+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week June 30 - July 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week June 30 - July 6

This recap will go over the best tweaks that we've shown you this week. It's certainly not all of them, but we think these are some of the most notable. These are in no specific order.

1. Interactive Message Notifications – 99

Interactive Message Notifications is a new jailbreak tweak that gives your iOS 7 device a text message and iMessage quick reply system similar to that in iOS 8. You will be able to slide down on notification banners from your Messages application or from your WhatsApp Messenger application to easily reply to that message right from the notification banner. Unfortunately, the tweak doesn't offer quick reply from the Lock Screen, but it's a nice start. You can read our full review of Interactive Message Notifications at this link.

2. YouTube Essentials – FREE

YouTube Essentials is a must-have for any YouTube user on the iOS platform. It adds a bunch of necessary features at no cost, including the ability to stream HD videos over your cellular network, the ability to block ads, the ability to keep media playing in the background, and more. It works with the latest version of Google's free YouTube application in the iOS App Store. You can read our full review of YouTube Essentials at this link.

3. LSWeather – $1.99

LSWeather is a cool new jailbreak tweak that replaces your iOS 7 Lock Screen's slide to unlock text with the current weather conditions outside. You can configure several appearance options, and even choose what is hidden or shown for the best aesthetics. To help with battery life, you can configure a custom interval refresh time. You can read our full review of LSWeather at this link.

4. AlphaBadges – FREE

For an extra hint of customization for your iOS 7 device, whether you're just trying to make your device look cooler, or you need something to go along with that awesome new theme of yours, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called AlphaBadges. This tweak will let you set a custom alpha level for your application icon badges so that they appear as opaque or as transparent as you want them to. You can read our full review of AlphaBadges at this link.

5. TapTheAt – FREE

TapTheAt is a handy new free jailbreak tweak for those that find themselves entering their E-mail address a lot. This tweak will let you tap and hold on the "@" symbol on your keyboard to quickly input your mail E-mail address without the need to type it out manually. It's great for login information to save you some typing. You can read out full review of TapTheAt at this link.

6. Fascy – FREE

Fascy is a new free jailbreak tweak that speeds up the scrolling in Web views so that you don't need to put so much effort in getting to the bottom of Web pages. It works in both Mobile Safari and third-party Web browsers. You can read our full review at this link.

Stay tuned for our next edition of Best Tweaks of the Week next week - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous edition of Best Tweaks of the Week, you can view it from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-07-2014 at 04:42 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Great post!

Am I the only one having a problem with Youtube Essentials? I have ad disabler on but ads are still showing on both my i5 and iPad Mini. Been looking for an alternative for Protube extension.
    iPhone 5|64GB|iOS 7.1.2|Pangu
    Twitter: ____bigj
    Instagram: jorgeeeeeee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    TapTheAt is so pointless. Apple already made a way to do that. Since iOS 5 Hahahaha I've been typing @@ and it automatically shortcuts to my email. I even have all my friends emails if I type for example: johns@ it shortcuts to johns email and so forth. Shortcuts is a million times better and that tweak is unfortunately crap :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steiganator View Post
    TapTheAt is so pointless. Apple already made a way to do that. Since iOS 5 Hahahaha I've been typing @@ and it automatically shortcuts to my email. I even have all my friends emails if I type for example: johns@ it shortcuts to johns email and so forth. Shortcuts is a million times better and that tweak is unfortunately crap :P
    Why haven't I ever fought about using @@ as a shortcut. +1 for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H1J1NX View Post
    Great post!

Am I the only one having a problem with Youtube Essentials? I have ad disabler on but ads are still showing on both my i5 and iPad Mini. Been looking for an alternative for Protube extension.
    Me too thought I was going crazy