orangebananaspy.

As you can see from the example screenshots above, this tweak will let you colorize your iOS 7 keyboard in various ways. The tweak lets you adjust the colors of the characters on your keyboard, the background color of your keyboard keys, the color of highlighted keys, and even colorize the shadow of your keys for a cool glowing effect.

DathKeys adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can get started with adjusting its color options to your liking. From the main preferences pane, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand. You will also see individual cells for adjusting the options for your individual keyboard elements. At the top right of the preferences pane is a little floppy disk icon, which you will need to tap on every time you make changes in order to save your changes. It will respring your device:

As you go into the individual preference cells, you will find RGB color sliders for red, green, and blue, which can be used to colorize your keyboard elements to your liking. There is also an alpha slider that you can use to adjust the transparency. You can use the "What's this?" button at the bottom of each preference pane in order to see what part of the keyboard that you will be adjusting when you change the color slider settings:

With all of these options being made available, this tweak is already an awesome tweak for customizing your keyboard, the developer says that even more is coming. We would like to see the ability to change the background color of the entire keyboard interface at some point.

If you would like to give DathKeys a try, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for just $1.50. The tweak is compatible with iOS 7.1 and later.

Name: DathKeys
    Price: $1.50
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.1-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Orangebananaspy
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review for DathKeys below:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-10-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks

Bummer that it's not compatible with devices running 7.0.6....this is a tweak I definitely would have bought. I'm sure I'm not the only one still on 7.0.6. I'm just lazy and don't feel like updating my phone until iOS 8 comes out.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Streebs87 View Post
    Bummer that it's not compatible with devices running 7.0.6....this is a tweak I definitely would have bought. I'm sure I'm not the only one still on 7.0.6. I'm just lazy and don't feel like updating my phone until iOS 8 comes out.
    I would recommend updating to iOS 7.1.2, and here's why!

All tweaks are now going to start being developed with the latest firmware in mind, so follow this guide and update!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (07-11-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default DathKeys
    Quote Originally Posted by Streebs87 View Post
    Hi,

I agree with Anthony on this one, if you would like I could for sure make it compatible with 7.0.6, this would actually have more benefit than to be on iOS 7.1.1 or 7.1.2
    In iOS 7.1 or greater the keyboard has changed tons so some functions I had when building it in 7.0.6 has disappeared such as coloring the background of the keyboard.

Thanks
    Combined with some tweaks, not sure what it is that is causing endless loop of booting. Xnoticolor, or lockify pro + Dathkeys = endless boot loop, had to restore iPhone twice. Very beta tweak, very very beta. Please don't upload these very beta versions of tweaks to the official cydia repo.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xTwistie For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (07-11-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have 7.1.2 and it does work for me.

Thanks

This tweak is going to be big once he solves out the problems.
    Each device/ios versions runs different with the code - Dev is trying to solve this!
    It only supports 7.1.1+ cause the keyboard had some updates in it..

Dev has a lot of things coming-
    Ck- Has ben broke and outdated. Run on ios 6 keyboard code and below, More combo/options we can do now with the keyboard cause of ios 7.. Once this tweak get off and going well you will see!

_Be nice to devs.

Quote Originally Posted by orangebananaspy View Post
    Hi,

I agree with Anthony on this one, if you would like I could for sure make it compatible with 7.0.6, this would actually have more benefit than to be on iOS 7.1.1 or 7.1.2
    In iOS 7.1 or greater the keyboard has changed tons so some functions I had when building it in 7.0.6 has disappeared such as coloring the background of the keyboard.

Right HERE ^
    Last edited by vXBaKeRXv; 07-14-2014 at 10:24 AM.