Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'StatusbarWeather7' Puts the Weather Conditions Outside in Your iOS 7 Status Bar

Default 'StatusbarWeather7' Puts the Weather Conditions Outside in Your iOS 7 Status Bar

We just got done showing you LSWeather by iOS developer whynot, which allows you to put the current weather conditions outside on your iOS 7 Lock Screen where the slide to unlock text usually appears, but it's also worth noting that the same developer has also just released another jailbreak tweak called StatusbarWeather7 that allows you to put weather information in your iOS 7 Status Bar, and just like LSWeather, this tweak is pretty elegant.

StatusbarWeather7 will allow you to either place the outside weather conditions right next to the time in your Status Bar, or you can replace the carrier text with the weather instead, as shown above. It includes a nice icon to represent the weather conditions outside, as well as the temperature outside.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to your Settings application where you can fine-tune the tweak so that it works for your needs:

From here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, automatically fetch your location or enter a custom WOEID, choose a temperature unit of measure, choose a custom weather updating interval, and choose whether the weather information will appear next to the time or in place of the carrier text. Changing any of these settings requires a respring, so a respring button is included at the top right of the preferences pane.

The tweak is a nice addition for nearly any iOS 7 device, so if you're interested in checking it out, you'll be happy to learn that it's a free download from Cydia's BigBoss repository. You will be prompted to reboot your device after installing, and iOs 7 is required for the tweak to be installed.

Name: StatusbarWeather7
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: whynot
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

You can watch our video review of StatusbarWeather7 below:

Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-06-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Niice
    What info do I use for manuall location? I tried Zip code didn't work
    Last edited by robby65; 07-06-2014 at 05:25 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robby65 View Post
    Niice
    From the screenshot it appears to use woeid not zip code. Just a hunch as I've not checked out the tweak yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Default 'StatusbarWeather7' Puts the Weather Conditions Outside in Your iOS 7 Status Bar
    great tweak.

Only change I'd like to see is dropping the "F" from the (Fahrenheit) temp. it doesn't match my current font, and I know it's Fahrenheit anyway. All I need is the degree symbol. would just be a little cleaner that way.

but I stil love the tweak.

Last edited by novadam; 07-06-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Niice
    You must use a WOEID, not a ZIP code.

You can use this tool to find a specific WOEID.

Niice
    Enter your location in this website and type that number into the WOEID area:

Yahoo WOEID Lookup **|**Find Yahoo WOEID Identifiers

All I get is "? N/A". any ideas? thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it and it felt too crowded. So I removed it and now the "loading" spinner is on the left of the time. Weird.

i think only temperature without F or C and without icon would be much cleaner look. Otherwise status bar looks way too crowded. Loving idea though.

StatusForecast is a great alternative with better customization.

good
    Quote Originally Posted by ButlerDawgs View Post
    Enter your location in this website and type that number into the WOEID area:

Yahoo WOEID Lookup **|**Find Yahoo WOEID Identifiers

All I get is "? N/A". any ideas? thanks

Thanks, I think it's to crowded too, no need for the time to be there. Would be less crowded if you would be able to remove the time.
    Going to try LS Weather.

anyone know how to get rid of the bold print for degree letter? it stands out & is quite annoying

Thanks
    Sure their is no point of installing this when intelliscreenX 7.1.2 is working good because it puts iPhone 4 into safe mode