Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu Untethered iOS 7.1/7.1.1 Jailbreak Tool Updated to Version 1.1.0 Mac OS X Supported!

Default Pangu Untethered iOS 7.1/7.1.1 Jailbreak Tool Updated to Version 1.1.0 Mac ...

On Monday, a group of China-based hackers released a public jailbreak for iOS 7.1 and iOS 7.1.1 to the public dubbed Pangu. It is an untethered jailbreak, and since the initial release, it has been a Windows-only jailbreak.

On Sunday, the Pangu iOS hacking team released an updated version of its Pangu jailbreak tool dubbed version 1.1.0. The updated jailbreak tool brings a number of improvements, including support for Mac OS X. Other improvements include:

• Bringing down the file size of the jailbreak tool (it's more than half of the size now)
    • Fixing a problem with boot loops that could happen under uncommon circumstances
    • Using new vulnerabilities instead of the ones used in the original jailbreak tool
    • Improved networking security
    • An improved user interface that now displays in English
    • English version no longer tries to bundle third-party software with Cydia

The team notes that it is not necessary to re-jailbreak your existing Pangu jailbreak if your jailbreak is running fine. The team is planning to release an updated version of the untether package by way of Cydia later on for all who are currently using the Pangu 1.0 jailbreak. You do not need to run the new tool over your existing jailbreak either.

You can download Pangu 1.1.0 from the Pangu Web site, or you can follow these download links:

Pangu 1.1.0 is compatible with:

• iPhone 4
    • iPhone 4s
    • iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPad 2
    • iPad with retina display
    • iPad Air
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Mini with retina display
    • iPod touch 5g

You can read our guide on how to jailbreak with Pangu at this link, and you can read seven considerations before jailbreaking with Pangu at this link.

Sources: Pangu Translated With Google Translate
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 06-30-2014 at 07:43 AM.

"For the longest time"? Hasn't this been out for like...a week? LOL. Glad Mac support is finally here but I just did it using VMWare.

Using new vulnerabilities? So they used more exploits??

[QU OTE=Gerneio;7101607]Using new vulnerabilities? So they used more exploits??[/QUOTE]

Yeah. More of i0n1cs as far as I know

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why burn more exploits?
    This makes no sense.
    Unless the "uncommon" boot loop was from that first exploit used.

I noticed that the new screen shots in this article do not show the box option to uncheck the third party cracked AppStore. So is it no longer bundled?

Tried a few times... no cydia!

Quote Originally Posted by karloz25 View Post
    Why burn more exploits?
    This makes no sense.
    Unless the "uncommon" boot loop was from that first exploit used.

I noticed that the new screen shots in this article do not show the box option to uncheck the third party cracked AppStore. So is it no longer bundled?
    Correct. It's no longer bundled in the English version, as we noted in our bulleted list!

Anthony or anyone- are you still seeing the issue with the 16 and 32gb A1428 iPhone 5?

Thanks!

Kupe

EDIT: Meant to say 32 or 64gb A1428 iPhone 5 as reported in earlier threads.
    Last edited by Kupe; 06-29-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Default Pangu Untethered iOS 7.1/7.1.1 Jailbreak Tool Updated to Version 1.1.0 Mac ...
    I noticed that the article did not mention support for the iPod Touch 5. Is that a typo, did I miss it, or is it really not supported for some bizarre reason?

Edit: My bad. I re-read and realized I just missed it. Sorry

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Anthony or anyone- are you still seeing the issue with the 16 and 32gb A1428 iPhone 5?

Thanks!

Kupe
    What issues? Winterboard doesn't seem to be working properly for me?

Let's waste more exploits! Yeah! ******* Chinese. I thought they were smarter than us.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

my iPhone 5 a128 just went into recovery mode...

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

Thanks!

Kupe
    I used the original version of Pangu Friday on A1428 32gb 5 without problems. It did however take two attempts. First failed with red question marks and the second attempt went fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Let's waste more exploits! Yeah! ******* Chinese. I thought they were smarter than us.
    There are probably thousands and thousands of Chinese hackers out there. Heck for all we know every single jailbreak we ever had could have been from a covert group of chinese hackers posing as Americans/Europeans...

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    There are probably thousands and thousands of Chinese hackers out there. Heck for all we know every single jailbreak we ever had could have been from a covert group of chinese hackers posing as Americans/Europeans...
    You haven't been around long, have you?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TDH Advocate For This Useful Post:

xWalmartCandyx (06-29-2014)

You haven't been around long, have you?
    Hahahaha. Looks like he's been around longer than a month at least.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to noname8317 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (07-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    Winterboard is not yet fully compatible with ios 7.1.1. Check this tweak-compatibility list for more info:

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/publishe...436b&mode=html

20. The Following User Says Thank You to xWalmartCandyx For This Useful Post:

jackson1714 (06-29-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by noname8317 View Post
    Hahahaha. Looks like he's been around longer than a month at least.
    Lol. He clearly hasn't been here too long.

Lol. He clearly hasn't been here too long.
    Pretty sure he was referring to your join date.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    Gahhh I meant to say the 32 or 64gb A1428 iPhone 5 (not 16 or 32gb). Anthony had mentioned an issue with those and the original Pangu last week in an earlier thread.

Kupe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast