+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why the Pangu iOS 7.1/7.1.1 Jailbreak Was Both a Good Thing and a Bad Thing

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
7.0.6 is plenty stable. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA On another note this article is pretty poor. EVERY SINGLE one of the BAD can be said of every single jailbreak, after the very first
    Green Apple
    Thanks

7.0.6 is plenty stable. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

On another note this article is pretty poor. EVERY SINGLE one of the BAD can be said of every single jailbreak, after the very first jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

How about this being great news! I mean now there could be more than one group bringing the next jailbreak! Not to sound bias but I love the idea of Asian hackers being on the job! They always seem to improve a pond good ideas!

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiganator View Post
    This is totally not a good thing. If you missed out iOS 7.0 through 7.0.6 jailbreak its your own damn fault. They should have saved those precious exploits for iOS 8. I have an iPad 3 that is now jailbroken on iOS 7.1.1 and i really don't care. it would have been worth the wait to have a iOS 8 jailbreak released sooner
    Not completely true, because some people may have bought their device shipped with 7.1 or 7.1.1 and they couldnt get their jailbreak or their current jailbroken device may have had an issue and had to be replaced. That wasnt their fault, accidents happen. You saying that the exploits should of been saved for iOS 8 but who knows if apple would have patched those exploits, maybe their would have, maybe not. Waiting for iOS 8 wouldnt have been sooner because i remember when everyone was on iOS 6.1.4 and they wanted to save those exploits but it took then around christmas to jailbreak and that latest jailbreak was 7.0.4 at the time. Im just saying that who knows what would of happened, all that matters is that it happened so there is nothing we can do.

I also read in a previous article on Modmyi that the good thing about this jailbreak means that the iPhone 4 is forever jailbroken. The iPhone 4 maybe slow and lack alot of features that iOS 7 may have to offer but it will is a reliable phone and the jailbreak will allow the iphone to make some adjustments to meet user demand that would make the user upgrade is not desired.

This is the first time in a while that all releases of the iOS is jailbreakable, it hasnt happened since iOS 5. iOS 6.1.3/4 happened after the jailbreak of 7.0-7.0.6
    iOS 1-3 was easy (easier than now) to jailbreak
    iOS 4 was a little difficult but made easy due to GeoHot's limerain exploit.
    iOS 5 was difficult because the testing of A5 devices and i believe that because if limera1n was usable on A5+ devices then it would of been quicker and the only A5 at the time was the iPhone 4S and ipad 2/3.

Long story short, The reason it takes long to jailbreak is because of alot of steps and reasons

Steps
    Finding exploits
    Testing Exploits
    Compiling them into a program like a puzzle to make the exploits work all at a time required to run.
    Testing that program on all devices (around 40 Devices)
    Finalizing the program to bugs

reasons

The jailbreak wants to make sure that it works perfectly because the last thing the devs want to do is loose rep because they made a jailbreak that doesnt work.

If a user was saving updating to get a jailbreak and it doesnt work. That would make the user restore to a firmware they do not want.

So its either time or quality. Quality is more important in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    How about this being great news! I mean now there could be more than one group bringing the next jailbreak! Not to sound bias but I love the idea of Asian hackers being on the job! They always seem to improve a pond good ideas!

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi
    Agreed! Its kinda funny how they made a jailbreak so fast after i0nics lesson while i0nic has been working on it (idk if thats true anymore) while these guys made it instant. Sure they put a piracy store on their utility but the user can always uncheck it.
    Last edited by Hakrslif; 06-26-2014 at 05:28 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hakrslif For This Useful Post:

i.Annie (06-27-2014)

Thanks

Do we really know yet if they burned exploits or found new ones?? Who knows if the known exploits would still be there in ios8 or not! End of the day new iOS means new exploits!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't get why everyone is getting all bent outta shape over pangu, I for one think it's pretty dope that other dev-teams, although unheard of, are releasing untethered jailbreak/s 2 the public. so maybe try 2 be a little more appreciative and greatful as opposed 2 ******** about burnt exploits. just my 2 cents.

Thanks

I love that they are trying. But they used all of these exploits. Now, remember, It may be harder for apple to crack down on it because it's a windows exe file, I don't know... Don't take my word for it... Anyways, I would rather have iOS 8 have all of these exploits... I mean 7.1.1 wasn't a required upgrade except for the ~6 people on this website who use CarPlay... I mean choose... CarPlay, or the power user stuff for Yosemite... If your jail broken, your probably POWER USER ENOUGH! I would love the features of iOS 8 jailbroken... I mean imagine, checking visual voicemail on your computer with a tweak and software. iOS 8 is where the exploits should have been used. If I were them, I would do this...

Wait for iOS 8 release... Don't JB iOS 8. Wait for the release of 8.1 (sure it's long, but we can get the fixes and features) then JB that with the exploits patched on the new iOS and then JB 7.1.1 with the iOS 8 patched exploits... Then, you have the big update JB'd and if apple patches it, WHO CARES they'll just slap update 8.1.1 on and redesign the power down slider again. MAJOR UPDATE!! Come on down folks! Also, we fixed that major bug you got when you are calculating 6 + 203 and divide it by 2 in the calculator app!

Oh, AND A TWEAK ON IOS 8 TO BYPASS THE STUPID RESTRICTION WHEN TYPING A PASSWORD! IT DISABLES MY AMAZING FLEKSY!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    1. More Exploits Used

Pangu is a nice luxury for us... right now. But when iOS 8 comes out to the public, there are now fewer exploits that could be used by hackers in the future because Apple is likely to patch the exploits used in the Pangu jailbreak by the time of the public release of iOS 8 this Fall.

This means the hackers that try hard to bring us jailbreaks will have to work even harder to come up with ways to jailbreak the new operating system when it's released, and this could delay progress.
    I thought this exploit that was used before and Apple just didn't patch it in this version. If so there's no telling whether it would be patched in iOS8 or not anyways.

Oh well, it's out now though so there's no point in asking if it was the right thing to do..

Thanks

Has a Mac version been released yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    Has a Mac version been released yet?
    Nope, not yet.

Thanks

Well damn

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Debating on if it's worth it to update to 7.1.x form 7.0.x with this. Is there really much of a difference? I have no issues with either device

Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Debating on if it's worth it to update to 7.1.x form 7.0.x with this. Is there really much of a difference? I have no issues with either device
    If you're not required to update, then you might as well stay on 7.0.x

I don't see the benefit of updating unless you're required to do so. I'm not going to update my other two iPads after using 7.1.1 for several days.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm holding off for ios 8, timing for the release couldn't be more wrong

Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    I'm holding off for ios 8, timing for the release couldn't be more wrong
    I disagree. For work, I needed to update so the jailbreak is welcome. I'm just sayin that it's not required if your device is working fine in 7.0.x

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Broke down and updated my iPad Air to 7.1.x myself. Figure it will be a while before 8 is out let alone jailbroken. As soon as 7.1.2 is public I'll jailbreak that for the iPad mini.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone had trouble jail breaking using this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m4tth3w View Post
    I don't get why everyone is getting all bent outta shape over pangu, I for one think it's pretty dope that other dev-teams, although unheard of, are releasing untethered jailbreak/s 2 the public. so maybe try 2 be a little more appreciative and greatful as opposed 2 ******** about burnt exploits. just my 2 cents.
    #1 reason that releasing pangu was a "good thing"
    • pisses off i0n1c

who's been bragging about all the money he makes selling his proprietary hacking sk1|z since, like, forever
    who's been threatening to sell his iOS exploits to the highest malware bidder since, like, forever
    who's been criticizing/attacking/trolling everyone else in the JB scene, accusing them of either
    1. secretly working for Apple
    2. selling their (supposedly nonexistent) proprietary sk1|z
    3. selling exploits to the highest bidder

or all the above.

No, the fact that some chinese skiddies dumped i0n1c's stuff into a new, flashy JB tool, isn't a "taste of his own medicine" and yes, it might make future jailbreaks harder to come by, since the tricks pangu-team used are standard tools-of-the-trade that devteam/chr0n1c/geohot/etc have always used to find/test new exploits, but its still funny.

And that alone makes it worth it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (07-05-2014), Zokunei (07-06-2014)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12